Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Your actions reflect on all of us.  (Read 5564 times)

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Your actions reflect on all of us.
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:14:43 am »
For the first time I was almost ashamed to be wearing the tag Furious Angels as I warzoned this evening.  For the actions of a couple people left a terrible taste in my mouth.

On a consistant basis i am in both our teamspeak and my own due to having friends who play on our server not being in FA.  Today one of my friends decided to jump into warzones for the 1st time. Now he is known to us a casual player, but tries.  His queue pops with huttball and has to ask how to throw the ball and some basics cause he has only heard us talk about it before.   His match goes on and he mentions typical 1st time things like not knowing where to go all the time... timing of the firepits and the point of this little PSA, not knowing you cant access the goal line from "ground level."

He was tossed the ball and not knowing the map yet jumps down off a ledge thinking he can run in from one of the sides.  Well as you all know its gated off and you have a ramp only into the pit. Of course he dies and is flamed as a "terrible player" and "bad pug is bad" among other things. He gets a tell from another pug in the group says "wow what douchebags" discribing the flamers. He portrays the situation to us and I respond with... "what a surprise, dickheads on the internet."

It is on his next death he spawns next to the two people flaming him and I hear, "oh wonderful, those dicks are in your guild."

So I'm not naming names or speaking to them in specifically, I'm squashing a unacceptable behavior.  You speak of positive gameplay and wish to make an impact on the game / server.  In that warzone the impact you had was causing the probably 6 pugs to think we're a guild of douchebag angry teenagers who flame anyone under the sun. So well done with that.  

Your actions are not just your own when you are in a guild they reflect us all.  We all have to deal with the dumb shit that spews out of your mouth when you want to be a dick to someone.  So if you want to rage on someone, hell we all do it... you should hear my rants... do it in guildchat...or teamspeak not in a public manner. Your better than that, I expect to never see that type of behavior again.

*tldr - Don't be a dick to people in general / public chat, it reflects on us all

-Jaypee
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Re: Your actions reflect on all of us.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:32:04 am »
Eff that. We should know names. Hell, if not in public, masters should at least know.

That sucks guys. WE ARE NOT ELITISTS DICKS. WE ARE CAREBEARS THAT PWN FACE HARD.

We don't need this crap in our guild.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 01:54:49 am »
Quote from: "likwidtek"
Eff that. We should know names. Hell if. It in public, masters should know.

That sucks guys. WE ARE NOT ELITISTS DICKS. WE ARE CAREBEARS THAT PWN FACE HARD.

We don't need this crap in our guild.

I totally agree.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 03:32:13 am »
Fair enough, pass on their names to a master will ya? Or if you did this (and you know who you are) please stop.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 04:39:28 am »
I know we can get pretty frustrated losing warzone after warzone but I agree with JP even I have had a moan at some noob pug but I kept it to TS out of general, we all feel frustration from time to time but remember your actions reflect the guild.  

What I do agree with however is calling out people in WZ who are doing noob things not to lambast them but to educate them if no one calls them out how will they learn what they are doing is wrong an example of this is being kited away from the doors/point in voidstar/alderaan or when all your team have a plan and push to 2 points they decide to go lone hero into the other only to face 2 or 3 reds solo and die constantly. but dont shout or moan at them just state where they are going wrong and if possible give reason for example dontg get kited away from your healer etc.  The more we educate the more WZ we will end up winning.  If you do feel frustrated at some guy unable to follow orders still drop into my room in TS and vent.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 05:04:13 am »
I haven't been to a warzone yet, so I expect I would have the same insults thrown at me from others, but I wouldn't expect it from FA.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 05:13:42 am »
There's no question that warzones can be frustrating since, if you're in a group, you will most likely be thrown with 4 randoms, but just as we don't want to trash talk the enemy players, we certainly don't want to trash talk players on our own team.

I can't tell you the number of times I've said something like "FA is going east. Everyone else get West!" and then watch as the randoms run east or mid, die or leave an objective open, and lose the game for us. Hell, I've even had other FA on my team not read the ops chat and do this! As frustrating as it is, negativity just begets more negativity. If it's affecting the game that much, try to constructively walk them through it. Otherwise, remember that you'll still get your valor, XP, credits, etc. at the end of the match and just shake it off.

In the end it's more important to keep our reputation in tact than for you to win a single warzone, so please try to keep this in check for ALL of us!

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 09:08:11 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
...negativity just begets more negativity.

In the end it's more important to keep our reputation in tact than for you to win a single warzone, so please try to keep this in check for ALL of us!

Wise words we all should take to heart.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 09:31:02 am »
Quote from: "JP"
So I'm not naming names...

No no no no no.  

Tell one of the Masters in private.  Part of our job consists of damage control for exactly these kinds of situations.

Hopefully whoever it was will read this post and keep themselves in check from now on.  There's a reason we ask the "trash talking and griefing" question in every interview.  And for many of us, the answer to that question can be a deal breaker for whether the potential is in or out.

WE ARE CAREBEARS THAT PWN FACE HARD.

Put this on all future FA merchandise.

Offline CT

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 10:03:18 am »
Well said. Talk in TS; rage/QQ at your friends, they will empathize with you. Then when you have a level head, talk to the offender in a diplomatic and constructive manner.

Just remember: There is no emotion. There is peace.

Offline Phyroxis

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:07 pm »
Here's hoping that this is an isolated case that is more an exception than a rule. I know I have trouble in Hutt Ball still and would hate to be called out for it-- there is a very big difference between not knowing that to do (most new people in Hutt Ball) and being a bad team player.

On a somewhat tangential note, do we have a guide to Warzones? Particularly for Hutt Ball. I think the map has the potential to be real fun, but I remember my first time on it was dreadful because there was zero explanation.
Phyro

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 02:09:52 pm »
WE ARE CAREBEARS THAT PWN FACE HARD.

^

Offline victoriah

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whatkristinalikes.blogspot.com
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »
Quote from: "Ketamininja"
I haven't been to a warzone yet, so I expect I would have the same insults thrown at me from others, but I wouldn't expect it from FA.

I'm sure I will be the biggest noob on the playground.
Srsly though, this post makes me sad but I know it will be handled gracefully.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 04:23:28 pm »
Quote from: "Phyroxis"
Here's hoping that this is an isolated case that is more an exception than a rule. I know I have trouble in Hutt Ball still and would hate to be called out for it-- there is a very big difference between not knowing that to do (most new people in Hutt Ball) and being a bad team player.

On a somewhat tangential note, do we have a guide to Warzones? Particularly for Hutt Ball. I think the map has the potential to be real fun, but I remember my first time on it was dreadful because there was zero explanation.

*cough*Warzones Guide link is to your left under "Guides".

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 04:58:19 pm »
I've been here for a while, and it is always disappointing to hear about issues as the one mentioned above.  However, it happens, and thus provides an opportunity to learn.

Something to keep in perspective as a member of this guild is that upon joining you essentially agree to adhere to a behavioral contract of sorts which governs expectations regarding general conduct, communication, and interactions with others both inside and outside of the guild.

If you are a new member, I would recommend that you observe individuals who have been here for a moderate sum of time to model these expectations, and you shouldn't have any problems meshing in.

Additionally, if you witness anything along these lines, appropriately point it out (e.g., approach it assertively without being rude or confrontational).

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 327