Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA's V.C. : Locations  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
FA's V.C. : Locations
« on: December 03, 2007, 09:44:26 am »
This thread is solely for suggestions for locations within the Matrix, please follow the format below.

SAMPLE

REASON:  Famous Battle Scene

CLOSEST INGRESS OR EGRESS:  Mara Central HL, Mara South HL, Magog Blue Line Train.

**When we've received an ample list of locations then we'll vote on them, but till then just send in any idea you've got.**

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Anonymous

Re: FA
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 01:17:07 pm »

Reason: Only one way up to it, we have the higher ground advantage

Closest ingress: Magog West Hl

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 09:59:16 pm »
I think that we should be inside somewhere, where we can control who comes in and who comes out, that is AWAY FROM HARDLINES (or as much as possible). We want people to have to walk.

The Teahouse in International in Akasaka fits the bill. Located near Shinjuku West, the enemy has to HJ twice to get to the location's plane. This building fits the Matrix bill for beautiful epic battle scenes, too. It has only two doors, as well, so we can easily control who comes in and out. Furthermore, the building has two sets of stairs and a balcony that overlooks the ground floor. This balcony is low enough that you can shoot people from the balcony on the main floor. We could set up snipers who continuously go into Concealment and hold a steady line while everyone else fights on the ground/stairs. Healers, as well, would be able to rez from the balcony for those who die downstairs.

Pictures:

I was able to hit Manic with my Kessary-AR1 from that point. A Sniper would be able to easily hit anyone in the room in front of the balcony.

Stair-cases, and a view to the bottom from a different angle.

View (camera sitting) from the middle to the front door.

View (camera sitting) from the front door to the middle/balcony.

View from the back left corner facing the back entrance door.

View from inside the door (as shown above) to the outside.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 10:22:16 pm »
Healers could also sit in the lifts/elevators

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 11:46:06 pm »
Yeah our best bet is where we can control the approaches...  Rogan has a good spot but a better one would be somewhere inside where we can control them even better.  Someplace where we can funnel them into a specific area or where they have a limited point of access.  That way our AOE's can get them and our healers will be able to stand back away from their AOE's.

DOn't know if any of you remember the RP thing we did with Dark Evo when there was like 6 of us holding Manatikluniak hostage in a small top floor of a building.  We were able to hold off almost two full teams of them.  

Remember our strong points... Capatilize on them and put the enemy in a place that heightens their own weaknesses.  IE... we are and have always been about the team work.  What takes other factiosn 10-15 people to do we do with 5-6.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:31:40 am »
yeah I like that place ana found the only gripe I had was too many entry points... The ideal setup would be one thats small enough for snipers to hit from a balcany and healers be somewhere safely healing and with only one way in and out.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 03:52:24 am »
aye, the manatikluniak thing was fun. i like Ana's place, that being said we will also need to get back into the arena promptly..

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 01:23:43 pm »
Quote from: "NoCry"
aye, the manatikluniak thing was fun. I like Ana's place, that being said we will also need to get back into the arena promptly..

Thus the reason each team will have a recaller.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 02:45:57 pm »
yes ana, however, 2 patcher/ recallers  takes away from fighting ability; do we have anyone else prepared to go patcher (assuming ana is one). Also, before we all look like plums for only like 4 of us turning up has it been made sufficiently clear that people are expected to attend this event from FA. it is pointless having a hunt FA event if they get us and wipe us out by pure force.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 04:26:39 pm »
How many of us in total are going to be there?

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 06:11:36 pm »
I think most of everyone.  Though let's do an official sign up to make sure.

http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?msg=76798

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 11:43:51 am »
After going over some more specific strategies and tactics I realize that until we decide on a location we can not fully prepare for the upcoming battle, so let's start focusing on where we're gonna hold this shin-dig.  

LOCATION:  Westview Exile Hideout that becomes a cave system with green-headed exiles.  (Rawlins Corner I think)

REASON:  Interesting decor and plenty of places to attack from and from different levels.  And we can suprise them by coming at them from all sides. (I'll make a run through of the place tonight just to refresh my memory because I may have this place totally wrong)

CLOSEST EGRESS: Aside from the fact that it's in an Exile Hideout which only has one entrance, you've got only one entrance into the cave system.  Closest HL is Lucero Point West. (if I'm right about it being the Rawlins Hideout)

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 10:16:31 pm »
LOL... yeah let's decide on a place....

I like Ana's place but the only thing about it is I think it can allow for to much spread out of battle.  It also has that landing on the stairs above the main floor which would allow for snipers or knifers to sneak up there an cause us to keep running up and down.  

I do however like the decor and feel of the place.  One of the places we've done it before is the Sai Kung C Dojo... Or another dojo or a fight club.  I really like the idea of limited entrance into the place but yet good enough access so that our members if need be can make a run back in.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 10:45:18 pm »
Yeah I agree I just like the balcony idea.. Having our snipers up there would buy them sometime before the reds caught on to their location.  The dojo with a balcony would pwn :)

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 01:58:24 am »
what about the neo fight club? it has only one entrance down there and we can bottleneck them. Shit place for snipers though.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11