Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA VC Suggestions  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
FA VC Suggestions
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:52:31 pm »
Please use this thread to post your suggestions on the continuing FA Vector Challenge.  Currently we are planning on continuing this as a monthly challenge.  Each month we will need to come up with a new challenge for the community, the challenge does not necessarily have to revolve around a PVP session with FA.  

It may also be good to discuss setting the FA VC up on a particular day or week of the month so that we all can start to do what we can to schedule that time.  1 day a month isn't to hard to ask and figure out.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Re: FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:59:24 pm »
I liked the Capture the Flag Idea you were playing with Broin. We should get that in the works.

Furious since 2006.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 02:08:03 pm »
or 2 days a month for one hour.....

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:31:46 pm »
apologies for double post, however. the capture the flag event in 01 would be perfect follow up. I am afraid I dont have much imagination for these things however I will support them.

tally ho

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 07:15:34 pm »
I agree with the CTF idea it would be an awesome idea.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 07:33:20 pm »
Okay here is the idea for the capture the flag.

We would have a Dev (I've been told I have to talk to Rarebit or Dracomet to get this set up)  Place a luggable at the center Dish.  Probably nothing more than a signal booster luggable

Each org would start from their own Safe Zone/Spawn Point and would score a point by capturing the flag and bringing it back to their Spawn Point.

Now from here I have two divergent ideas.  One is for after the score of the point a neutral runner in master shadow picks it up and returns it to the dish.

The second one is this.  Each org would specify one person to be their Master Shadow.  That Master Shadow person would be allowed to go into Master Shadow and attempt to take the luggable from the enemy Spawn point.  

Master Shadow would only be allowed to be turned on in the enemy spawn area.  Of course once the luggable is picked up the Master Shadow would drop and they would be targetable to everything including the sentries so it would take coordination from everyone to distract the sentries and or the other Reds in the area.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:44:44 am »
Sounds complicated. The more rules and more dependent we are on everyone following the rules, the less likely it is to work. I'm a jerk, so as soon as I get the luggable, I'm just going to delete it from my inventory, since you can do that with a sat dish. Haha, try to have your lame event now FA. You get the idea.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 03:34:26 am »
I was just thinking that whoever held it the longest during the course of the event would be the winner, rather than having to return it after reaching a spot. It's much more simple to see who can carry it the longest.

But that's just me.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 11:49:03 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Sounds complicated. The more rules and more dependent we are on everyone following the rules, the less likely it is to work. I'm a jerk, so as soon as I get the luggable, I'm just going to delete it from my inventory, since you can do that with a sat dish. Haha, try to have your lame event now FA. You get the idea.

I didn't think you could delete the luggable sattelite dishes?

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 05:13:31 pm »
People may hate us, but the majority respect us enough in the way they would combat by rules just to try to beat us.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 02:39:22 pm »
I think you can recycle the satellite luggables.  Actually, I think you can recycle all the luggables, but they respawn in the district after a certain amount of time.

If a dev were to place a luggable in the construct, where luggables aren't designed to spawn, if someone recycled it that would be the end of the event.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 02:42:36 pm »
Quote from: "TheSorrows"
People may hate us, but the majority respect us enough in the way they would combat by rules just to try to beat us.

Regarding this, I really don't think anyone hates us anymore.  I hate to say it, but we haven't been active as a faction in order to give them reason enough to hate us.  I get the feeling that most of them simply no longer care, or they care just enough to stick around and mock us.

Not that it matters.  We shouldn't waste energy worrying about where we stand with rival factions.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
FA VC Suggestions
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 03:18:59 pm »
I think you took what I said the wrong way.

Im not really in the bizz of caring what they think about us nor do I care about them in any particular fashion.

Tbone said too many rules it will crumble, honestly i think they will follow the rules just to say them beat us at our own game.

Kinda like youll do whatever it takes to get that uber game when it comes out or you just GOT to have that new collectible. Youll do almost anything just to try.

Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

If a dev were to place a luggable in the construct, where luggables aren't designed to spawn, if someone recycled it that would be the end of the event.

Ya, I dont think the devs will just be on call for alot of lugs to be made. The idea Broin is spot on, but if you can delete the luggs, the components for this idea are a tad off. :)

Furious since 2006.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online