Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: In-game RP recruiting 1.0  (Read 2200 times)

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
In-game RP recruiting 1.0
« on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:31 am »
This is just me thinking aloud so to speak.  ;)

I feel we have two main weaknesses right now.  One is our lack of character skill / PVP effectiveness and the other is our numbers.  The focus of this thread is my proposed solution for the latter.  We did this in MxO and it was HIGHLY effective and really fun.  This should only be looked at as a partial effort and part of a multipronged recruitment effort.

I propose we take some RP volunteers in-game for some FA recruiting.  It would go something like this:

A small band of Angels gear up and venture out very sneaky like.  We find a lone straggler here and there.  We rush on them uniform and consistent.  Same armor, same weapons, forming a line or surrounding the person.  It would start out by one of the the angels /msg'ing the person saying something like, "We have a message for you.  Accept our party invite."  Once the straggler is in party the conversation can begin.  It will be the usual cryptic Morpheus to Neo: "We've been watching you.  We see potential in you and have been instructed to show you the path of the angel however you must walk it alone" sort of thing.  We can discuss how the dialog will flow and how in depth it should be but it would result in peeking their interest, perhaps a riddle or test or two, then directing them to the challenge in a very RP non salesman fashion.

More details should be fleshed out but I wanted to run this past you, see what the top brass think of it and go from there.

/discuss
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

Re: In-game RP recruiting 1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:01:25 pm »
Good idea, we need to get more respected and known ingame!

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:59 pm »
Sounds good. I volunteer to be one of the recruiters, just as soon as I get the game...

Offline Runjun

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 10:21:53 pm »
Nice idea.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 09:40:19 am »
I also think this is a cool idea.  The most receptive players would be those who are unaffiliated and were just attacked or ganked so we need to keep an eye out for these people as potentials and maybe even send them a tell or a party invite when we are nowhere around. ;)

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:56:13 am »
Bump.  Would like input from leadership on this.

Things to discuss:

Uniform
Suggested dialog

Offline Zortarg

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.benfee.de
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:50:41 am »
uniform suggestion for angels:
simple or better fine robes and a assassin hood.

if weapons and shields maybe even the same shield. and maybe  a special weapon of the same type.
Two planets are meeting in space. Asks the first:"Do you have human as well?" Answers the second:"Yes, but that passes by."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 11:53:00 am »
Yeah, I think robes and hoods are the way to go in terms of uniforms.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:02:23 pm »
Crafters, possible to make white robes?  That assasins mask/hood thing looks flippin sweet.

Offline Zortarg

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.benfee.de
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 12:06:24 pm »
simple robe: the normal brown as eveybody knows.
fine robes: still brown but a bit more noble and some gold it it too i think (from the style like the assassin hood.
extravagant robes: purple ugly shit.. .dont like it at all.

i dont know any others so far.
Two planets are meeting in space. Asks the first:"Do you have human as well?" Answers the second:"Yes, but that passes by."

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 01:23:28 pm »
Secluded goblin spawns would be a great place for this...

fantastic idea - great way to differentiate ourselves

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 02:33:46 pm »
Those are the only robes available.

We don't even need a weapon for uniform... it'll look less harmful and more welcoming in my opinion.

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 03:31:02 pm »
may i suggest that we have a different uniform according to the kind of character we run? for example archers have different uniforms than tankers and mages... just a suggestion... i know tihs thing is still in the works... i just mentioned this because if we were to engage in combat... then we would already be in the appropriate armor suited for what we do.  but i understand that if were just going to have one single uniform though.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 04:20:55 pm »
Also anyone in the recruit squad would have to be mirdain for uniformity.  This is just my opinion but I think it's a good idea.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 05:47:11 pm »
Quote from: "KnightOfZero"
may I suggest that we have a different uniform according to the kind of character we run? for example archers have different uniforms than tankers and mages... just a suggestion... I know tihs thing is still in the works... I just mentioned this because if we were to engage in combat... then we would already be in the appropriate armor suited for what we do.  but I understand that if were just going to have one single uniform though.

I don't think this is necessary.  In MxO, we had our uniform/combat clothes set to a hot bar.  Granted, this is full loot, but I don't think the cost of the FA uniform in game is going to be such that losing a few in the case that you die is going to hurt us and once we get a good base stock of them, they are easily replaced.  Have a bag in your inventory with your combat gear which is set to a hot bar and viola!

Quote from: "likwidtek"
Also anyone in the recruit squad would have to be mirdain for uniformity. This is just my opinion but I think it's a good idea.

We should not exclude anyone from recruiting in this manner based on race.  I hope I don't need to say anymore on that issue.

And while we are on the subject of our in-game RP we need to address our behavior in-game.  I have to say that there isn't much about our behavior in-game that sets us apart.  I see our members running around acting like the rest of the 15 year olds in guilds we claim to be set apart from....whacking on eachother (not sparring), jumping around, standing on eachothers heads, humping eachothers mounts and over all just behaving very immaturely, silly and very unlike what we claim to be: Furious Angels. An elite....blah, blah, blah...ok so lets act like it not just talk about it.  I'm not suggesting we stop joking around and having fun on TS. Nor am I proposing we go hardcore RP, but we need to be conscious of how we are perceived in-game.  Our actions, more than our flash movies and rhetoric, will define us.

We're Angels, not saints.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online