Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: white crystal confirmed!!! (exploited)  (Read 7546 times)

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Re: white crystal confirmed!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 10:25:57 pm »
So how did he get it?
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Mythrillian

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 10:36:27 pm »
Wow, just reading this after two days of racking my brain. Imagine the time people wasted over this.

Seems like he wanted the publicity all along.....he definitely has it now.  I am curious to know exactly how he acquired it.

Offline Ominari

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 11:58:20 pm »
Not sure, don't really care.  I am not going to go out of my way for something that hasn't been officially released yet.  My guess would have to be deep in some exhaustion zone.
Slicing / Archeology / Undecided

When idle hands are the Devil's playground.... We should all j*rk-off for Jesus.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2012, 03:47:31 am »
Interesting... "did not obtain it through legitimate means"... what the hell does that mean?
He hacked the client? I mean.... surely the crystal is available in game or not. If he didn't get it in game (through whatever clever process), then he hacked it???

Or do you think they are suggesting that it is in game, but shouldn't be available to get yet ... which I doubt .... but that would mean that it was BW's fault?

I am confused.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 05:24:49 am »
Based on the fact Stephen Reid said it was something the ordinary player wouldn't stumble upon, it could be glitches in the game, tears in the map, unaccessible areas slipped into (by whatever means)

Catch has gone everywhere this crystal is mentioned to point out he didn't hack the game. Admittedly his word is mud. But, I would say he used many a set of exploits and glitches in the game to obtain it, and he did it knowing full well he was doing something he shouldn't.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 05:37:32 am »
I'm thinking hex switches client side that wernt varified by the server allowing you to turn any item into any other item provided you knew the hex code of said item.  If this how he did it epic faux pas on biowares side as potentially anything that exists in the serverside item database can be spoofed client side. MXO had this problem to the point where you could switch abilities hex codes to give you admin abilities.

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2012, 08:49:48 am »
Not to add to his growing infamy, but he's uploaded this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtxjAEW2Exc

I urge you not to waste the 10 minutes I did watching it though.  I will give a brief summary of what he claims he did.  It should be noted he is protesting his innocence to such a degree it further stinks of lies.  He's knows full well Bioware won't say much (if anything on the matter) and he's trying to win the public over.

1.  He killed the three vendors in Outlaws Den for the Expertise Buff
2.  Then attacking the Well-fed Womprat he contracted fever.
3.  He gathered some friends and went to kill Gargath.
4.  He looted the crystal off Gargath. Note, he claims not to have been in a group when killing Gargath, thus no one knew of the drop besides him
5.  The crystal disappeared from his inventory on the way to his ship
6.  He submitted a ticket asking what happened
6.5 Some stuff about him trolling another user.
7.  Bioware CS contact him and give him item back
8.  Presents item to the world
9.  Major crap-storm
10.  Bioware enter and put end to it all
11. Whines and moans about Bioware.

About 5 minutes into his "story" he shows some "emails" from Bioware.  In no way are they proof of what he says.  Afterall, how hard is it to fake an email?

For me this issue was put to bed the second Alison Berryman and Stephen Reid stepped in.  But, if you ever needed more proof, you just need to look at Catch's "story".  It is obvious the story has been created after the fact.  A quick excuse made up in the hopes to make people believe what he did was real.  But it just doesn't make sense.  I mean, where is the link between Outlaw's Den and Gargath?  Why would you fight a world boss without being in a group?  Heck, is that even possible given the buffs and alike those things have?
Furthermore, in comments on Youtube and PCGamer he tries to add more details but they fall flat.  Such as, he was in a group for Gargath, but dropped (he argues that is what caused the drop).  But then, surely if he dropped group, why did he get loot?

Now, I realise I'm perpetuating it by actually following the story, but I hope he disappears as quickly as he appeared.  He apparently only has a 7 day suspension, after which I hope to god everyone on the Republic side keeps their eyes peeled for him on the battlefield.
Heck, I'd put a bounty on his head if I had credits on that server, if not just purely for his awful behaviour in both obtaining the crystal and the aftermath.

Offline Ominari

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://...
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:53 am »
<.< Using an old as hell name on Youtube, he got this response from me (keep note that I was one of the people who spent damn near 3 days hunting shit down and kept a close eye on the SWTOR forums as well as his guilds forums).

So... In all of your posts to your guild and in SWTOR forums you state, "It's just a game." Now you make a huge huff about being banned and gloating to the world about this item.
Now I shall quote you... "Would you like some toast with that jelly?"
Build a bridge, cry a river and get the fuck over it dude, it's "just a game with virtual items of no monitary value"
Slicing / Archeology / Undecided

When idle hands are the Devil's playground.... We should all j*rk-off for Jesus.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 83