Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Star Wars Timeline  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Star Wars Timeline
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:11:48 am »
I'm trying to catch up with the world of Star Wars outside the movies because I haven't really always followed the Lore, and haven't played the games. This Timeline is extremely detailed and helpful.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history

SWTOR is when the Cold War begins when the Treaty of Coruscant is signed in 3,653 Before the Battle of Yavin (Destruction of the Death Star)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Star Wars Timeline
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 12:25:11 pm »
Ow, my head hurts. I need the cliff notes!

One odd thing I will say about the Star Wars universe is that, despite the fact that tens of thousands of years go by, the technology doesn't seem to advance. Case in point - the droid in SWTOR walkthrough looks and talks exactly the same as the droids in the Star Wars movies, but the game takes place like 3650 years before the movies. Think of how far technology has progressed for us in the past 100 years. Even 300 years. Anyway, I'm putting my suspension of disbelief hat back on, as we'd all rather have Star Wars-ish stuff than some retarded primitive Star Wars-ish stuff anyway.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:49:49 pm »
It's worth noting that in SW:TOR they don't use BBY, it's ATC (After the Treaty of Corusant) - and the game starts 30 years after the treaty.

I seriously can't wait for this game :/

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 02:55:13 pm »
3,661 BBY
A Mandalorian army materializes in alliance with the Sith and blockades the Republic's most critical trade route.[8]
3,660 BBY
Succeeding where the Jedi have failed, a smuggler convoy breaks the Mandalorian blockade and restores the Republic's trade route.[8]
c. 3,653 BBY
The Great War ends with the Sacking of Coruscant.
Treaty of Coruscant signed.
Cold War begins
3,519 BBY
An expansion to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant is made.
3,500 BBY
The Iktotchi race is discovered by the Gala

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:20:29 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
One odd thing I will say about the Star Wars universe is that, despite the fact that tens of thousands of years go by, the technology doesn't seem to advance. Case in point - the droid in SWTOR walkthrough looks and talks exactly the same as the droids in the Star Wars movies, but the game takes place like 3650 years before the movies. Think of how far technology has progressed for us in the past 100 years. Even 300 years.

I said the same thing when the prequels rolled around so many years ago.  The technology in the prequels seemed light years beyond what is shown in the original trilogy.  All the ships and space stations, even the clothing in Eps I, II and III look very sleek and stylized.  Very futuristic.  Fast forward some years in the timeline to Eps IV, V and VI, and everything looks rather antiquated in comparison.  Still futuristic in its own right, but a "futuristic" that is old and busted.

It's obviously an issue with real-world technological boundaries between the time periods in which each trilogy was made.  And it's clear that Eps I, II and III were made for a different generation of movie-goers.  But I would think ol' George would strive for some consistency in his universe.

Anyway, I think I will bone up on the timeline.  I too know very little about what Star Wars is like outside of the trilogy.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 07:59:09 pm »
Another good question is how long is a year? Our year is 365.25 days because that's how long it takes for the earth to go all completely around the sun. Surely it's not the same on every planet in every galaxy. How did they come up with the standard? Maybe 10,000 years for them is 100 years for us. Man, the Star Wars universe needs to be freakin fleshed out already... (kidding!)

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:30:25 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Another good question is how long is a year? Our year is 365.25 days because that's how long it takes for the earth to go all completely around the sun. Surely it's not the same on every planet in every galaxy. How did they come up with the standard? Maybe 10,000 years for them is 100 years for us. Man, the Star Wars universe needs to be freakin fleshed out already... (kidding!)

One year in the SW Universe is how long Corusant goes around its sun which is 368 local days. :)

I think the explaination that I heard once about Ep IV-VI looking older than the prequels is that the days during Ep I-III were much more civilized and during the reign of the empire credits went towards slavery and the military, whilst during the republic money was put towards other things like planetary restoration etc.

Oh and Fuse, I meant noteing :) sorry :P

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:49:25 am »
noted. =)

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 10:18:34 pm »
well.. its kinda like the show Enterprise and the new movie Star Trek looking sleeker than the original show and movies but they still simplified the "tech" down to toggles and levers instead of touchscreens because it would completely look different than the old show.. at least roddenberry has his crew thinking.. postmortem and all ;)

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 02:39:19 pm »
After playing Assassin's Creed II, more and more I feel that FA should be a sect like the Creed - Working in the darkness to serve the light, or something.

IDEA: We were formed thousands of years ago by our ancestors (just an idea - I've introduced my character as the descendant) during the First Great Schism? The Elders (The first ones to form the Sect) felt that the Code needed to be twisted in order to beat the Bogan/Dark Jedi/Dark Side. Maybe the lead Elder was Tbone's great-great-great-etc.-grandad/grandma? Or all the elders are ancestors to all of the Captains and lieutenants? Just brain storming :) What do you guys think?

Maybe we should start a time table?

For example:

3,660 BBY - Mandolorian blockade is broken by the smugglers. Here I've placed my Battle of Dathomir RP story. Purely non-canon, of course. Alcides T'orr is visited by a ghost of his ancestor Andeo T'orr, a former Knight in the Furious Angels sect, who guides the young Jedi to the Temple of the Angels.

Offline Reaper

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 02:03:22 pm »
:) Loving the mandolorian wars!!!!

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 02:18:02 pm »
not a bad idea subnoob.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 06:12:49 pm »
I gotta get you to write a detailed backstory, Subb. I'm not as versed in the Star Wars mythology!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 08:19:05 am »
PM Me whatcha want :) I'll be able to start it on Saturday (Finals atm).

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 227