Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II  (Read 3197 times)

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:19:17 pm »
If the only choice you had was between these two phones, iPhone 4 S or Samsung Galaxy S II, which one would you pick and why?

Offline Ghisteslwchlohm

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:21:14 pm »
Samsung Galaxy S II, because SCREW APPLE.

I'm done with my iphone. As soon as I get money I will be tossing it in the garbage and buying the Samsung Infuse, which is more or less a cheaper version of the Galaxy.

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:46:26 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisteslwchlohm"
Samsung Galaxy S II, because SCREW APPLE.

I'm done with my iphone. As soon as I get money I will be tossing it in the garbage and buying the Samsung Infuse, which is more or less a cheaper version of the Galaxy.

I been leaning towards the Galaxy, My brother got it two weeks ago and his wife got the Infuse. The are both great looking phones.

I am just trying to get some outside opinions from other people.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »
I like the motorola Atrix 2.. it runs smooth and I like the motorola android phones better than the samsungs.. the Galaxy definitely has the nice screen and the cooler built in camera features but I care more about having a solid phone that runs all the time.. of course im partial to the atrix since I have the first one as my work phone.

this is all assuming its with AT&T..

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 09:51:51 pm »
I love my Samsung Galaxy S (ATT Captivate specifically), the only real complaint I've ever had is the thing feels light. I traded up for the Galaxy the day my iPhone contract was up. Mostly because the iPhone felt slow after I upgraded the iOS, and the wall garden Apple keeps you in. If I want to do anything with my Galaxy, I know I can.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 02:56:41 am »
Personally I use the IPhone 4S and I love it. It is quick, Siri is cool and the photo quality is rather good. Also, I have a fair number of Apple products around my house and I love the way that they all work together.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 05:32:12 am »
The iPhone is good, but the Samsung is doing the job better now, depending on the type of apps that you might need. I don't need Facetime, that's for sure. Samsung will be more customisable etc due to the OS.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Milhouse

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://lancamp.org
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 07:28:25 am »
iPhone because of accessories.  I had a Droid and it was great, but the docking stations and integration solutions were really limited.  Now my phone plugs right in to my home stereo and my car and works seamlessly.

And remember this; If you hold a lot of emotional involvement as to who makes your phone, you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Is this the person I wanted to be?"  ;)

Offline Revalis

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
  • The Architect
    • View Profile
    • http://revalis.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 08:45:07 am »
Droid.

I've been looking at the Galaxy S2 at the TMobile store lately, and my only problem with it is its ludicrous size (and form factor). Seems awkward to carry around and use.. but the display is brilliant; and video looks amazing on it. If you have big hands, though, you'd probably be fine with it.. plus, dual-core 1.5ghz and 1gb ram. Not shabby at all.

For me, I think I'm going to settle for the G2x, though.

Also, even with my old school Motorola Cliq (Android 2.1), I can plug into my car/home stereo and it works fine. I actually almost exclusively listen to Pandora in the car, now, as opposed to radio. So iPhone certainly isn't necessary for that. ;)

Edit: Also,

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 10:09:17 am »
It really comes down to the Nexus S II or the new rebooted Razr. You'd be silly and waisting money not to get a phone with the Verizon 4G chip.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 10:46:15 am »
Quote from: "Milhouse"
And remember this; If you hold a lot of emotional involvement as to who makes your phone, you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Is this the person I wanted to be?"  ;)

As long as the answer doesn't end with Project Mayham...
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:49:49 pm »
I have the 4s.  It gets out of your way, is retarded fast and siri isn't a gimmick.  I was worried that the novelty of Siri would wear off but I'm constantly barking orders at my phone:  "remind me when I get home to give Lilly her medicine"  "Wake me up at 7" or for an extended snooze "Wake me up in 15 minutes" "Text Jessica Hey dummy, I love you"  "How do I get home" "find me a taco bell"  "What am I doing next tuesday?"

While in the car "read my messages"  "Reply to so and so - get bent!".  "Text Joe, Hey where are we meeting again?" The future is awesome.

Aside from just siri it's weird how great the screen is.  I still have my old 3gs that I let my daughter use as an ipod touch now.  It's crazy now that I pick that phone up and look at the screen how disgusting is looks.  Seriously, pixels, pixels everywhere.  Perspective is a weird thing.  I used to look at that 3gs screen and think how amazingly gorgeous everything looked.  It's a night and day difference now.  Those who say that pixel density doesn't matter simply hasn't spent any time with this screen.  In my opinion, from now on (well since the iPhone 4) screen resolution and size mean nothing without a high pixel density.  That said, I can't wait for my friend to get his Galaxy Nexus so I can oogle at it.  I wonder if we will be able to tell a difference.

The overall speed of the phone is amazing.  I haven't played any 3d games but everything in the phone loads instantly.  No complaints there at all.  Super super fast.  If you're a gamer, the android game options are pretty meh compared to iOS.  There are some really outstanding games in the Apple app store.

The camera on the 4s is pretty dang awesome.  Not only is it pretty much instant on but you can rapid fire pictures like no other.  Very very fast with outstanding picture quality.  

Facetime for me is now a must have.  My Dad and my daughter's mom both have the iPhone.  Being able to facetime my daughter every other night is amazing.  I understand there are third party apps that do this but having it baked into the phone app is great.  We'll talk before bed like we normally do (my daughter is 5) and she'll ask me, "Daddy are you at home?"  I'll say yeah and she'll say "Yay!  Facetime!"  All she has to do is hit the facetime button and I get to see her little face.  All seemless through a standard phone call.  Her favorite thing to do is facetime me and read me stories and play show and tell.  It's super super awesome.

Lastly is battery life.  There are some who are complaining about some battery life suckage since iOS 5 however the worst of it is still better than the best LTE phone battery life.  Do I wish I had LTE in my phone?  uhm, heck yeah.  But would I be willing to deal with a 3-5 hour battery life phone?  LOL no.  I'm plenty happy with my 6 - 10mb HSPA+ speeds that I get here in Phoenix without sacrificing battery.  Hopefully LTE antennas / chips become more power efficient.  Once they do, I'm sure Apple will adopt it.  

Obviously if you hate Apple don't get the iPhone 4s.  But if you don't, I can't see a reason to compromise.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 02:11:21 pm »
Apple is still setting the standard with their iPhones. With the latest iOS, it's hard to say they are lacking in anything. The big seller is the App Store. One undeniable proof is that developers are still more focused on iOS than Android.

Just like you can get an iPod or an "iPod", with today's smartphones people are quick to call any smartphone an iPhone. So the question is, do you want an iPhone or just an "iPhone". ;)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 245