Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: It is Time...  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
It is Time...
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:14:56 pm »
So I was sitting and thinking the other day.  What was it about us in MXO compared to us outside of MXO.  In MXO we were a power house.  We came in with a large group of committed individuals whose entire goal was focused like a laser beam on specific tasks within the game.

As individuals we all strived for our own perspective best in the roles that we took up in the game... Hacker, Spy, Master Knife Thrower, Sniper, Healer, Martial Artist, Gunman, on and on, etc.,  But each individual was still selfless in their dedication to the group as a whole.  

We had a clear and concise representation of who we were, what we were about, what we did, and how we handled ourselves during all of it.  We all knew it, we strove to perfect it and keep it rolling.... And we did.  

We rolled over anyone who opposed us, despite the odds, despite the trails, despite all the troubles, in the end we were MXO....

I know we all want that back again.  That feeling of a united front, a singular group of unique individuals, able to adapt, able to overcome, able to do what others thought was not even remotely possible.

How though.... We all been asking ourselves that question.  How?  

For me the answer was very easy.  We start where we began.

We have to have a unique and compelling story about who we are, all wrapped around our one of a kind recruitment.  And we have to start it now.  We can't wait.

See the thing about MXO.  The reason why we were so dominate, is because we were able to draw so many people in to our group to begin with.  We had hundreds of people flow in and out of our ranks over the years.  But, before MXO started we had a huge group of people gathering together, hanging out, gaming together, whenever time allowed and in whatever game we could find.

Sure people came and went before the game... Hell some went even after the game, but in the end due to our recruitment we were able to gather a large core group of dedicated individuals that propelled us forward.  WE MUST HAVE THAT AGAIN.  We MUST dedicate ourselves to recruitment.  We MUST dedicate ourselves to hanging out together.  We MUST dedicate ourselves to gaming together.  We MUST dedicate ourselves to our new goals in a new game.  

We need to start recruitment for SWTOR very soon.  We need to build.  Build just like we did in the beginning.  That means lots of new faces.  New faces that need, that MUST,  see the old guard still standing around keeping an eye on things.

We old hard core guys have been officially furious since 2004.  We've grown 6 years older together.  I've seen many of you guys go through high school and college.  Hell, I'm at a place where 6 years ago I didn't think I'd be.  Times change, we change, and we find that we have less time for the things we loved back in those early days, but still WHEN we have the time then we need to be there.

Just as we were a symbol of greatness and good within MXO, and remembered as the top guild.  The one with the best coordinated group of fighters, the most dedicated and top notch individuals at each of their classes, the most unique group of individuals able to produce movies and images that were and are ICONIC within MXO.  SO can we be in SWTOR, or whatever game we choose.

I promise you…  All that we must do is choose, to do it.... I know what I choose.  What is your choice?

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: It is Time...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:11:09 pm »
Did you copy this from my Zion Mixer speech? Haha! It belongs in one of our movies!

Yes, I agree with all of this. I've been trying to implement a few ways to keep us all connected despite possibly playing different games at the moment. My most recent experiment is Steam. If you'll notice, we have a new Steam block (thanks Lith!) that shows all of our members who are online in Steam and in our FA group. This, incorporated with TS3, should keep us still grouped up regardless of what we happen to be doing.

So I really want everyone who can to download Steam (www.steampowered.com). Invite us to be your friends and I'll invite you to our FA group. A trick is that you can even add non-steam games to Steam. Anytime I'm playing a game, even if it is single player, I load it on Steam. That a way I still get a notification if Broin starts playing TF2 or whatever.

Speaking of, Arch and Setun are good examples. A lot of time they are playing other games, but they'll get on TS anyway and even if they don't, I see what they are playing on Steam. A lot of times they'll hop in when we're playing TF2, and I even downloaded a demo of AvP because I saw them playing and wanted to check it out with them.

Also, I really hope that a lot of you are gonna be pumped up for SWTOR recruiting. APB was more than a little lackluster. I appreciate those of you that did help building the site, etc. While I can understand it isn't the game a lot of you are waiting in anticipation for, it's always good to be building up the community. Hopefully with SWTOR, we'll have a clear set of goals that everyone can be excited for!

And, as always, keep an eye out for cool games we could be checking out in the meantime. You guys do a pretty good job of that (i.e. Legos, Warhammer, EVE, ME2 by just looking at the most recent threads)!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:41:22 am »
I'm still... still... getting over the loss of MxO.  Pitiful, I know.  But honestly, I hate that it's not around anymore.  It wasn't the perfect game by any means, but it was our game.

All in all, Broin, you're absolutely right.  Since MxO's death, I've perceived a disconnect among our group.  We're no longer united under one game, but rather sectioning ourselves into smaller groups under many games.  This needs to change.

I've always felt that becoming a multi-game faction (I still refuse to say guild) was a bad idea.  I felt it would lead the group into an overall disconnect.  And it turns out that my worries were not completely unfounded.  I don't think what has happened over the last few months is bad in any way, and it's not a fault of any one of us.  I see it as a natural stage in the evolution of our group.  The Furious Angels came together to represent The Matrix, and now that that is gone we're not quite sure what to do.

I've settled into a "wait and see" mode with upcoming MMO's because I don't want to buy into the hype only to be disappointed.  After some consideration, I'm ready to take a risk.  If we put in the effort to build up an image in SWTOR, even if it fails, the effort will have united us again under a common goal.  That's what I enjoyed about our time in MxO.  The fact that we had something to work towards and maintain.  I want that feeling back so damn badly.

I'll dial down my time in EVE and put more time towards SWTOR recruitment.  I'm excited for LEGO Universe, and I'm going to try the newly revived Myst Online since I didn't get much of a chance to try it when it launched.  But SWTOR needs to be our primary focus as a group.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:21:00 pm »
I agree. I'm still writing more and more for the FA backstory, but I want to wait for more SW:TOR lore to come out before I finalize it all for you guys to judge further. My promise to you is to become more involved in these upcoming months and to finally purchase a god-damned mic for TS.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »
Dude, it's like 25$ at most for a damn good logitech headset with a mic. i STILL have this baby. If i remember correctly Tbone has the same model that i do.

If he does, i'm sure he can attest to it being a good headset.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
It is Time...
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 07:06:10 pm »
I have the same logitech head set and mic.... It's a good buy.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
It is Time...
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 12:03:07 am »
I was so scared when I read the title this was a goodbye thread....
whew!

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
It is Time...
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 12:28:20 am »
Broin will never leave....

Or I will reveal all the information I have on him! Gwahaha!

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
It is Time...
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 08:33:05 am »
Trust me you don't want your SSN and DOB, bank account info, ect. ect. ect. roaming out in the lands of the internet.  Whatever you think you have, trust me I have more.... MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
It is Time...
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 11:31:23 am »
Quote from: "Broin"
Trust me you don't want your SSN and DOB, bank account info, ect. ect. ect. roaming out in the lands of the internet.  Whatever you think you have, trust me I have more.... MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You can never take... OUR FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
It is Time...
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 12:25:52 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Quote from: "Broin"

You can never take... OUR FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! *Raises Kilt*

Fixed ;)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
It is Time...
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 12:27:02 pm »
I have a hunch that he actually can, and would, take our freedom... don't tempt him

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
It is Time...
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 12:37:34 am »
Seriously... don't mess with Broin. Our accounts will be frozen and all our documents will say we died like three years ago. Then we might be arrested for falsifying reports by actuall still living. That's the kind of shit Broin would pull. Genius

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27