Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Ragnarok Online  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Ragnarok Online
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:25:11 am »
So I was reading on whats new with it... And I really feel like trying out the Third Classes... So Im gonna download it and trying it out, anyone wanna join? PvP is godly in this game :D

Btw has anyone even played this game?

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Ragnarok Online
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 11:34:49 am »
Try talking to guild member Ragnarok, this is a long shot, but he might have played it before.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:23:44 pm »
Wait they named a game after me? Jking

Sorry I haven't played it, but am interested.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 05:15:40 pm »
This is my game. I've put hundreds of hours into this game, and it's the MMO I have the most experience with. It's a good game, and PVP is actually really fun. All classes are equal and useful in PVP. :D

If anyone has questions, ask and I'll answer.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:42:15 pm »
Do you have to pay to play it? How does combat work? What are the graphics like? What is pvp like?

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 05:57:13 pm »
I believe they have a free server, but the rates are even lower than normal. Combat works the way most MMORPG's work. You walk upto things, hit them and use skills. The graphics are 2D sprites, but they're decent 2D sprites. PVP is the strongest part of the game. Job balance is pretty much great, and has two types of PVP.

There's WoE, which is a guild vs guild PVP, where you fight in castles trying to break emperium (a giant piece of gold), and then that castle becomes your's. Then there's arena style PVP, where you just go in and duke it out with everyone.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 06:09:04 am »
Ragnarok Online... That could possibly be the MMO with the largest amount of private servers... I play private servers because 1. Im not willing to pay to play that game; 2. I HATE leveling... which is why i play high rates server... just for the PvP. 3. Customs items in private server are actually really good and balanced.

Ragnarok Online graphics is one of the things that I like the most about it... that anime looking graphics are really cool. But yeah, its a clicking game... you click to attack, hit your F1 thru F9 keys for skills and what not... PvP is fast paced and intense and you actually have to know what your doing and how to properly build your character... this is the game where i started being a real hard core... researching item builds, skills, how things works and all that... hell i even became a scripter just for this game, for many different servers... making custom quests, items, fixing unbalanced things etc.

Im just saying i would like to hit it up once again before I get SWTOR and literally lose my social life :P

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
Yeah, private servers are huge in this game. I know of a private server that gets thousands of people, which is a lot for game that ISN'T WoW. RO is an awesome game, and it's eaten up a lot of hours for me, but I still love it and would probably still play it.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 05:43:02 pm »
We'll I just downloaded it. Whoever wants to join up heres the link: http://www.rock-ro.com/ go in there click download and... u know the rest... Im gonna name my Guild KoS (Stands for Kill on Sight) as i always do, but if anyone decide to join up ill make another named Furious Angels... I cant be alone in a plural named guild xP

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 02:36:12 am »
Boo! If we were gonna actually do this, a server with barely over 100 people at a time isn't acceptable. It ruins the experience. Something like RebirthRO would be better, in my opinion.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 05:23:55 am »
I did some research on Ratemyserver.net forums (which is the place to go for private servers of this game.) and i found this review about RebirthRO first 2 lines of the post: "Hey, I'm a former player/GM of RebirthRO, a Midrate/Lowrate server with a fairly large population and number 1 on the Gamesites200 ranking. I've come here to simply warn people before they go to this server. PvP/WoE is completely imbalanced due to super overpowered donation items."

Last lines of his post? "By the way, I dont know about other servers, but on RRO, GMs do not mess with WoE, its not allowed no matter what.

So there we have it, RebirthRO, once great, is now known as a place where corruption runs rampant, and the truth is banned. Go to RebirthRO at your own risk. I may be leaving some things out, but I think thats enough for now lol, I commend whoever read that whole wall of text."

A response to the thread that caught my eye: "Then once your around 255 you go to pvp. Ooooh pvp.
He gave his friends donation items, only a 1 or 2 in the begining of the servers days. Then he passed more on to them as they got larger and dominated PvP. Its extreamly tempting to pay another 80-150$ to beat your foes isnt it? Well this began as a chain recation and poeple seriously didnt realize that using mommy's credit card was so tempting while she slept, just to get a 24x 24x pixle object.

Wanna know another fun trick he used? Euro's. They are much more then USD now-a-days. So he was making AT LEAST anywhere from 200-500 euros a day. Amazing how he thought this through with his friends right? Really, its not that great of a server. When GM's cant keep their temper straight and cant spell to save their lives when the server is english. I laugh at them."

That last bit made me lol...

In conclusion... im not gonna waste my time trying that... besides i just really wanna try the new jobs while having fun, that means no leveling -.- which equals high rates :P

Offline LAZARUS

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 04:12:52 pm »
I would never go back to a high rate, regardless of anything like that. And honestly, there'll always be people who complain about GMs and donation items, if there is any. It doesn't bother me anymore. As a person who's run their own semi successful private server, and have put in the MANY hours (hundreds) into a server, and I know they put a lot of work into the things they do.

Unlike a bunch of crappy servers, that hardly know how to balance themselves out at all. But, since we were talking about the 3rd job classes, Rebirth isn't the right place for us anyway. Not sure if there's absolutely any low rates with 3rd job classes unfortunately.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 63