Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: TS guidelines.  (Read 7315 times)

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
TS guidelines.
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2004, 03:20:28 am »
copy paste

Don't believe everything you think.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2004, 07:04:54 am »
Yeah I had that happen to me a couple times before. it can ge aggravating. However, I suggest as Lithium just has that after writing an important post c&p it before you send it just in case this sort of thing happens.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2004, 08:53:31 am »
Quote from: "Lithium"
I can't say I agree with many of you on this. Such as Ketamininja you never even make an effort you talk, if your not going to say anything then nobody is going to say anything to you...

Why do you think I made this thread? If you don't hear me saying anything, then I guess I'm correct about being ignored ;)

I quite often speak on TS, I just don't go on too much about unimportant things.
Two nights in a row I was in TS with at least 6 or 7 people (ok some may have been AFK), but people were talking all the time. I asked 3 times, both nights, for coordinates, and I got not one reply. It wasn't even a difficult question.

I'm trying to iron out any issues, in a friendly manner btw. A few people have said that they felt ignored, and after Eligoh's message I thought I'd just try to get things fixed by giving people a chance to discuss it here. Some say they feel ignored, and well I guess only they know their own feelings.

Others out there are always grouping, always working together, always talking. That's great! Just what we're all wanting I guess. Some people don't want to group, fine, great - you've made your point about that let the discussion continue with those that do want to! :D

I would just like to do something with the clan whenever possible. Anyone also feel free to hit me up and group.  Just as Mephisto said, I'm happy to wait whilst others get to the same level etc etc...  I love the team play!

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2004, 09:30:16 am »
Teamspeak will, on occasion, randomly shut down its send and/or recieve. So you can occasionally hear and not be heard, or vice versa. I doubt that that is what occured as it usually only happens after TS has been open for a while, but it is something to be aware of.

Closing and re-opening TS will usually remedy the issue.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2004, 10:24:19 am »
Good point there Gillette, everyone should note that.
I have had it happen once I believe.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2004, 10:52:04 am »
My gameplay is not smooth nor does it work very well with other people.  I am a bug reocorder and a newb helper.  If you want to group with me, Woo! Then let's watch as you get bored after two hours of me filling out constant bug reports and standing around Mara and Tabor Park helping people out.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2004, 12:18:50 pm »
Acidic, my gameplay doesn't work well with others and is not smooth either. I think this is why we should be grouping more - we want to group and be more of a team in the game (when it goes live), so we should be beta testing that for the devs. That's one of the reasons FA was invited, surely! The devs can't show blatant favouritism, having FA in to test teams in the game as such sounds like a good idea! I also suspect that our manners, attitude and help in the main forums has also contributed to that, and as you tell in that last post, you continue that into beta. Good job!

My time is a bit like yours. Here's my typical day so far in the matrix:

Jack in.
Look around.
Jump about.
Encounter noobs trying to kill a NPC.
Heal the noob so he can win. Then give advice about staying away from areas.
Start a mission.
Crash on mission level.
Fill out crash report.
Repeat.

heh
That process takes about 10 mins lol.
Nah, c'mon you can see why I would like to be involved in gameplay with FA. FA isn't mentioned in that list ;) I think what may help is a full ilst of what FA has to offer in MxO (ie what we offer to those who we recruit). If I missed that thread/info already, please point it out - i'd like to have a look. I just want the clan to stay as respected as it is just now... not that I'm doubting it won't...

I have a LOT of petitions, lots solved. I seem to be responsible, since arriving, for helping fix the chat box, various clipping issues indoors, black screens vs region server crashes, and I am now contributing a lot to rubberbanding. I know I can't take all credit for these items, but the messages I have been receiving from devs about this stuff and the fixes and announcements online seem to indicate I am at least doing my job! I am not naive and thinking I'm the only one... I'm sure you guys are submitting ccr's like crazy and getting similar responses about it all you've found!!

My whole premise here is to be constructive, and I encourage anyone to give constructive critisism, and argue a point out until it can no longer be debated. :D

Anyhoooo... as the thread starter, I'm obviously passionate about this topic .. heh. I think we need to resolve the issue, and lock up the answer.

-edit-
Rather than a new post to keep these other posts of mine from being lonely thought I'd just edit here.

Acidic, in response to below, I wasn't questioning your methods or anything.
The only thing I was really trying to suggest in similarity was the helping others and ccring.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2004, 01:13:15 pm »
My gameplay is nothing like that.  I havent done a mission in 3-4 beta testing periods except to show a few people how it's done.   If you want to hang out with me - by all means.  I dont invite people, because you will get bored after an Hour of me working.  I really havent played in a long time.  The only possible thing that anyone could do with me and they wont get bored after an hour is RP - but I never have time for that either.

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2004, 03:20:55 pm »
Yeah, I think it's also important that if someone gets their mic stuck on, dont just ignore them, TELL them about it so they can fix it.
P.S. Ket I've heard you a few times asking for coords and stuff, I would answer them, but I dont know any coords by heart or anything.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2004, 03:33:30 pm »
heh cereal, just open oyur map when you're outside. Your coordinates are shown at the top left. They apply to the entire map, and not just districts. ;)

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2004, 03:46:52 pm »
Speaking of bug tracking....

I think I've been able to send in..................two.  And I'm not so sure I did those 100% correct.

I have like 4 screenshots of wierd things, but have been trying to get this latest patch for a couple days.  

Anywho, other than  locations where you get "CARPET GOES HERE"  or  "WALL  LEFT" instead of textures....when is it a bug, and when is it just....beta stuff?  ( Lag, rubber-banding, etc.)  

What makes a good bug report?  What should we maybe be *trying* to find?  Or, is it more of a "If you spend more time, and just go rooting...report the wierdness you find" approach?  

Do things change during different stages of Beta?

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2004, 03:56:33 pm »
I actually think I may post a thread somewhere on the best way to submit bugs - I think their guide is sorta farfetched.  The CCR.zip things are important, all you need most of the time is the replaylog.txt

Anonymous

TS guidelines.
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2004, 09:18:43 pm »
Oh, I know how where the coords of the place you're at and stuff are, it's just most things I don't know the coords for.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
TS guidelines.
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2004, 11:35:14 pm »
Look folks the game is just starting, so let's all take a deep breath.  All of these problems being pointed out will eventually work themselves out (they always do).  I don't talk much on T.S. and haven't grouped much, until recently.  Just do your thing, ask questions if you need to, and you'll find people to run around with.  Don't be afraid to speak up and ask questions, or ask to group, or join, or whatever.  However, do not take it personal when you are turned down, chances are it's not about you.  Here's an example of how things should work in game on T.S.

Broin "Hey anybody want to go do XYZ."

Response "Busy right now"

Broin "okay when you feel like doing XYZ let me know"

I go off do my own thing then later if someone gets with me good if not fine.  I listen on T.S. and if someone is doing something or going somewhere I want to go or has information about something I need then I ask.  It is that simple.

Now go forth and share the love....   :D

Go ahead, make my day.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.