Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Pictures of you thread.  (Read 198225 times)

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of you thread.
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2006, 01:07:50 am »
I second that :P

Anonymous

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2006, 01:12:13 am »
Quote from: "Yotogi"
Anyone else feel that this thread should be moved to a "MySpace" account?

lmao

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2006, 01:27:05 pm »
This thread has stopped! We want more piccies!

Subbeh FTW!

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2006, 12:36:31 am »
I was attempting to give Broin the finger but I got confused which finger it was.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2006, 05:33:41 am »
Halloween's coming up... I can't decide between the schoolgirl or the vampire.

Or other suggestions? I'm open :)

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2006, 05:54:28 am »
A cross :D A vampire school girl :P

Anonymous

« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2006, 05:59:42 am »
*picks jaw up off the floor and collects himself*

...I think you should choose the vampire. Perhaps some stage makeup to make your skin a bit paler, with very light use of red around the eyes (VERY light), hair up in a bun, brilliantly red nails, and perhaps some insanely soft green-colored contacts to go with your hair.

I don't know. I just think the "preternatural" look would be quite breath-taking on you, Lits.

Anonymous

« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2006, 06:18:27 am »
It would appear your vampire get up got the attention of that young man {cough}.  Did you tell him where your eyes were?

IMO, more is more.  Skimpy outfits, nah.  Makeup, nah.  Keep it simple and like Subb said go for the Catholic-girl-got-bit routine, people love that stuff.  Think Darla.

Anonymous

« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2006, 06:37:35 am »
Well, realize of course, that the whole thing about a vampire is that they are dead. So the pale skin is a symptom of lack of blood moving through blood vessels (Which gives skin it's color, for the most part). The slight hue of red around the eyes is because if there were a concentration of blood, the eyes is where it would be since there are A LOT of blood vessels in that region. It would also have the secondary goal of drawing one's gaze to them (contrasting colors).

While, yes, the Catholic-School-Girl-Got-Bit thing would be a nice touch, it would seem unrealistic. I choose the soft green-colored contacts because of her hair color; I think her hair color would cause the soft green of the contacts to stand out more, giving her that oddly alluring and mysteriously dangerous attraction that vampires are said to have. It's not so much a matter of lore in that department, but more of a theatrical thing (Since she has a background in that sort of thing). I also imagine the necessary stage makeup (That's the good stuff, not things you buy from a cosmetic store), might be easier for her to get. So, I say if you're going to be a vampire, be one that makes guys stop and stare at you, maybe even make them bump into things or forget what they were talking about.

A good pair of fake fangs are also usually hard to come by, but again because of her theatrical background she might have easier access to that sort of thing.

As I said, I was more or less looking at it from a makeup artist/costume designer sort of approach. The only reason I bring all this up, is because I used to help a friend with her makeup work for theatrical performances and schooling (As she was studying to become a makeup artist for movies and the like). But, I digress, do whatever makes you happy, Lits. Just trying to lend a hand :)

Anonymous

« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2006, 09:07:57 am »
I disagree.  Vampire tales vary depending on which author you're reading and you can just as easily assume a vampire should look alive as they should look dead.  She's going to a party, so she needs something that will either entice and allure or shock.  Either the standard tragic-schoolgirl-got-bit (bit hit with the boys), or the seductive-doesn't-seem-to-be-anything-wrong-but-she's-wearing-fangs.  If I wanted to look good I'd do the first, if I wanted to win a prize I'd wear the second.

As for the eyes, her skin isn't pale enough (even with stage makeup) to pull off green eyes.  What she needs is more brightness, so I would suggest a high quality pair of color enhancing lenses, in brown.  I'd lay off the eye makeup because it looks OTT.  She has very good skin tone and lovely cheekbones so properly applied professional makeup would look better than stage gear, but again it depends on the target audience.  A lot of people will be seeing her up close not from afar.  As for clothing, accentuating the upper chest and lower leg is a good idea, I think she could easily get away with a nice kitten heel and a pencil skirt, matched with a dark midriff blouse.  It should all be kept very simple though, no frills and minimal lace.

Should you ever hit the big time Lits and need a stylist, I'd be happy to quit my day job :p

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2006, 12:49:13 pm »
Quote from: "KaydaNocturnum"

A good pair of fake fangs are also usually hard to come by, but again because of her theatrical background she might have easier access to that sort of thing.

If you have a spencers near you check them out.. they have a pair of "fangs" that are like 20 bucks. They don't fit over your teeth but they go on the outside of your incisors. They come with a temp glue so it will hold them there for a while.. They are pretty awesome and look pretty realistic...

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2006, 05:57:31 pm »
Whoa. O.O;

I like Subb's idea.  +1 for Vampiric School Girl.

Anonymous

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2006, 12:09:51 am »
Well, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I just wanted to give my $i2 is all.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2006, 12:51:58 am »
Wow... Destyn you will be first on my list for a stylist! Lol, it's funny how you're talking about color contacts, because although you can't see it in either of those pictures I do have very light green eyes. In the sun they are about the color of the falling code in Kayda's sig. Okay, sublte schoolgirl/vampire cross it is! And I'm Ricean in vampire beliefs (I'm totally obsessed with Anne Rice's vampires). According to her, how often and recently you've hunted determine's skin color. So a fully gorged vampire straight from the kill would have just a slight unearthly sheen to their skin. So as long as I'm sucking on necks all night long I won't have to go full out on pale makedup (did I just say that outloud?).  Lol, just kidding. Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll post up a pic of the finished project after Halloween. Thank you :)

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2006, 05:16:03 am »
hmm yeah not a bad idea there subb a school girl with a bit of blood on the uniform and bite wounds in her neck ... so basically a recently transformed vamp from some ivy league school. very nice. :)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0