Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: The History of the Furious Angels of Iego  (Read 5058 times)

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 11:02:46 am »
Bloodline... but thing is... are they(and us) descendent of the ancient "Furies"? the ones that stablished the base at Iego? in that case, how did the bloodline spread all across the galaxy? when we came back to coruscant, we started going for them and all women?

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:14:50 am »
Quote from: "Dration"
FA has had plenty of time away from the Jedi Council after they left (the first time), so perhaps there was a form of training that gradually developed, some teaching or viewpoint that explained it.  Rather weak to me... the people coming back to Iego wouldn't have had that teaching, so it must be something that's part of them.

I've deliberately left that vague.  Any FA teachings or viewpoints will have to be developed.

Also, I think it would be likely for there to be a period of 4-6 months where a newly Ascended undergoes training and education.  They're exposed to the lore of the Angels, what their connection to the Force does, and trained in how to use it.  I would go so far as to say that the FA force connection makes acceptance of these teachings natural.  There could be a force-related reason for this, or it could just be common sense.  ("I can't accidentally fall to the Dark side?  Well, I guess it's ok for me to learn how to channel my emotions in combat, then...")

But they are in fact coming back to Iego, amIright? So we had to be from there at some point in time?

My understanding is that pretty much all of the Furious Angels, at least in "modern times," were born/raised off of Iego, and found the Signal later in life.

Perhaps someone in our history was one of those Furious Angels that mixed back in. Maybe it's something in the bloodline? Perhaps they mixed with the Diathem somehow, and that supplied the sharp defining line that allows a Furious Angel to see where his actions fall on the great Yin-Yang of the universe. Maybe it's something more invasive than that, and it has something to do with Iego itself.

Hmmm.  If it was introduced via bloodline, that would suggest that someone REALLY got around at some point within FA. ;)  I like the idea of mingling with the Diathim, and originally I had figured something like that would happen, but what you mentioned down below might actually change all that.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that before they found Iego and became the Furious Angels, the Furies were banished from the Jedi order for some sort of heretical experimentation with the dark side.  If this moral compass wasn't that experiment...what was?  is it something we're proud of?  Something that shames us?  An erased part of our history, even?

Don't beings age differently on Iego? Like... not at all? Or is that merely the Angels themselves? Everything I've read seems to be rather unclear on that front. I'll let speculation wander on that one for a bit, as I'm sure one of us has the answer somewhere.

I wanted to avoid the "5,000 year old leadership" thing, we're a little close to the origin story of the Sith as it is:  banished from the Jedi, wandered a bit, found a new planet with an alien civilization in place.  The difference is that instead of subjugating it and founding an Empire, the Furies made nice with the Diathim, and prepared to rejoin the Republic, instead of holding a grudge.

However, it's completely possible the Diathim themselves are functionally immortal.  

Perhaps there's an alchemical reason for it? The Sith screw around with that sort of thing all the time, perhaps a little modification of perception found it's way into the kool-aid. I know a few mad scientists, they're all about that sort of thing.

I think Subb made a good point, people would think we're just Grey Wardens IN SPAAAAACE!  I like the alchemy idea though, Maybe that could have something to do with the original experimentation.  Hell, maybe the Furies used alchemy to "seed" the galaxy that would result in people being born with this particular connection to the Force, that that's what got them banished...

Pardon, I'm a little everywhere at the moment. I figured I'd vent ideas and see if they sparked anything.

Always appreciated :)

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 11:22:11 am »
Quote from: "Arawn"
Bloodline... but thing is... are they(and us) descendent of the ancient "Furies"? the ones that stablished the base at Iego? in that case, how did the bloodline spread all across the galaxy? when we came back to coruscant, we started going for them and all women?

Hey, have you SEEN Coruscant women?  Can you blame us?

More seriously, once the Angels re-integrated back into the Republic and the Order, I think our reproduction rate would have dropped off sharply.  Given that our numbers were never astronomical AND that only the non-Jedi would have been able to reproduce without someone breathing down their neck.... I'm not sure we would have been able to really propagate a bloodline to keep the group in recruits without a conscious, directed breeding program.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 03:36:57 pm »
Well i kinda like the idea that since the force is in everything... when you die you return to the force... and its kinda like of a vicious circle of life? Some how we can make it that those that can get to the signal, and make it to Iego, is because they are reborned of the ancient Furies?

Not that i dislike the idea of having lots of sex and breeding all across the galaxy... its just something that ocurred to me...

