Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Vacation!  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Vacation!
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:45:49 pm »
Vacation!

Los Angeles is where it will be at. I'll be visiting colleges (Pepperdine mostly), going to Universal Studios (we got 2-day tickets for the price of one day), hitting the beach, and general being lazy in the sun.

However, I'm not just going there for fun and games. I'm going there to make games. Yeah, I get to design a video game at this camp right on the UCLA campus. I think it will be a lot of fun. Once we're done, we get to present it to the producer of Age of Empires and see what he thinks of the game. I'll (hopefully) be able to browse the forums just as much as I do normally, but I don't know if I'll be able to get in-game. It would be hella sweet if I could download MXO and show it off to everyone... and maybe get a new Angel or two recruited in the process. Who knows.

I know that this will be a geek fest. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I'm imagining it to be. I just can't get the picture of 40-mini Rarebits running around out of my mind... O_O

I get back on the 9th/10th of July. My apologies for not being able to help out with the farming. I wish I could, and hopefully I'll be able to. Maybe I'll get lucky and at least be able to jump onto TS every once in a while.

See you guys in two weeks! It doesn't look like we can get to the old crew roster anymore to set ourselves on vacation, so this is my form of doing that.

For real now, BYEEEE! :D

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
Re: Vacation!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:14:53 pm »
Sounds like quite a trip.  Enjoy your vacation!

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 06:45:06 am »
Later bro

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 01:44:55 pm »
Have a great time Ana..cya when you get back :D

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 07:12:41 pm »
Ana, Manic came up with an idea to save teh Matrix! You join SOE and save us!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 11:57:57 am »
That is actually the reason why I want to be a game designer: because of my experience with this game! I mean, how cool would it be to design a Matrix Online: Rebooted?! Hahaha. That would be the SHIT.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 12:57:35 pm »
As long as you don't call it Rebooted... ;)

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 01:11:07 pm »
ick I hate game designing... the concept is nice and fun but the work is tedious and stressful ... just not for me I guess.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 02:14:26 pm »
Be careful Ana... try not to get shot in a drive by or choke to death on the smog :)

P.S.... keep an eye out for the earthquakes, too

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 02:52:03 pm »
Quote from: "Lits"
Be careful Ana... try not to get shot in a drive by or choke to death on the smog :)

P.S.... keep an eye out for the earthquakes, too

But, you know, try and have a good vacation anyway... sheesh... :D

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 11:55:27 pm »
An update:

Camp is a lot of fun. The game design program that we're using is a lot like the Unreal Editor, which I'm pretty used to. However, it's more limited graphically and there's a bit more scripting involved. There also isn't a 3-D view (we only have a sky view) like there is in UeD, which means that we actually have to load the entire map up to test to see if everything is the right altitude. I would have expected it to be harder.

The people here are a lot of fun, too. I've never really hung out (IRL) with other kids my age who really like video games, so it's been an entirely different experience for me. I no longer feel like a noob. haha. I'm also not the most computer savvy person anymore, which makes me feel way better.

Some of the rules are kind of weird, though. We're not allowed to use any of the social networking sites (AKA no facebook, which sucks ass, but I sneak on on occasion). They have some fun games installed on the computer (UT2k4, Command and Conquer 3, BF: Vietnam) which we play LAN games on, but the manager of the camp doesn't want us downloading other games off of the internet. However, one of the counsellors doesn't care what games that we play. So, once I get assigned to my final computer, I'll download the MXO trial off of Fileplanet (they still have the executable) and patch up and login. However, I won't be able to get onto TS, and I'll only be on for shorter amounts of time than I would like to be (aka, when manager Adam isn't in the lab).

Again, I will be on the forums a lot, so if you need me, feel free to just give me a buzz through a PM.

Byeeeee for now!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 131