Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A question of history  (Read 2599 times)

Anonymous

A question of history
« on: May 27, 2004, 02:10:17 pm »
I was debating the ideas put forth in the Matrix, as I so often do, and a worrying thought smashed its way into my mind. When did the dreamworld begin? By this I mean, did it start in 1999, or did it start earlier than that. By the laws of logic it must have started at least twenty five years before the first film is set, as Neo would have to have been born in the dream world. But then what about those who are older than him? Either they were also born into his Matrix, or they were moved from the last one, having there memories replaced during the process. This itself holds it's own flaws, as it would mean that the machines would be able to recreate memories, but then why don't they use it on potentail freed minds. It is too much for one man to Ponder.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 02:20:10 pm »
"The Second Renaissance," short films would give you the best idea as to when the matrix was developed.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 02:40:41 pm »
"You believe it is the year 1999, when in fact it is closer to the year 2199."

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 02:55:09 pm »
I have seen the ranaissence, but what I am asking is, when did they set the first Matrix, (I mean the first of the six)? Because would it be in 1970, or 1990?

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 03:07:47 pm »
We know the first one was "timeless". The Architect says that the first matrix was set in the perfect human paradise. He then said they had to base it on the human's history when the first one failed. So, the 1st matrix wasn't really set in any time.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 03:47:51 pm »
ok, then the second, sheesh, you wouldn't think it would be so hard to get a straight answer, but I suppose there are no straight answers, merely loops in the endless cord of time.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 04:30:22 pm »
i wud suspect it to be after 1999 considering they had accomplished creating AI. probably sometime around like 2025 or something.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 04:33:56 pm »
Each cycle of the "One" lasts for 100 hundred years.  Six times 100 = 600 years.  It's likely 2620 or so.  The real question isn't how long have we been in the Matrix (6x100 expression above takes care of that), but what year did the citizens of Zero One revolt, and how long did it take for them to develop the Matrix?  There was an extensive amount of research that took place with humans before the Machines decided to use them as power sources.  Another question should be, how long did the utopia Matrix last?

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 09:50:33 pm »
The year is probably not 2199 but around 26something as Asha said. Remember, the citizens of Zion think that the current matrix was the first and only one. Also, it probably started much before 1970 because some council members are old (in their 70s/80s) and they are from the matrix as well.
To answer your question Asha, the utopia matrix probably didn't last long because entire crops of humans wouldn't accept the program, as the Architect told Neo.
I would say the Machines didn't take too long to develope the technology to make people and use them as power sources becuase they needed to find another source of power quickly before their batteries ran out.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 12:58:47 am »
If you guys look at the Second Renaissance, with that kid all happy and playing in teh snow, that is (atleast I think) a symbolozation of the first matrix, the "sublime" one. He stopped when his parents were calling him, he realized that something was wrong. Now at first I would say that he was the one, but then I think that would be to hasty.

I think that the origination of the ones start from when the oracle came about and the matrix was reformed to the varying ingrotesquries (sp?) of our nature. This shows that the humans that freed themselves from the first matrix were eentually hunted down and killed, and that the one would have to start the process all over again.

Dammit dammit i ahve a really really great idea on my head about this, but ti's currently 2 am in the morning and about around now it gets harder to retain those thoughts. I think ima go to bed nite errbody.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 01:08:53 am »
I believe the movies explained that the one came about only in the newest form of the matrix. The other ones failed until the machines found ones that gave the humans a choice to enter it so subliminal and small that basically all accepted the matrix upon birth. Everyone once in a while the one would appear. He is an anomaly, which as we all remember from school is an unxplainable event outside of the norm. Thus the one is essentially a glitch in the matrix system that every once in a while gives a certain individual certain abilities. Also, based on the fact that the humans think it is around 2199, would tell them that theyre oldest records go back around 150 - 200 years. This would mean that the one tends to appear in around this time range, though it would vary every time. If neo is the 7 one (i think i forget, maybe 6) that wud make the actual year around 3000-3500. I guess its kinda like every few hundred years the matrix has to be rebooted and thats where the one comes in. Then again im pretty tired and dont know what i just said so i cud be waaaaaay off. I'll check tomorrow.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 08:22:53 am »
Sorry Ajax, but you did ask for the first.  :)

If you have seen some of the cartoons on the Matrix website (especially Goliath) it appears that time in the Matrix and time in the real world don't always have to be traveling at the same rate. In Goliath, the Matrix experiences many years when actually time has only elapsed 30 min.

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 11:08:46 am »
I know what you want to here Ajax, it does appear that the first film is pretty retro and seems like the 70s...where as reloaded becomes more like 2001..  Plus you cannot forget Time Acceleration in the matrix... where you'll be plugged for 30 minutes, but go thru a lifetime of memories(Goliath comic at matrix.com)

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 11:55:20 am »
This is really confusing and I think the best thing to do is not think about it...

Anonymous

A question of history
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 12:03:43 am »
BUT It's SO FUN!!!!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25