Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Batman: The Dark Knight Rises [Batman 3]  (Read 9703 times)

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Batman: The Dark Knight Rises [Batman 3]
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 09:38:06 am »
The only way I could see them doing clayface is someone who is amazing with prosthetics and disguises ala Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 10:08:12 am »
Quote from: "Broin"
Personally I've always wanted to see them do the Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns graphic novel....

And of course the Kingdom Come Graphic novel into a movie would be good as well.

The Killing Joke and A Death In The Family please.
Quote from: "Heironymus"
Well, I'm not going to lie.. my bet was on Catwoman and the Riddler....... I figured they would bring catwoman in as a love interest now that what's her face is gone... Batman needs his heart healed and a reason to keep fighting the good fight..
Since the 1990s, Catwoman has been featured in an eponymous series that cast her as an antihero rather than a supervillain. The character has been one of Batman's most enduring love interests.
-Wikipedia.org

Talia al Ghul would have been a much better love interest/villian/antohero.  Ends up being Bruce's wife (for a little while), and the mother of Damian.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2011, 10:26:06 am »
Now that filming has started a couple weeks ago all across the world, I thought I'd update this thread because I cannot wait for this movie. Today, they opened up:
http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

currently it is blank with a weird chant going on. I never got into it until after The Dark Knight was released, but they had an amazing viral campaign out there surrounding the movie and Joker the last time.

Today they also revealed the first image of Tom Hardy as Bane!

Lastly on http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/image.html it seems they are using tweets related to the movie to create that image, interesting.

I AM STOKED. On a slightly related note, last month Kiefer Sutherland and 24's producer announced the 24 movie will also release next summer! If 2012 marks the end of the world, at least we go out happy.

Offline Gami

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2011, 05:11:28 pm »
Hmm.... not exactly faithful to the comics. Glad to see the lack of Venom usage though.
Should be interesting me thinks.
"Remember its all just a mirror we made to see ourselves in."

Offline Gami

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »
Quote from: "Tecknik"
The Killing Joke and A Death In The Family please.

Talia al Ghul would have been a much better love interest/villian/antohero. Ends up being Bruce's wife (for a little while), and the mother of Damian.

Killing Joke maybe, DITF no, to much crazy stuff in that book that was completely nonsensical.

As for Talia her being Bruce' wife has been retconned out and the whole Damian bit according to Bruce is that she raped him to conceive him. Talia is a fundamentalist. She has her way and may mean well but she will kill whoever she has to to accomplish what she wants.

Read Heart of Hush (as well as the rest of Paul Dini's run on Detective Comics, major Animated Series nostalgia in those) though and you will be sold on Bat/Cat shipping.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2011, 11:06:34 am »
Quote from: "Adad"
Rachel is dead.

You're like all those people asking if Harvey Dent is really dead that try so hard to guess a surprise comeback they just need Christopher Nolan to tell you face to face, they are dead and will not be back.

Your second paragraph is correct.

which is something Im annoyed with more or less. I realize its a more realistic approach to Batman, but Batman rarely (only the joker) killed off villians. Hence a zoo full of supervillians called Arkham Asylum.

My best friend and major comic book nerd is pretty ok with the new movies under the premise of plausible deniability that the villians could survive in some way. Ra's Al Ghul is "immortal" thanks to the Lazarus pit, and convinced me that Harvey Dent died the way most characters in comic books die; in a way that means they will or can be back later.

I personally always liked Selena Kyle, she was always something of a soft spot for Batman. A love interest and villian, she tugged at the strings of Batman's heart as to what was the most important to him.

I never did like what they did with Bane the first time around, so im hoping they do him justice this time.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2011, 01:53:58 pm »
Quote from: "Gami"
Hmm.... not exactly faithful to the comics.

If he was faithful to the comics, we would have had another Joker and two-face whose deformities were derived from acid. Thank God he's not totally faithful to the comics or I wouldn't like his movies nearly as much! lol

If you want it to better follow the comics, go watch the Burton and Schumacher movies. There's a reason Nolan got a chance to remake them. Not that the Burton ones were bad, just more...comic-y...same reason Superman and Siperman are being remade now too!

I look forward to seeing what Nolan does for a finale

Offline Gami

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2011, 03:30:57 pm »
Quote from: "Adad"
Hmm.... not exactly faithful to the comics.

If he was faithful to the comics, we would have had another Joker and two-face whose deformities were derived from acid. Thank God he's not totally faithful to the comics or I wouldn't like his movies nearly as much! lol

If you want it to better follow the comics, go watch the Burton and Schumacher movies. There's a reason Nolan got a chance to remake them. Not that the Burton ones were bad, just more...comic-y...same reason Superman and Siperman are being remade now too!

I look forward to seeing what Nolan does for a finale

First no need for hostility was just making an observation on the look and if you notice I said that it should still remain to be interesting at the end of that post you decided to cut off.

That said your comparison doesn't work. Both Two-face and Joker still held true to their normal depictions as well as Scarecrow and Ra's despite their changes in origin. Bane on the other hand has had his Luchador mask replaced by a very weird looking full head contraption that doesn't look to serve any purpose since it's not attached to anything that remotely looks like it's dosing him with any kind of drug. The teeth bit in the front also bothers me.

Granted casting an English actor for a Latin character was of course going to require some changes and the Luchador mask wasn't going to work as the mask itself has some special meaning to the character that doesn't work without the former wrestling history. That said I had at least hoped Nolan would use that opening to instead play up the intelligence of Bane, we may still get that but that mask he is wearing makes no sense without context and I am not willing to clap my hands and cheer for Nolan's choice in replacing a meaningful object with something that just looks cool without knowing why.

I have faith in Nolan to put out an amazing movie but that doesn't mean he gets a slide from critiquing (granted again without context it's mostly just speculation) him along the way. As always though I will save my own final feelings towards the film after I have seen it in theaters come next year.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2011, 03:45:53 pm »
[ (granted again without context it's mostly just speculation) him along the way. As always though I will save my own final feelings towards the film after I have seen it in theaters come next year.

Well said, and that's all we can do.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 07:01:31 am »

The teeth bit in the front also bothers me...

Granted casting an English actor for a Latin character...

It's an upside-down skeletal hand, I believe, on the front of the mask. Plus, it would not surprise me if Hardy perfects a Latin esque accent; youtube him in interviews and his voice is completely different to every single film he's been in.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 239