Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A Tough Loss  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
A Tough Loss
« on: December 12, 2004, 01:18:57 am »
Dammit...

This is perhaps the hardest decision I have had to make in a while, and it feels somewhat selfish of me to decide on it, but after many days of thinking I have decided my path with the FA and perhaps even MxO as a whole has come to an end.

This is through no personal matters or real life issues (apart from the fact that my PC runs MxO like a crack addict going cold turkey) but through slight inexplicable disappointment with the game and it's developement. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy playing it, but it's not what I think MxO should be at all. I think the most important thing in an MMO which is so tightly fixed to a story like The Matrix or Star Wars is the timing, when the game is actually set. Not only is this very unclear in MxO but it also seems very unlikely as to Zions future at all, and when reflecting on this I lose faith.

You see, if we are to continuously release blue pills from the Matrix, we will ulitimately be freeing roughly 1 billion people (this is taking into account ages and other factions that will be doing the same. Zion is the only human city, and it's current population is roughly 1 million. I'm sure there is room for say another million tops, but where do the rest go, and they will keep coming until famine strikes upon zion because it is highly over-populated and disease spreads.

Now I know this is all boring shit to most of you (if this does get posted to the rest of the faction) because you most likely play the game for the cool fighting, good graphics, the hyper jump and the fact that you can dodge bullets with the hundreds of other people who will be playing with you. Once again, I'm not saying the game is bad it is merely my speculation and conclusion as to why the game is so popular and of course I enjoy the Kung Fu and the 'Freedom of Joints'.

I think the game needs to be ALOT more subtle, I know there is a war but going into a park and killing random people that are standing there for no apparent reason just doesn't feel right. There definately needs to be more of the game based outside the matrix than within, for example, you start as a blue pill and decide how quickly you leave the martix, then you have to train up before you can enter the matrix. Perhaps this is asking too much, but I mean, being a captain of a hovercraft in the game pretty much changes nothing to the gameplay, you are not targeted more, you don't recieve any noticable bonus. The only thing different is the people you command which, although I enjoy, you can do the same in any game.

Leaving you guys will actually be like losing part of my soul, I've been with you all so long it's just been a really good blast and I have loved gaming with you all.

In my departure I would like to suggest who might take my position, and I have two people in mind. The first is Ajax, ever since he joined the clan with me back in April he has wanted to be a captain and I'm sure that he won't let you down. He plays the game alot and he is always talking about MxO in general, so he definately has dedication. The other is HD, he's been a captain before and he knows his stuff. He plays ALL the time he can and gets annoyed when he can't. However this is merely suggestion, I leave the choice to Tbone and the people.

And for Tbone, I leave my deepest thanks and all the luck I can muster, you truely deserve fame in your effort and I hope you realise what a magnificent guild you have created, because it is not really a guild, it is a family. May it live for generations to come.

To the rest of you, do as Tbone says because believe me, he knows what's best.

Now don't go ruining your reputation with silly PvP things and other meager things like that.

Farewell everyone and good luck

/Oronos

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
A Tough Loss
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 01:37:38 am »
I said it once and it needs to be said again.

Damn. Lights my second candle.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 01:46:05 am »
I'd argue with him but it can't change his mind now...

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
A Tough Loss
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 01:50:14 am »
we will all miss you... take care man.

Don't believe everything you think.

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 04:13:16 am »
*lights a candle*

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 04:44:40 am »
*lights candle* ...damn....

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
A Tough Loss
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 07:52:07 am »
shit... i remember the old times in vent talking about family guy and all that great humorous stuff... oh well, You will be missed.
Take Care dude
*Lights one up*

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 08:34:14 am »
*lights a candle*

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
A Tough Loss
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 08:53:46 am »
Well, its been good knowing man, sad to lose ya :(
I guess there are a lot of us that joined before the got into Beta, and we all had hopes about the game. As the beta has continued, we all hoped updates would do certain things... Now we can see the game almost complete, its all just coming down to stress testing now, so if the game doesn't appeal fully now... I guess it might now when it goes live (we can only hope some suggestions of the future are worked into the game).

And then you've got that whole computer issue as well. MxO runs like a quadriplegic sometimes on some computers, and I know this frustrates a LOT of people. Combine the cost of upgrading with the monthly fee and your feelings towards the game if its not going as you like it... well I can understand people leaving like this.

The only consolation I take from Oronos' message is the fact he was a good part of the clan, and still respected that on his exit. He seemd like a good person from what I knew, so...

*lights up in memory of Oronos*

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 08:54:07 am »
*lights a candle*

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 09:59:48 am »
I am, for the most part, completely speechless. I am in contact with Oronos on TS, msn and real life, and he never once hinted at this. I mean, he was playing a lot of WoW, but this is a blow that will leave me, if not others, reeling. I feel like I when watching a film and the hero dies.

*Lights one big ass candle*

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 10:14:33 am »
Aww man, Oronos was such a good guy...

From now on people, let people KNOW before you up and leave! It's nice to get to say goodbye...

I hope that maybe our lost ones will rejoin us again someday.

*lights a candle with the union jack inscribed upon it*

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 10:14:38 am »
I havent known you alot even thou you were my capitan... but for the few times that I meet  you I have to say that you were a great guy and it was very  nice talking and playing with you  .. Hope you find what you are seeking for  m8 :) Have a great time/life  and consider comming back pls :)

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 10:22:22 am »
Sad to see another one leave us, we will miss you Oronos.
/light candle

Anonymous

A Tough Loss
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 11:39:10 am »
Well that was unexpected :(
It's getting lonely on the Decerto
*lights candle*

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4