Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Character Titles!  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« on: April 19, 2011, 02:21:38 am »
So I found this:

"Will Darth and Lord be player-achieveable titles and if so how rare will they be? Daniel Erickson enlightens us with some background on the titles in terms of the lore and time period, he also hints that not every Sith player will receive the title just from playing.
Hey Folks,

Darth and Lord are ranks in the Old Republic time period and while they represent an increasingly smaller percentage of overall Sith, they are clearly not at as rare as only having one or two running around in the galaxy. There are already numerous Darths (Baras, Malgus) we’ve seen who are not on the Dark Council.

It will likely not come as a surprise to most people that the titles of Darth and Lord are story-based rewards (one does not become a Darth by grinding frog-dogs) as are Master, etc. What may come as a surprise is that not everyone who completes a Sith or Jedi story will achieve them. There are always choices and those choices matter in many ways, including your notoriety and the rewards or reputation you earn. Darth will absolutely be off-limits when creating names.

Hope that helps!

Daniel Erickson"

Now... That opens up a lot of dilema for me... Personally I am going for the Master Title (or any other title for Jedis??) but the fact that my decisions are that much important for it... it will limit me when the time comes that a person really piss me off and I don't wanna go Light side option...

Now, I am willing to run through the story atleast twice to be able to maximize my character... but it would be nice if I get the title and all the good stuff from the first run :P

On a side note... I love that not everyone will have Darth, Lord, Master as it goes against the lore? i guess... i mean there really werent over 280k (counts of likes of SWTOR in Facebook) jedis and sith engaged in a battle...

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Character Titles!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 02:25:57 am »
Actually, that fits PERFECTLY with that (admittedly vague) character concept I have.  I'm definately planning on playing a Jedi that believes the will of the Force/what is best for the Republic does not always align with what the Council decrees.  As such, I could very well see him being denied the formal title of Master.  Great find!

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:27:22 am »
I'm wondering how they plan to make it a story driven "achievement" obtained only my making certain choices. I must admit I like the idea, however I always assumed it would be a Top % of the player based from Either Raids being completed or Top Ranked PvPers or both.

It will be interesting to see how they do this as if it is Story based anyone could get the titles, unless there is a increased difficulty to it (Such as high end raids or high end pvp arenas).

Furious since 2006.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:30:45 am »
RP wise, I'd like to have 'Master' for one of my characters but not the other.

I'll be pissed if I fuck up story choices and miss out on a title, though.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 10:32:49 am »
Intriguing. I look forward to seeing this play out. May be embarrassing if one of our members achieves these titles before their Masters! Ha. Should drive those of us in leadership roles to achieve these first and aid our teammates as well.

Offline Kassandra

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 11:27:01 am »
Im really liking the concept of that the decisions you make ingame actually matters

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Character Titles!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 11:38:47 am »
Remember that, for FA RP purposes, most everything you do in game is part of your "cover". Climb the ranks and get in key positions so that FA will be able to influence the coming conflict.

For this reason, you may have a certain rank in FA and a completely different rank within whatever structure you are working for. This allows you the freedom to RP your character in a completely different way than he/she may seem on the surface in game.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »
True dat boss! But its better if we make it high into the ranks in both >:D I intend to make it big into FA somewhere soon in the next few years? :P and Im gonna go around as a Jedi Master perhaps within the first month after release.

Note: I may have sounded as a powerwhore... but im not rly :S

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 07:26:43 pm »
Very interesting! I may have to rethink the way I was going to rp my character. I wonder how this will affect non-force users.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
Character Titles!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »
I think I will be content with knight if that is all they title they will allow me for choosing the grey... Knights have more flexibility and considering titles will not be based on ability or skill but completion then it really is an "empty title"

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 03:30:05 am »
FARP wise, isn't it just the Order leaders and the lieutennants that are masters? The rest are knights?

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 10:38:49 am »
yes

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Character Titles!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:54 am »
Our current leadership structure is:

Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Master
Lieutenant

It's a sort of military/jedi hybrid.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Character Titles!
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 10:36:37 am »
I think this is excellent.
Just like the answers to questions in our challenge may decide your reputation, or choices within the game may decide your light/dark force meter, it sound like there could be a hidden sub-meter that can be a companion to the light/dark force meter?

I kinda see it as completing a quest (for republic) in an arrogant way, or a gracious way. Either way, you get the xp, but you might not get much else...

The character development in this really intrigues me...

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online