Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Sketchy Plot  (Read 4530 times)

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 03:34:37 pm »
Two things to think about.

1.  The Architect mentioned that there are some levels of existence (or whatever) the machines are willing to accept.  However, this is more or less a doomsday scenario they had planned, in case the Matrix does go down.  They won't want to do this if the Matrix is still a viable energy source.

2.  Freeing everyone from the Matrix is going to take a heck of a lot of time.  During this time, the machines can be looking for another source of energy.  Someone mentioned a while ago that if both man and machine eventually are able to cooperate, it may be possible to repair the sky.  Besides, we don't really have any idea what the machines have been doing while humanity has been trapped below.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 03:46:19 pm »
Catalyst is completly right. The only way to destroy the matrix is to slowly free more and more minds. As that's happening the machines will be forced to find another source of energy. (possibly the sky)

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2004, 06:21:43 pm »
Okay everyone, the machines always had a source of power. HELLO!!! THIS IS THE FUTURE!!!!!!! hasn't anyone seen the jetsons? they can just build giant solar towers above the sky and they will be fine.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2004, 06:48:56 pm »
Yeah...next thing you know, everyone in Zion will have a robotic rooster to wake them all up in the morning.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2004, 07:14:00 pm »
We Zionists, by nature, are the antagonists of the story. We are the bad guys. The Machines give those inside the Matrix food and shelter and protection, while allowing them to live a much better life than they'd get in the 'real world.' Not only that, but with Neo's sacrifice, the Machines gave those still plugged in the choice. So those who remained in the Matrix are doing so because they Chose To. Whether they did so consciously or unconsciously is irrelevant. They made the decision, and We, as Zionists, are not respecting their desires.

The sky is still scorched. Without human's for power, the Machines will die. Not only are us, the Zionists, disrespecting the jacked-in ones wishes, but we are willing to wipe out the Machine race in order to do so, because we have the delusion that total freedom comes before all else.

The Machinists respect the decision those jacked-in made. The Machinists may even wish to belong to the Matrix as well. They understand that the Machines rely on the Matrix for their very survival, and they are sympathetic enough to their cause to fight for it. What is the Machinist's cause? To respect the choices of others.

In Reloaded and Revolutions, Choice plays an underlining role. Neo's choice got us to where we are today. As Zionists, we are desecrating his sacrifice, and putting our own values above other people's choices and desires.

We, as Zionists, are selfish, delusional men and women who see our choice as more important than anyone elses. We, as Zionists, are the bad guys of this story. We are the Agent Smith's of The Matrix Online.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2004, 07:25:38 pm »
"To be great is to be misunderstood." - Emerson

All great men and women have been called traitors in their time.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2004, 08:41:57 pm »
The same could be said of the Machinist as far as being the bad guys. They really don't give the humans a choice in the beginning considering they're only babies when they are born. So in light of that the mahinces are just as bad as we are if that's the case, because they don't give the humans a real choice. Humanity is forced into bondage whether we would want it or not, plus Morpeous said that there are those who are hopelessly dependent on the system. Those are the ones who are beyond the ability to accept change willingly considering how long they've been connected to the Matrix. Keep in mind that Morpheous also said they don't free a mind past a certain age so it's almost impossible to free every human mind, but one can hope.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2004, 10:34:02 pm »
Very well put, Tyshalle.  Good--Bad its all a frame of mind.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2004, 12:47:16 am »
True.  

As a very brief counter-argument, the only "choice" those in the Matrix are given is the subliminal one.  Nearly everyone accepts the program, and this is not a conscious choice.  They are living in a world of ignorance, not realizing the truth.

The true test would be to make everyone aware of the Matrix, what it is, how they're living a lie, then allow them to make a choice.  Personally, I still think most of them would continue to accept the Matrix, because people generally prefer the status quo, and such a change would be way too radical.  

