New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Troy  (Read 5734 times)

Anonymous

Troy
« on: May 17, 2004, 05:31:33 pm »
Okay, as the title suggests, this is on the movie Troy.

Now this was a really great movie and i would definitely see it again.

There was only one significant problem i had with it:

The trojan war lasted ten years. According to this film, it lasted 16 days.

Other problems i had were that Achilles died when a poison arrow hit him in the ankle (only one) and Aeneas was a soldier and was told by one of the gods to leave Troy and start a new life elsewhere. They also left out a lot of the actual mythology stuff, like Achilles being dipped in the river styx except for his ankle. I know this stuff was in all probability not true, but they still should have included it, even if it was just people talking about the myths and understanding that they weren't true. Okay i ahve more to say but i have to go so maybe ill post more later.

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 05:34:20 pm »
Who cares??  Helen is HOT!!!   :twisted:   lol

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 05:59:34 pm »
i thought the trojan war lasted 12 years. I agree with you that it was inaccurate but Helen was HOT!

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 08:30:35 pm »
I agree. Helen was very pretty. I would assume 'the face that launched a thousand ships' to be as such.

But actually, I do think Brad Pitt takes the cake as far as ridiculously attractiveness. I mean, that was just obscene.

In a good way of course...;)

But getting back to what Soma mentioned, the producers of the movie specifically did not want to include any of the mythology represented in the original tale (most of which I believe was divined from Homer's The Illiad). This basically includes everything from the River Styx, to the story of Eris, to the poison arrow, et al. But I agree with you, I would've like to see some of the mythology in the movie, because I do think it was an extremely interesting and important aspect of the story.

And as far as the story 'being real', historians today aren't even completely sure where the actual war took place. Most assume it was in modern-day Turkey, near Istanbul. Nor is anyone entirely certain that there even was a 'Helen'. So a lot of what we actually consider to be fact is from Homer's poem, which for all we know, could be a complete fabrication.

But aside from all that, it was a good movie. The battle scenes and the Hector vs. Achilles scene were rad.

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 08:35:35 pm »
Your right, there is no hard evidence that Troy even existed.  Plus thei were 2 priestesses, Persaus and Casandra, who was raped during the raiding of Troy (which was prolly why she wasn't in the movie).  Also Agammemnon and Menelas did not die in the Trojan war.  Agammemnon was killed by his wife and her lover when he returned back home and i forget when Menelas died but it wasn't Hector that killed him.....
I'm diverging from my point, too much Pitt butt and not enough HELEN!!! hehehe

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 08:37:25 pm »
I thought the movie had some decent fight scenes. There was just a too much filler. They could have removed about 1/3 of the stuff and still been a great movie. Also, there was just a little too much man ass. Im sure the ladies liked the whole brad pit thing, but its not something i go to the movie to see :)

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 08:38:04 pm »
Stop lying Noise, you know you liked it :)

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 08:55:42 pm »
Brad Pitt Ass = two thumbs up.

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 09:13:25 pm »
Indeed...Any man who can make a leather miniskirt look remotely masculine is someone to be praised.

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 09:35:53 pm »
Quote from: "Insomniac"
Stop lying Noise, you know you liked it :)

grrrrr.... (btw that was a mean grr, not a sexual one :P )

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 09:36:24 pm »
That's why I picked him for my picture.

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2004, 11:34:35 pm »
Way to go guys, you ruined the movie for me.  Try putting SPOILERS AHEAD in big red letter in the title.  I haven't read the story of Achilles or Troy or Homer's Oddysey or anything like that, so I don't already know the story.  I haven't seen the movie yet, and now it's ruined, thank you very much, I hope you're all happy. :(

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 11:39:18 pm »
I'm a guy, and I too have to give Brad two thumbs up on the ass. I also have to give him three thumbs up for getting the double team from those two ladies. DAMN!!!!!!! And Helen was foxy. And Bloom was a little bitch and when he tried to kiss Helen he missed her face. lol

And in response to Troy not existing, there is historical evidence that Troy existed. They found the ruins of the city. But it was something like, they don't know which Troy was the one in the war because they discovered layers of cities or something and there are actually like 10 different cities built and wrecked on the same spot.

I also really liked the clothes they all were wearing, and, in Helen's case, not wearing.

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 11:39:51 pm »
Quote from: "Headnoise"
I thought the movie had some decent fight scenes. There was just a too much filler. They could have removed about 1/3 of the stuff and still been a great movie. Also, there was just a little too much man ass. Im sure the ladies liked the whole brad pit thing, but its not something i go to the movie to see :)

Everybody goes to the movie to see Brad Pitt's ass.

Anonymous

Troy
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2004, 04:27:28 am »
I have to see troy, but I am holding the stocks until the ever present Alien versus Predator. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 259