Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Sketchy Plot  (Read 4529 times)

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« on: June 01, 2004, 03:42:02 pm »
One thing that I don't understand about the matrix online, is why are we still delving into the matrix?  We have a truce, why free more minds and why try to hack it in general.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 03:49:10 pm »
Because we Zionists don't want the matrix at all keeping people inside. The Machinists, wants to keep the matrix, and the ones working for the Exiles just wants to dominate the matrix.

So we, being a Zionist faction, of course wants the matrix destroyed and minds freed.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 03:59:57 pm »
not just that, but when the truce was made the machines promised anyone who would "like" to be freed would be freed. and like morpheus said, most people are so intwined with the matrix that telling them otherwise would be disasterous (something to that effect).  so we could tell everyone this is not real which would bring total chaos or let them live out their lives, unplugging people as they did.

ZInk

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 04:12:24 pm »
Well that makes sense, lol.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 04:23:48 pm »
Yeah my definition of Zionist  rather - is nto to destroy the matrix, but to protect Zion - at all costs (which necessarily doesn't mean destroying the matrix) and freeing not every human, but those that only want to be freed. Why would you want to bring in an unruly human to a peaceful civilization that didn't want to be there in the first place? That would only bring about discord and confusion.

Leave the humans there that want to stay. All of the humans are going to be given anothr chance, a second choice. If they choose to stay in the matrix they forget it exists, we don't worry about them, but if they choose to leave it's our responsibility to get them out. Also Zuron the storyline is going to be made when the game comes out much more so then now - there are going to be monthly movies - cinematics an actual rewspaper that subtly points out possible missions and things you'll have to read into - it's going to be so great.

Patience my friend, is a virtue.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 04:42:25 pm »
See those little things like the progressing storyline, the movies and the newspaper are the little things that are going to make this game turn out soo awesome.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 05:09:54 pm »
My definition of a zionist is that the matrix needs to be destroyed because "No one is free unless all are free." As long as the matrix exists there is a chance that the human race could be reinslaved and everyone's well being and freedom is at stake due to its existence. If it was just that everyone who wants to stay in the matrix can stay and those who don't wont have to then there is really no point in the battle between machinists and zionists because they would have just agreed on that point and have become friends.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 05:30:04 pm »
I'd have to agree with Eclipse on this one. As long as we keep freeing more minds, slowly but surely, everyone will wake up and there will be no need to "destroy" the matrix.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 05:41:03 pm »
It needs to be destroyed because many years into the future the machines and humans are bound to start fighting again and the machines will go hey lets use that matrix thingy again. If it is destroyed there is a far lower chance of this happening because the machines and humans would have to work together to rebuild the real world and become friends in the process.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 05:47:26 pm »
Either way if the war starts out again we are kinda screwed. If we destroy it (or release everyone from it, thus destroying it.) then everybody still inside would not be able to handle the sudden release. Also what's to stop them from programming another one. If we let it live, well, then they can still use it.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 07:57:38 pm »
the war will start, but not for another couple of centuries when man and machine co-excist once again and it stirs up discrimination like in the animatrix.  i believe they portrayed it very well in that animated movie. how it all started. awesome!

ZInk

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 10:35:58 pm »
yeah definitely but it would be better to destroy it once and for all because if everybody is free whats the use of it? the only reason they had it was to keep humans occupied while they used them as millions of energizer bunnies. so if they keep the matrix it shows they plan to reenslave humans when they feel the truce has worn thin.

thats my opinion!
 8) <steps off soap box>

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 10:49:49 pm »
Remember, the machines in the matrix movies are only using humans like we use machines in real life. Would you like machines to rise up against you? I dont htink destroying the matrix would solve anything. All the people connected would die, and the machines would only get more pissed at zion, andf this time they would destroy them, as the humans would have nothing to offer the machines. A zionist is someone who will protect zion at all costs. Why get Zion destroyed, and millions of people killed, all to make the machines have a harder time of getting energy?

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 11:22:24 pm »
The idea is to destroy the matrix AFTER freeing all human minds, Iluvatar.  

Naturally, this entails that this is a long term process, since there have got to be millions (maybe billions?) of people connected to the Matrix.

Essentially, to be able to do this, the disconnected humans must be able to rebuild cities and create human nations once more.  This entails that man and machine must cooperate, or at least have a truce, which allows this.  That part isn't our job.  That's for diplomats and the council operating from Zion to decide (though it may become a hot issue as time goes on).

As Zion operatives inside the matrix, our job consists of: saving and freeing all the humans we can (as long as we have the means to support them), preventing all machine interference in our mission, protecting exiles on OUR side, and making sure the "other" exiles (you know of whom I'm speaking) do not interfere in our mission.

I may have missed something, but this is our mission within the scope of the Matrix.  At the moment, we are not diplomats, though we may find ourselves thrust into such a role unexpectedly.  

Although our goal is the freeing of all human minds and the destruction of the matrix, that doesn't mean that we have to continue a war with the machines.  We're bound to lose that one, if it comes to war again.  Best, then, to find a way to cooperate with them.  In that case, the Matrix may reemerge, but not in its current form.  Gone would be living one's entire life inside a crimson pod.  Gone would be growing human children, and liquidating the dead to feed them.  Instead, the Matrix may become more of an interface between human and machine relations.  We can better communicate and interact with them, in such an environment.  It may also become a recreation area for humans, when we're able to afford such conveniences.  In short, it would be for temporary jack-ins, for either play or business or other man/machine relations.

That's just my view, however.  I'm not the decision maker in such things.  Neither is anyone else in the FA, for the moment.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 04:29:48 am »
If the matrix is destroyed and everybody is freed then the machines would have no energy source, thus they would become extinct.  Humans can live without the machine but the machine cannot.

Would the machines be stupid enough to realease everyone and meet their own diestruction?

They are about 100 times smarter than humans

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online