Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Beta Impression  (Read 7732 times)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Leaked Beta Impression
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 08:57:33 am »
Quote from: "Revalis"
They're supposed to keep your account from getting hacked.  Authenticators generate digital codes that you have to use to log into account management or the game itself. With the WoW Authenticator, there's a button you click that generates a random code that only works once. So basically everytime you log in, you have to generate a new code.

Yeah I know what they are but I didn't know they were using them for games now...What happened to the days when your key came on the outside of the box.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 09:51:05 am »
Wrong type of key.
This is an authenticator, same as RSA SecurID for companies and government. Every time you log in, you need it. Wow has had it since 2008.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 05:28:39 pm »
Fuse my brother, you need to let go of wow, just let it go....it'll be ok were here for you....

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2011, 10:45:49 am »
http://www.swtor-life.com/breaking-news/beta-test-weekends-to-start-this-september/3136/
As anticipation grows, BioWare also proudly announced today that Star Wars: The Old Republic will open “Beta Test Weekends” starting this September.

So no release before September, but possible beta testing for those who pre-ordered?

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2011, 12:17:23 pm »
When I preordered on amazon it said est ship 1-3-2012

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Re: Leaked Beta Impressi
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 12:27:55 pm »
Quote from: "Saint"

Everyone always ignores me when I say SWTOR will come out first quarter of 2012...
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 01:52:55 pm »
Quote from: "Da6onet"

Everyone always ignores me when I say SWTOR will come out first quarter of 2012...

I wouldn't put too much stock in retailers release dates.  It's more a cover your ass kind of deal there.

I expect the game sometime in November.  December would be pushing it.  If it gets pushed back to 2012...well, I dunno what I would do.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 02:02:21 pm »
Quote from: "Da6onet"

Im pretty sure the game will becoming out this calendar year since that was their main point about swtor at the EA investors conference.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Leaked Beta Impr
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 02:04:55 pm »
Well the game was available to pre-order officially from GAME UK over a month ago in store... I think we're looking for a November release.

Offline DudeWithGun

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 04:03:41 pm »
Just curious, I was on some forums and someone claiming to be a disgruntled Game Designer said the follow. It's probably crap but I thought it be worth throwing out there.

"I can tell where a lot of the delays are coming from. Right now there are two things keeping us from being able to launch (other then marketing timing)

All PvP is broken right now. I'm fucking glad I don't work in that department because they can't get their shit together. There was some internal disagreement on how player interaction should occur and it jammed up the work load for all the riggers.

The other is a serious lack of actual playing content. Bioware specifically keeps telling you (the player) that you can ignore your story for as long as you want. That's actually not true. As it stands right now you don't have much else to do other than your story and PvP... which is broken. Any footage of raiding so far has been put together by Bioware employees playing the game, not actual game play footage.

Lets see... what else... The imperial agent and the smuggler are currently broken. Most of us agree that they won't work by the time launch comes around. The issue is in the cover system. It's just not working. When day 1 comes pick any other class then those two."

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 04:35:50 pm »
where did you see this?

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2011, 05:33:28 pm »
blatant troll post, please don't repost that crap, someone might mistake it for fact. I'm currently watching IA gameplay, cover system working awesome.
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Leaked Beta
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2011, 06:03:46 pm »
Quote from: "DudeWithGun"
All PvP is broken right now. I'm fucking glad I don't work in that department because they can't get their shit together. There was some internal disagreement on how player interaction should occur and it jammed up the work load for all the riggers.

Not true. PvP is fully functional and quite popular. He could be referring to OPEN WORLD PvP, which hasn't been implemented yet.

The other is a serious lack of actual playing content. Bioware specifically keeps telling you (the player) that you can ignore your story for as long as you want. That's actually not true. As it stands right now you don't have much else to do other than your story and PvP... which is broken. Any footage of raiding so far has been put together by Bioware employees playing the game, not actual game play footage.

This is somewhat true in that space combat needs more incentive and difficulty tweaking and raids haven't been implemented yet. It's to be expected, however, since the latest build just put in the Act 3 content (the last couple of levels). I imagine the build coming up will be including a lot of endgame additions. Plus it was stated in the Q&A that they are tweaking Flashpoints where they can be played at higher difficulties/levels for better rewards.

Lets see... what else... The imperial agent and the smuggler are currently broken. Most of us agree that they won't work by the time launch comes around. The issue is in the cover system. It's just not working. When day 1 comes pick any other class then those two."

I haven't noticed any complaints about these classes, though I haven't experienced them personally.

Offline DudeWithGun

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Re: Leaked B
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011, 03:41:39 am »
Well seeing as I haven't really had the chance to play yet, I really don't know what the game is like. I figured it was crap troll post. It was on a buddy of mines Clan forum, he asking if it was real but none of them knew anything about it.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 325