Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A Reminder on RP and Courtesy  (Read 747 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
A Reminder on RP and Courtesy
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:15:51 pm »
I wanted to take a little time out to clarify a few things...

FA has always been known as a powerful faction in combat, but what really set us on the map was our roleplay, both in and out of game. The faction has and always will be a nice balance of PvP and RP - we even had ships catagorized into the two groups at one point. I feel that effective roleplay is essential to upholding the FA standard, and I think almost all of you do a good job to keep that element there.

This being said, everyone has their own preference. Some prefer to simply PvP. Others almost strictly roleplay. We try not to force one or the other down your throat, but what we do ask is that you remain courteous to your faction mates and the ways that they enjoy playing the game. Discouraging one or the other simply hurts the faction as a whole.

Also be aware that sometimes it will be important, if you are representing the faction, to stay "in character" (mainly live events, interviews, etc.). It's also strongly encouraged that, if your faction mates' backs are against the wall, to jump in and do your part in the fighting (again, live events or massive battles).

Most of you are already aware of all this, but some of our newer members may not be, so I thought I would post this as a reminder. Thanks.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: A Reminder on RP and Courtesy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 12:48:25 am »
Let's see if I can build on this without sounding too pompous or presumptuous...

When you fly the FA tag, you're representing the entire faction.  What one of us says or does reflects on the rest of us and the faction name.  We should try to present ourselves in a way that makes us as individuals, and in turn our factionmates, appear respectable to the rest of the community.

The Meat of the Matter:
Occasionally in TS I'll hear somebody talk about sitting on the corpse of a freshly baked CQ point.  Trash talk I can kinda, somewhat, sorta, understand, but I feel stuff like this should be out of the question.  I get the fact that it's humiliating to the defeated, I guess, but it also makes the sitter, and in turn the sitter's faction, look a bit immature.  

I think I use commas way too much.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there.  You're representing FA whenever you jack in.  Keep in mind how you viewed FA before you became a member, and help convey that sense of respect to other players.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 307