Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A typical saturday night with FA  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
A typical saturday night with FA
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:54:23 am »
On Saturday night, a few of the Angels were called to Club Hel to speak with the Merovingian.  We jacked in to Hampton Green NE Central, and made our way to the club.

Blood Nobles, Succubi, and various other exiles littered the club, seemingly keeping watch.  Their eyes locked onto us and followed as we made our way through the lobby, down the stairs, across the sprawling dance floor, and up to the club's vantage point.  The familiar couches were there, but the Merovingian was nowhere to be seen.

Was this a trap?

Out of the corner of our eyes, we noticed two scantily-clad club guards making their way towards us.  We stood resolute, side-by-side, in preparation for an attack.  One club guard with particularly strange hair pointed to his right, to a darkened corner of the room, where a glint of red cloth seemed to hang in the air.  As we made our way over, the sillhouette of the Merovingian seemed to materialize from the shadows.  His pale skin made him look almost ill, and that smug smirk of his never faded.

After much empty boasting on the Merovingian's part, we got a call from our operator to inform us that agents had locked onto our location.  We had about thirty seconds to get to the exit.  Broin tucked his cell phone back into his coat pocket and gave the Merv a promising look, as if to say "Until next time."

We ran up the stairs and through the lobby.  20 seconds.  10 seconds.  5... 4... 3...

We made it to the elevator and back to the parking garage.  We sprinted for the parking ramp just as the familiar gurgle of spastic static caught in our ears.  An agent had already begun to take over a bluepill who was innocently stepping out of her parked car.  As we headed up the ramp, we looked back to see that Jeyk had decided to stand his ground.  Not wanting to leave a fellow soldier behind, we all ran back towards the garage entrance and began exchanging powerful blows with the agent.

The fight made its way up the parking ramp and out into the streets.  With teamwork and coordination, we managed to stay alive for much longer than would usually be expected.  Though we were successful in landing numerous hits, we couldn't seem to do any damage.

The fight waged on for hours.  The sun had set, the rain began to pour, and the streetlights faded on, as if eyes were opening to witness the spectacle below.

We eventually became exhausted.  With unmatched speed, the agent drew his gun for one last shot.  Time seemed to slow down as the bullet sliced through the air with the kind of precision that can only be programmed.  It made its way through a small gap between the fighting bodies, and burrowed into Jeyk's chest.

Our operator informed us that Jeyk's emergency jackout procedure had been initialized at the last second and that he would live.  The agent disappeared, his purpose complete, leaving an unconscious bluepill to collapse on the ground.  We carried her into a nearby building and laid her on a couch.  Before she had any time to awake and ask questions, we were gone.

Visual records of the ordeal can be found here: http://geeksyndicate.net/manic/fa/

We'll have to do this again some time.  :)

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Re: A typical saturday night with FA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:10:32 am »
That was probably the most fun I've had in game in a while.

Nice job on the video slide show.  Many nice shots there as well.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 01:30:47 am »
Good times, good story.  It's the little moments like this that make me love this game.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 08:24:26 am »
Awesome RP and photo montage Manic.  When I get home tonight I'll post some of the shots I took.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 04:24:05 pm »
Well done Manic :)

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 11:19:16 pm »

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 11:37:27 pm »
Holy shit, that's funny lol

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 12:03:19 am »
I know I belong here because even while I was on R&R leave for the weekend, I wish I could have been at Manic's side.

*OOC*
Natalie's second cousin just happens to be one of my girlfriend's housemates and a coworker at the Shakespeare theatre in DC. Small world, (and no she isn't as attractive as Natalie, and a bit of a drama queen) though the only picture she had on hand to verify this was a family picture at their great-grandmothers funeral when they were both 11 and 10 respectively (Natalie had just done her first film, The Professional) so she admitted they aren't close at all. Bummer :-(
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 10:27:57 pm »
I took a whole bunch, but I'm not one with the mind for presentation, so I forgot to turn off the name tags... and the UI in some, but heres a selection of what I took.

http://www.sullycentral.net/images/FA/sat-agent

I'll be putting up my brand spankin new photo gallery on my website very very soon...

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 11:23:31 am »
That's so awesome. When did this happen? They just opened Club Hel for us to meet with him? that's amazing

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 05:47:23 pm »
It was actually for the last mission of the 4th Pandora's Box.  I had never been in Club Hel before so we took some time for everyone to take some screenshots.  We got out of the mission area a little late and the agent spawned.

I just tried to put a little story behind the pictures.  :)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 06:05:09 pm »
That's sweet. Let's get a group together asap to do it again... i need box4 for those shoes, and all the help i can get.

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 06:15:56 pm »
FYI i have that box 4 mission to complete.

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 08:41:53 am »
That was a great story and film Manic..That was one of the best times I've had.

I'm always up for a box 4 mission...

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online