Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: An Important Reminder Regarding Keeping Your Lid Shut  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
An Important Reminder Regarding Keeping Your Lid Shut
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:56:13 pm »
Sorry Fuse. I'm going to have to make an example of you. I don't know how we still run into this problem occasionally:

http://www.mxoforums.com/showthread.php?tid=48583

So what's wrong with this? Well, very simply, we weren't ready to start officially recruiting...at all. I'm still making edits to the website. We were going to do a very refined, small rollout that was planned as we completed content.

Even if we were ready to go live with recruitment, official posts get made from the top (a la, me). After we've gone live with recruitment in a community, then you can start advertising for your individual crew.

Our interaction with the public has always been something that's carefully planned - especially first impressions. When we started recruiting again, I wanted it to run smoothly. I thought it should go without saying that everything we are developing is confidential until the green light is given.

Now, I understand that some of you are excited to start recruiting for your crew, and I'm really glad to see that. Fuse, I know you said you had already told people to come and apply and I said that was ok, but I thought you had privately told individuals about it - not posted an official post on a public board - the MxO forums, nonetheless.

Finally, you also shouldn't have posted your app link in that post. It makes it look like that is our official application, which it is not. If you want to post it as a link to apply to your specific crew in the future, that's ok, but it needs to be made clear that it is not the FA app.

I rarely get this uppity about things, but this is one of those things that gets under my skin. I think everyone here wants us to go about things the right way and to be as well-polished and thought out as possible. I'll repost my intended steps for recruitment:

1. Get rest of the faction into crews
2. Finish "Registered" side of site.
3. Introduce registration to Facebook fanpage as a special chance for Facebook fans to join FA.
4. Finish APB site
5. Go live with recruitment with APB community
6. Build SWTOR site.
7. Go live with recruitment with SWTOR community.

So please please run recruitment things by me before doing it. Thanks.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 08:55:58 pm »
To much green dye in the hair...

Sorry was just reminded that I'm the bad cop...

Dude seriouly WTF?!?  How long have you been around and you still don't know how we operate.  Come on what do I have to do to get it through your head how things are supposed to run around here?  Do you really want me to think about what I have to do... I mean think about it Fuse SERIOUSLY...  I think I'm going to start introducing you as the new Woodgrain.  

Can we please get a Woodgrain sig made like we have the spammer sig/icon and have it placed on Fuse for the next week or two, so that he remembers how things are suppoused to be.  GOD DAMNIT BOY WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU BEEN SMOKIN!@!

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:00:38 pm »
I'm in bed on the phone so will make it short. I setup something on my serv for the personal people I mentioned it to before this was open, and I make it clear on there the official process was to come here as soon as I realized this forum was open for public members. When I get to a computer all will be right with the world. Sorry for the WG moment.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 322