Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New Roster  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: New Roster
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 08:31:49 am »
Sared, a lot of valid points.

The system has been adopted from the older roster, so most fields are similar.... Some changes need to be authorised by Tbone, but certainly it's good to have the feedback!

Quote from: "Sared"

Rename the 'Adv Class' field to simply 'Class'. In all honesty, if you are playing a 'Trooper' at level 36, and not a 'Vanguard' or a 'Commando', then you are a dumb. In my experience, this guild isn't a dumb.

You can't pick "Trooper" on it's own... so it's just the "full title" that is being shown. We could omit the root class name (trooper/jedi/smuggler). It's ADV CLASS to differentiate from the CLASS field - but I see no reason why it couldn't be called CLASS if the other field (see next point) is also changed.

Replace the current 'Class' field with 'Role' for Damage/Healer/DPS, and remove the 'Crowd Control' selection, due to non-existence of a dedicated class for that role.
Again, taken from old roster... but yes may be better field name as "ROLE". There are some who are currently posted as "CC".... so I'm not sure why?

Could live with or without this, replace 'Crew Skill' with 'Crafting Skill' and add additional fields for 'Gathering Skill'.
Fair. Is having gathering skills useful for others to see? Can certainly add in later.

I don't see the purpose of the 'Pre Order' check box now that we are out of Beta. That being said, I think a field of check boxes might be more useful for things like availability, time-zones, or even specific interests (Hardmodes, PVP, Operations, Questing, etc. etc.)
Yes, PREORDER was a left over [might give you an idea of how long this has been around for in the background ;)]. I can remove that. I love the idea for the other checkboxes.

I know this is a little complaint, and possibly something that could be solved with phpBB3, but the ability to select our forum avatar (FA forums) or upload our own instead of using the SWTOR avatars might be nice, and possibly worth looking into?
I want to keep images to a certain size, so I could do that but would be resizing them for you which may give unwanted results. It's cosmetic of course and serves no real purpose; but it may reflect mor of what you look like in game.

Lastly, the 'Avatar' name field makes no sense to me. What is it's purpose? Re-tag as 'Forum Name', or add additional 'Character Name' (with additional fields for alts maybe?) and 'Forum Name' fields.
Yeah, as EE mentioned, "Avatar" name is your character name. The "forum name" is your first name listed. I can change the title to "Character Name" as it would make more sense to most. Alts may be possible down the line depending on what TBone allows with Alts to be part of guild.

I will make title changes shortly...

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Azarov

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »
Great job Ket, and thanks for the explanation on how to get your name on the roster if it wasn't there already.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 04:54:59 pm »
I went to User Profile, I then clicked on Update Profile, changed Crew Skill from blank to artifice and changed avatar to avatar121 and hit update profile. Then I hit confirm update. This resulted in my preorder going from yes to no with no option to change it. This may not even matter if that is being removed.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »
Quote from: "Khr0n1k"
This resulted in my preorder going from yes to no with no option to change it. This may not even matter if that is being removed.

You caught me in the middle of updating [removing] any left over pre-order info :)

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17