Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Project Launch (PM I received)  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Project Launch (PM I received)
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:00:47 pm »
I got this PM. Feel free to participate if you want:

Hello, Tbone! My name is Evan Barrow, or Frettz Hal'Dane if you prefer my SW:TOR character's name, or @MrFrettz on Twitter. Call me whichever you prefer! I've been very involved in the SW:TOR pre-release community, as a member of Eternal Vigilance, a once-correspondent for Fragworld, on Twitter, and at conventions. I'm here to invite TFA to participate in an exciting project that I'm spearheading: Project Launch.

Here we are on the eve of Early Access. How much effort has Bioware put into SW:TOR over the past three years to make tomorrow a great experience? The goal of Project Launch is to give back to Bioware, show them how all their hard work is paying off, and thank them for caring so much for this community. The way in which Project Launch will realize this goal is by making a compilation video of webcam recordings of people who are playing SW:TOR for the first time after launch (even if you played in game testing). By asking people to leave their webcam on as they see the opening crawl for the first time and start their first character, we hope to capture the excitement and joy that so many of us are going to experience. Bioware has spent so much effort making this game the best it can be, and this is a chance to show them how all that work has paid off. Participation in Project Launch is 100% voluntary, but if you want to show Bioware that this community appreciates them, then I really hope you'll chose to join in!

Obviously, it's more complicated than "leave your webcam on". Fortunately, we've formulated a thorough execution plan, which you can find here. I'd like to emphasize a couple of points from it:

--THIS IS GOING TO BE A SURPRISE FOR BIOWARE! Don't go talking about it on Twitter, or on other public channels of communication. Keep it on the down-low.
--The webcam recording would be going on as people load up the game for the first time at launch (around the 15th - 20th) - not earlier.
--We're looking for people who are going to provide honest, active commentary - obviously, people staring blankly at their screen would be really boring. That's not what we want.
--The deadline for submissions is December 28th.
--We're inviting various fansites and guilds to participate in Project Launch. If you can think of an pre-release organization that would be interested in participating, please don't forward them this message! Instead, tell me about the organization, and I'll get in contact with them. I'd like to contact everyone directly, to make sure they're getting a clear idea of what Project Launch is.

The document itself is goes into much more detail, and is very comprehensive.

If TFA wants to participate, please contact me at egbarrow@email.wm.edu, and distribute the attached file to your members. Make sure they understand that THIS IS GOING TO BE A SURPRISE FOR BIOWARE, and shouldn't be made public! This is a project I've wanted to get off the ground for a while now, and can't wait to get started. Thanks for reading, and again, send me an email if you'd like to hear more about Project Launch!

-Evan Barrow / Frettz Hal'Dane / @MrFrettz
egbarrow@email.wm.edu

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Project Launch (PM I received)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:03:07 pm »
Sounds pretty epic, ill toss mine on
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
Re: Project Launch (PM I received)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:51:14 pm »
I'm in. Did he include any info about how to send in our recordings?

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29