Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: MxO Worlds  (Read 1200 times)

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« on: February 08, 2005, 01:37:30 am »
How will FA operate with multiple worlds open? Will we begin to extend into those worlds as well? or will algorithm be the main area of interest? Will we create new positions like generals?

##Hacked by Ket
##Moved to Beta
##NDA Violation

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 07:42:29 am »
You evil double poster :)

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 07:58:38 am »
You are the same Coredump  :D

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
MxO Worlds
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 08:05:49 am »
Very difficult of course.
With "so many" servers, it could be difficult to successfully navigate around an archive without having trouble from enemies (factions or NPCs).

On the other hand, if most of us are on one server, and suddenly it becomes full (well, that is one reason for having multiple servers, right?), then we have to go to another one.

How about Europeans, or others - perhaps they will have a server that will cater for their pings etc.

ARGHH!! What are we going to do! :S

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 08:28:01 am »
If noone had noticed, Parser has gone live, and so this is a very pressing issue. I do not think we should restrict people to servers, but we cannot merely exclude ourselves to one server. This is a dilema.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
MxO Worlds
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 08:48:12 am »
Quote from: "CoreDump"
I was thinking of the same thing.  Will we focus on one world ?

Spreading the faction across worlds would only make us weaker in each world.

From the duoble thread post.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 12:39:30 pm »
With the weakness of going in between servers, why not explore this:

Each of us can create another RSI in Parser (i.e.) but not have that character 'tagged' as FA, so as not to draw attention to a faction so to speak.  Conduct will still be important as you can make a bad name for yourself with or without a faction tag.  When we have enough presence in that v. of Mega City, then we can opt to create the Ships, Faction, perhaps a specific division of FA, endless possibilities...

This will need to be addressed by the Commander & Captains, preferrably in the Beta forum here & not privately.  If they think it's a feasable course of action, then we'll need to see who can really dedicate the time necessary, if anyone, to actually get the ball rolling on this.  If it does take off, I suspect that it won't really be necessary until launch, but if launch is in fact going to be late March then we might want to consider this sooner that later.  The said 'division' of FA on these other worlds can be covert sections of FA, not actually known as FA-related to the rest of MxO...sort of like when the SEAL's get in & get out without any publicity.

I think our most likely candidates would be the 24/7 gamers in our 'little' family here, & then those who top out in each world can then build in the other worlds as they go.  As long as we don't plan on anything between servers that overlaps schedules in our primary world, assumably Algorithym, then we might be able to take action in these other worlds without sacrificing our power and influence in our primary world.

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 12:46:26 pm »
I like Kairos' idea.

Keep a low profile on servers on which we have small numbers.

When our numbers are big enough we put the tags on.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
MxO Worlds
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 02:51:10 pm »
I dunno...I really hate dividing things. If we're a group that plans on gaming together, we should game together. We can't have fun as a whole group if we're all spread out. The big issue here is multi-guilding. Someone from FA could be in a different faction on other servers and we'd never know it. Usually the community as a whole decides what servers should be designated as what (Someone will start a thread and say "I think Algorithm should be for those who...blah blah".). I think it's a little farfetched to expect to create 5+ factions on each server and still operate as one unit.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
MxO Worlds
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 04:43:44 pm »
Then we should restrict FA gameplay to a certain server.
There are problems to look at tho'

A) Can the member get access to the server we use (is it full?) I presume there will be a limit.
B) Will the servers become something more (ie PARSER become the TOURNAMENT server, where FACTIONS rule, and if you aint in a faction, you die)...

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 07:59:49 am »
I wasn't saying we should actually divide the faction.  What I am saying is that some of us (not me) will hit 50 relatively fast.  At that point it's entirely possible that those members may wish to grind another character up in the other servers.  Odds are that some are planning on doing this anyway I just thought that it would be good to go address this now.

As far as servers being designated by the community for different types of play, where would we land on that topic?  An RP server perhaps, as we are considered an heavily RP-based faction?

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 10:13:56 am »
Just to clarify, I don't mean to actually divide us into server specific groups.  I think the factions primary objective should be a single server.  I just think that some are going to play other servers as well, especially when they feel there is no more they can do with the RSI they have already.  When I said 'division' what I probably should have said was 'department'.  Like the Dept. of Parser Pwnage... :D

(Sorry to double post, but I didn't want to risk editing the above post & people not notice the additional information.)

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 02:39:32 pm »
The solution is quite simple, really. We create branches of the Furious Angels on the other forums. Where those branches are factions, but we are the parent entity. All who are currently in the Furious Angels remain here, new recruits from the Parser server will end up creating their own faction there, that is affiliated with us. Think of like Branches of the Military, where the US Government is the parent "company"

Anonymous

MxO Worlds
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2005, 02:58:21 pm »
THAT I didn't think of, but I like the idea.  We might need to get a few FA in there to get it started but then once the ball is rolling, it might just work...

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 319