Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A New Direction...  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
A New Direction...
« on: June 14, 2009, 05:57:15 pm »
I began to fear that our interest in Darkfall was fading. I tried over and over to think of ways to energize the game and really get us involved, but as many of the other DF clans began to quickly fade away, I had an inkling that the game itself just wasn't going to work. Not wanting to play a game that a majority of us may not want to play, I made this poll:

http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?msg=89976

As it is now, 20 people have voted and only 15% (3 people) have an interest in playing Darkfall. Ideally we'd like at least 75% of the guild interested in our primary game and could even settle as low as 50%. 15% is obviously completely unacceptable, and as such, it is time for a new direction.

First, let me say thanks to all of you who put in hard work on recruitment, sigs, and other Darkfall stuff. Hopefully we can still use a lot of that for wherever we go next. It's unrealistic to think that every game we try will hit home as well as MxO did, and so it is time to continue trying.

We're going to pull out of Darkfall with the hopes of finding an immediate MMO/game to run head on into. There's obviously a lot of exciting games on the horizon that we are looking closely at, but those games are probably at least 8-9 months away, and so we are looking to fill the void.

I'll be making a post for you to submit your nominations for our next game, preferably an MMO. Again we're not looking for perfection here, but at least something that can entertain us, keep us active, and have a community to recruit from for at least a year. We're looking for an immediate replacement, so please nominate something that is already out or coming out within a month.

Darkfall had a lot of interesting things, but I think there were a few things that made it not fit with us or most gamers. There was not much teamwork or strategy to the game (everyone fought with some form of melee/archery/magic combo - there were no healers, pure ranged, etc.). There was no story and no even line drawn for conflict to take place. The leveling system was what some describe as the worst grind experienced in an MMO, but the bigger issue was that the grind did not support group/team play but rather solo sometimes afk grinding.

To those of you who have recently joined, I'm sorry to have made you go through all that trouble to join a clan that is walking out the door. I never like leaving anything unfinished, but part of making the right decisions is knowing when to jump ship. You are welcome to join us in our future endeavors, but we understand if you'd rather find a Darkfall clan. Please just let us know if you are leaving.

Ok, with all that said, I'll be making a post for you guys to put in your nominations. Games with a trial would be great! Please be patient everyone and give your input so we can find a game that best suits all of us! Get on TS please and you can still join us for MxO, CS:S, poker, etc. plus any other games we might be trying out! There's a lot of exciting games that are on the horizon and I'm sure there's a lot of interesting games for us to explore now! Thanks!

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 79
  • Dot Hidden: 0