Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: The Matrix Movie Easter Eggs  (Read 5109 times)

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
The Matrix Movie Easter Eggs
« on: April 25, 2005, 09:45:11 pm »
Matrix, The - Musical Anagrams
When Neo fights Morpheus in the construct, the three pieces of music that play on the score are termed the "Bow Whisk Orchestra" by composer Don Davis, the song "Leave You Far Behind" by Lunatic Asylum, and another piece by Davis called "Switch or Break Show." Both "Bow Whisk Orchestra" & "Switch Or Break Show" are anagrams of "Wachowski Brothers", the directors of "The Matrix". Also, when Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity return to the building after visiting the Oracle, the piece of music that plays is called "Threat Mix." Later, when in the same building Morpheus fights Agent Smith, the musical piece is called "Exit Mr. Hat." Both "Threat Mix" & "Exit Mr. Hat" are anagrams of "The Matrix."

Matrix, The - Room 101
If you notice Neo's room number, you will see he lives in room 101. Room 101 was the place in George Orwell's book "1984", where people were sent to be tortured, and would end up believeing something that wasn't true. In the book, a man is told that 2 + 2 = 5 so much, that he eventually truly believes it. Neo's room number being 101 is not just a coincedence, as Neo's life is a torture chamber, and he is also trapped there. He has been living inside The Matrix so long, that he has no doubts about it being true, and is convinced it is real. This is like convincing someone that 2 + 2 = 5.

Matrix, The - Chase Sequence
This egg appears in the chase sequence when Neo crashes through an old peoples apartment. Look out for the clip showing on their TV; it's from 'The Prisoner', Patrick McGoohan's classic cult TV series about secrecy, paranoia and unreality.

Matrix, The - Twins in the Agent Training Program
This egg is mentioned in the DVD director's speech. When Morpheus and Neo is in the "Agent Training Program", they were walking in a crowded city. Notice that you will see that almost every pedestrians walking in the street show up twice! This is obvious when the agent pulls out his gun and the scene paused. You will see the same person with bald head just below Neo.

Matrix, The - Presidents in the Matrix
After Cypher betrays his friends, he tells the agent that he wishes to come back as someone famous, an actor, he wants to be powerful, and he wants to remember nothing. Now, the agent calls Cypher Mr. Reagan, so Cypher could be Ronald Reagan. He was famous, an actor, was very powerful and since he has Alzheimers, he can't remember anything.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 09:48:10 pm »
wow, interesting stuff...

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:52:09 pm »
Matrix Reloaded, The - License Plate Egg
Towards the beginning of the movie, Agent Smith pulls up in a car. You can read his license plate. It says "IS 5416". In the King James Bible, Isaiah 54:16 says: "Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and bringeth forth an instument for his work; and I have the waster to destoy."

Matrix Reloaded, The - Steak again!
Watch the movie until the big car chase scene begins with the albino twins. (The egg occurs right before they actually get to the main freeway) As Morpheous and Trinity take the ramp to get on the main freeway there is a billboard in the background. The billboard has a big cow on it and it reads "Steak". This is significant because steak was one of the passwords for the original matrix web site that unlocked special features. (You can read about it in the archive under the original Matrix eggs)

Matrix Revolutions, The - Mobil Ave
When the movie starts we pick Neo up in the train station with the little girl, if you take a look at the wall behind them you will notice some writing that says "MOBIL AVE".
We all know that Neo is in a place that is neither here nor there, in between the real world and the matrix. If we rearrange "MOBIL AVE" we get "LIMBO AVE", and we all know what LIMBO is, and that is where he's at.
The Wachowski Brothers strategically placed the camera such that as Neo is talking to the girl we can see "MOBIL" on several, if not all, of the shots.

Matrix Revolutions, The - ORIGINAL MATRIX REFERENCE
At approximately 10:18 in the movie, Morpheus, Trinity, and Seraph enter a train and see the Trainman. At 10:43, the Trainman runs out of the train. There is an advertisement on the wall outside the train for "Tastee Wheat". This is an egg referring to a part in the original Matrix where Mouse is talking to Neo about Tastee Wheat.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:17:11 pm »
Wow dude those rock. Especially the mister Reagan thing i didnt now that.  Cool finds man

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 12:12:01 am »
Haha those are great...im loving the license plate one!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 08:55:36 am »
In the original release of the matrix, when neo is signing for his cell phone the delivery guy gives him, there is a set workers arm in the back left corner of the scene, when they cut out, he's gone. In the later releases and DVD they zoom in a bit more than the original to cut this out.... i have a ton of these, but thats all for now.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 10:21:07 am »
I know this is a moderately old thread, but these little things are exactly what I love about the trilogy.  I've got a few that I've collected over the years:

The number 6 is considered the first mathematically "perfect" number being the sum of its divisors.  (1+2+3=6)  Neo is, of course, the 6th integral anomoly.

Thomas Anderson's place of business is a software company called "Metacortex".  The word "meta" as a prefix means "to transcend" or "go beyond".  The word "cortex" is used to describe the outer layer of grey matter surrounding the brain.  So "Metacortex" literally means "transcending the boundaries of the mind".

Thomas Anderson's apartment number is 101, which in binary code translates to the number 5.  5 is the 6th number in binary if you count 0 as the first number.  (This is possibly another reference to Neo being the 6th anomoly.)

The restaurant where Neo, Morpheus and Trinity meet The Merovingian is called "Le Vrai Restaurant".  "Le vrai" in French means "The truth".  The Merovingian tells them that cause and effect, or causality, is the only real truth.  He also states that the reason the three of them came to see him is because they were told to do so.  So quite literally, cause and effect lead Neo, Morpheus and Trinity  to "le vrai" or "the truth".

I could go on for hours about this stuff.  I love it.  But alas, I must get back to work.  :)

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 12:05:11 pm »
That is what makes the W bros so great they put little details in their movies for us to figure out.  They are definately an inspiration to my film making.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 02:48:18 pm »
^ Hence the reason why you'll never see a DVD put out with a "W Brothers" commentary feature. :p

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 02:50:05 pm »
I'm also a huge fan of all of the little eggs left in the trilogy.  Here's a few more...

In the original film there are only two "Homegrown, Children of Zion" on the Nebuchadnezzar, Tank and Dozer.  They're homegrown but also happen to have the names of machines.

When Neo is getting reprimanded for being late he is distracted by the window washers outside the window.  When he looks at them he looks confused, this is because if you look at the suds, it looks like matrix code, Neo looks like he's seen this code somewhere before.

Neo's room number is 101, this is because Neo is the One (1).  When Trinity is in the Heart o' the City hotel in the beggining of the first film she is in room 303, she's Trinity (3)

When Neo goes to visit the Oracle for the first time there are white rabbits on the television. Another reference to Alice in Wonderland.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 03:55:35 pm »
Quote from: "Grifter801"

When Neo is getting reprimanded for being late he is distracted by the window washers outside the window.  When he looks at them he looks confused, this is because if you look at the suds, it looks like matrix code, Neo looks like he's seen this code somewhere before.

I know I've mentioned this before here, but in this same scene right as they're looking in through the window there is a long image of the Chicago skyline on the bosses back wall. The WBros grew up in this area and the original scripts of the Matrix took place inside Chicago-not "Megacity". Also the train says "LOOP" on it referring again to the Chicago loop.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 05:29:26 pm »
Other thing that just might be me, but as Neo is the 6th anomoly, "God's perfect creation culminated on the 6th day"

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 96