But then again... the problems.... if people just reborn over and over... wouldnt that make it that theres a limit of Angels? like if there were, say, 50-100 Furies who made it to Iego... then only those who reborn, those who were Angels in a previous life (althou they obviously dont remember/know about it), descendent of those first Angels, can make it back to Iego?

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 03:41:55 pm »
Dration wrote:
But they are in fact coming back to Iego, amIright? So we had to be from there at some point in time?

Keeloth wrote:
My understanding is that pretty much all of the Furious Angels, at least in "modern times," were born/raised off of Iego, and found the Signal later in life.

How can this be posible? Modern angels cant have been born/raised in Iego as they find the signal and find Iego for the first time (thats when they join FA).

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
The History of the Furious Angels of Iego
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »
If they were born/raised on Iego, a simple memory barrier put in place could be part of a tradition. Exposed to the truth at such a young and hard to "recall" age and then seal it all away for a certain time period. Once the barrier breaks, the real test is to see if the Angel can make it home and take up their destiny.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 06:42:57 pm »

Not that I dislike the idea of having lots of sex and breeding all across the galaxy... its just something that ocurred to me...

This made me laugh :)

But yeah, the reincarnation thing is a neat concept, but I don't think it would mesh well with actual recruiting.  

Dration wrote:

Keeloth wrote:

How can this be posible? Modern angels can't have been born/raised in Iego as they find the signal and find Iego for the first time (that's when they join FA).

Right, I should have said "born and raised off of Iego" instead of born/raised.  Sorry for not being clear.

Quote from: "TheSorrows"
If they were born/raised on Iego, a simple memory barrier put in place could be part of a tradition. Exposed to the truth at such a young and hard to "recall" age and then seal it all away for a certain time period. Once the barrier breaks, the real test is to see if the Angel can make it home and take up their destiny.

I could see this being done for any and all non-Diathim potential Ascended born on Iego.  Makes sure they don't lead a cloistered life and are able to handle themselves in the larger galaxy.  They may even be delievered to the care of active Angels out there to make sure they get some good training while they grow up.

Offline Ghisteslwchlohm

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 06:52:13 pm »
I don't think being born on Iego is such a good idea. What about odd races? How would we transplant people?

I think the best way is to say that within our connection to the force is an inherent calling to 'something greater' which leads us to find the signal, or the signal to find us or something like that.

A bloodline is too hard to justify, when someone is a pure-blood Twi-lek or something you can't say they're part Diathem, or any other angel. I think we need to stick with the connection to the force, because it can be vague enough to allow for any character backstory.

Offline Dration

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 09:01:02 pm »
Perhaps everyone is taking the bloodline thing too literally? Maybe you can't interact with the Diathem like that, and rather, it was the mingling with them in a different sense that changed people. The Furies came, mingled for a while, and then were re-inserted into the mainstream again. Think of it like a virus rather than a genetic X+Y progression. Or even a mutation.
"Judge me if you want, we're all going to die... I intend to deserve it."

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 11:55:31 pm »
Quote from: "TheSorrows"

Really interesting... Think of it as the Spartans Tradition?? 300(Movie/Comics) Anyone??

Ghisteslwchlohm wrote:
I don't think being born on Iego is such a good idea. What about odd races? How would we transplant people?

The Furies (the first ones to make it to Iego) could have been of different races.

Ghisteslwchlohm wrote:
I think the best way is to say that within our connection to the force is an inherent calling to 'something greater' which leads us to find the signal, or the signal to find us or something like that.

Destiny once again...

Go back to my post about the circle of life... Furies Descendant... The first ones dies, became one with the force, and reborn into babies.

Offline Ghisteslwchlohm

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 02:35:18 am »
Destiny is fine, but it does not mean reincarnation. I really dislike the idea of reincarnation, which would also lead to angels 're-ascending' or 'unascending.' which is a weird place I don't think we wanna go.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 02:57:37 am »
Hmm... Din't think of that G... Lets put that in the trash then... I don't like it anymore :P

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 04:05:46 pm »
I'm trying to drive this home since we're about a month away. Keeloth has a pretty detailed back story up to a point that I'm going to post. Subb has a lot of background stuff derived from our initial conversations. I'll try to pull that out as well. I'm going to try to fill in some of the blanks, but any help would be appreciated!

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:24 pm »
Sounds great!  I've been lax about working on the history due to...well, everything.  But I'm trying to work my way through the Great Sith War.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 130