On the other hand, there are bound to be quite a few who are pissed off that they're only batteries powering the Machines.  The "Man" really is keeping them down.  You don't need me to point out the irony of that sentence.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2004, 05:25:29 am »
Still it's a bit strange that humans were the source of power they chose, when you think about all the alternatives for power supplies we have today. Maybe they are to smart to build a nuclear powerplant, but if they are so far into the future, I assume they would be able to make fusionplants?

Anyways, I guess we should be glad they chose us humans. If not we wouldn't had MxO upcoming :).

~371

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2004, 04:56:20 pm »
Actually "The Machine" is keepeing them down lol.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2004, 08:06:09 pm »
Well, probably why the humans were chose as the source of power is for retaliation. If you check out the special features on the revolutions disc(i think its in the animatrix as well), we actually opressed machines for a good amount of time. Even after they had become a peace loving, flourishing economy country, we as humans denied them entry into the the U.N. Of course they were going to feel righteous vengeance towards humans. Thats why you cant call machines antagonists, as that would be saying the humans were right in persacuting machines that essentially, were human. I think that The Matrix was all about hipocracy. The humans should know that they were getting their due, that karma was catching up with them. Although I agree that yes, people should be freed from the matrix, it shouldnt be about destroying it. A zionist is named a zionist because they hold the interests of Zion at heart, not the interests of destroying the matrix. A more appropriate name for one who wishes the destruction of the matrix is "Wishful Thinker". Although the machines will allow the people who decide that they wish to leave the matrix to leave, I doubt theyll tolerate the freeing of extra minds.

Sorry about now putting that into paragraphs. I really didnt know where to seperate it at.

Anonymous

Sketchy Plot
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2004, 10:07:58 pm »
Ok guys.....Eclipse's turn.

If we're going tos tate things, we have to know what the movie said. (No this is not a flame or whatever, it's a reminder.) The machines WILL NOT cease to exist if they give up the matrix. As Catylast said before the architect said that they have other means of survival. Obviously, if they're still using the matrix the other means are lower and not as fit for their gigantic needs as the matrix is.

As far as to say that humans are the atagonists, I would say true, but only for the beginning, and somewhat now. There is blame on both parts. The matrx was created because man could not control his ignorance. He could not control his intolerance. So he has brought to the point of extinction and forced into subjection, submission. He was forced into a cage. Kinda ironic isn't it? I mean man puts everything below him in a cage. Animals, "criminals" etc etc.

Anywayz after the initial ignorance the machines could only do what their creators would do. They retailiated. They were formed in teh likeness of man, given a inteligence, one of its own, so it used it. It created the matrix. What you guys have to understand is that the subliminal choice, while some may call it unfair, is not given later on, but it's given at birth. If it wasn't the humans wouldn't breast feed, they wouldn;t suck on a matrix-generated pacifier. They accept the program. If you look at Reloaded this was the function of the oracle. She was made to make ppl accept the program. Now of course some don't. Which is how the First One got out.

The matrix needs not to be destroyed. It needs to survive. Why destroy another race, for doing excatly what homo sapiens have done for thousands of years? For enslaving a lower? Even if you don't want to look at it that way like Marss said, (from Morpheous also) we cannot free a mind after it's reached a certain age. He said that it has problems letting go.

If you choose to believe the fact of the matter when Morpheous said that as long as the matrix exists the human race will never be free - know this. He was wrong. "I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." He wanted the matrix to be destroyed, Neo wanted peace. He aslo wanted the human race to be free, and that's done. They have a choice to be free! Whether or not they choose it is not up to us. We cannot force them to make a choice, that in itself undermines the whole concept of the very word.

Also, they cannot build solar spikes into the sky. Remember when Neo went into the sky to get away from the Senteniels? They all got fried, including his ship. The constant electricity knocks all power systems out.

We cannot kill them, or destroy them fro doing something that was in tehir nature, what is is our nature. No I'm not saying forive their crimes, but keep in mind we committed crimes also. Judge not lest ye be judged.

The matrix does not need to be destroyed.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 331