Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA's V.C. : Strategies & Tactics  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
FA's V.C. : Strategies & Tactics
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:01:08 am »
This thread is only for discussion about combat tactics and strategies.

To be successcful we must come up with a proper plan of attack / defense.  Suggestions and discussion are to be made on this thread and once enough are gathered they will be put to a vote.  Please follow the format below.

SAMPLE

STRATEGY:  Confuse the enemy by not gathering together as a full force until the exact moment the battle is to begin.

TACTIC:  Each member is to pick a hiding location within the district of the battle and only the Team Recaller will be at the actual battle site and upon execution all members will be immediately recalled to the battle scene.  This will confuse enemies and keep them searching for us until we are ready to act.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: FA
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:47:58 am »
STRATEGY:

Sniper teams

Sniper team(s) will be on a seperate team. A leader e.g. Daggo (since he knows his stuff :p) will tell us all via TS (Yes, I will login to TS for once, although I dont know the ip) to target one guy and we'll all shoot the living daylight out of the poor soul. This way it'll be easy to knock down the enemy.

The getaway tactics - Sniper teams

Are we allowing HJ? If so, HJ will be the best tactic, but we all must jump to different locations and then regroup. The problem with this is that we'll all be leaving the fray for a minute. Another tactic could be 3 shoot, 3 run back to get into sneak etc. Also, we could use one team member as a recaller.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 12:23:08 pm »
We need to decide how the teams will be set up Yotogi.  If you are specifying team recallers and buffers then it makes sense for those buffers to stack up according to the team they're in: for example a guns/fists team would want different buffs to a hackers/healers team.

Also, do Patcher Daemons only respond to their own team, or heal any friendlies?  In the event I can make it I may consider loading PD and recall, and see what else I can fit on the top.  At least that way I'll stand half a chance if a red does stumble upon me.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 01:45:33 pm »
STRATEGY:  Effective recalling / buffing / healing during large scale battles.

TACTIC:  Have (at least) 2 members designated as healers/buffers and recallers.  The two shall work on a rotation whereby one will be healing fighters while the other one is supporting the battle so it is very important for both dedicated healers/recallers to have a supplimental build to help fight.  They should work in shifts of 5 - 10 minutes each to give both a fair opportunity to fight.  

While healing/buffing/recalling that player needs to be close to the fight somewhere in a hidden location but out of sight of the enemy.  (i.e. inside a nearby building on a random floor).  This allows the fighters to make a quick recovery from any wounds sustained in battle but also a quick re-entry into the fight.

By having a buffer/recaller, any player fighting can give a yell for a recall any time his buffs wear down, get rebuffed and again quickly re-enter the fight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HyperJumping is a tactic which should be used sparingly because it means one less player on the field and when you jump out that leaves your opponent free to attack someone else; someone who is usually already being attacked.  Hyperjumping is of course definitely acceptable when being attacked by an Agent or when not doing so would mean your death.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Destyn; I will make sure to get your Patcher question answered when I get home this evening.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 05:50:01 pm »
The other day I was the subject of a state called decelerator (excuse spelling); I have now acquired an accelerator bit which buffs all friendlies; I think we need to lay our hands on and use a decelerator bit. Not one person will be coming after us clean, we need everything we can get our hands on.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 06:42:21 pm »
Quote from: "NoCry"
The other day I was the subject of a state called decelerator (excuse spelling); I have now acquired an accelerator bit which buffs all friendlies; I think we need to lay our hands on and use a decelerator bit. Not one person will be coming after us clean, we need everything we can get our hands on.

:2'(   :'(   My God I don't even know what that means... I'm assuming it has to do with the new baddie that is around but I hadn't heard of any new items, pills, etc.... GIVE ME MY COMPUTER!!!   :'(  :2'(

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 09:05:05 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"
Quote from: "NoCry"

:2'(   :'(   My God I don't even know what that means... I'm assuming it has to do with the new baddie that is around but I hadn't heard of any new items, pills, etc.... GIVE ME MY COMPUTER!!!   :'(  :2'(

It's an effect caused by the Intruder.  He can "accelerate" RSI's to make them faster and stronger, or "decelerate" them for the opposite effect.

NoCry, how did you come in possession of these bits?  During an event, I presume?

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 09:18:17 pm »
I have two loadouts specifically for healing.

(Numbers are assuming that the best healing points title buff is applied + improved hacking on power tactics)

One is a pure healing loadout; this loadout spits out 1452 HP every 10 seconds while out of interlock (reason being, the 3.0 Group Heals don't work in interlock, so you have to downgrade to 2.0's). However, it spits out 1320 HP every 10 seconds while in interlock. This loadout also has the core buffs, such as Improved Hacking, Sweep Party 2.0, Efficiency, Combat Tactics 1.0, Recall Team Member, and Revive RSI.

The second is a hybrid healer with Force Multiplier; this loadout spits out 1376 HP every 10 seconds out of interlock. However, it spits out 1248 HP every 10 seconds while in interlock. This loadout has the core buffs, such as Improved Hacking, Sweep Party 2.0, Efficiency, Combat Tactics 1.0, Recall Team Member, and Revive RSI. However, this loadout also has Deflect Virus 1.0, Combat Aura 2.0 (Melee/Ballistic Damage 25pts), and Deflect Bullets 1.0, as well.

However, I would like to remind everyone that team heals and team area buffs no longer work outside of the current team. That means that we would have to divide the heals up among separate teams to ensure that each team has at least one healer. Otherwise, if we stick two healers on the same team, those healers are only helping 4 attackers (with nearly double the amount of heals) versus the 10 that healers on two separate teams (with only single amounts of heals). Separating the healers, though, decreases their life span because it's easier to kill a lone healer than two healers healing each other (double the amount of heals).

Healer placements are a double edged sword. Personally, from my personal experience as a healer in nearly every major PVP battle we've had for a while, I would say that we should split the healers up and equip each healer with the first loadout that I suggested (healer only, sans FM). If certain situations arise that a Force Multiplier is needed, then the loadouts of the healers could be switched out. However, most of us already have Viral Deflect and Hyper Dodge loaded in some of our loadouts, and the damage only helps the Martial Artists and Gunmen. Those FM abilities eat away at IS, as well, even if you have all IS clothing on.

Or, as an alternative, we could place one primary healer on each team with the first loadout suggested, and also equip each team with a hybrid MA, much like NoCry's loadout. That way, we still have someone dealing out damage (or at least keeping someone in interlock at bay) while being able to support the primary healer through the secondary heals.

I will give my loadouts to whoever else is going to heal, along with a general set up for a hotbar for both loadouts.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 09:18:45 pm »
Recalling during a fight might be called bad sportsmanship.  I'm just putting that out there, if I were red I'd probably call on it.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 09:48:34 pm »
Hell killing every last one of em might be called bad sportsmanship lol :)

Im actually trying to decide between hyper dodge and hyper sense.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 10:20:25 pm »
Hyper sense Pirus, they won't use many special attack gun moves, but they will be uber knives.

I'll take those loadouts if you're offering, Ana.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 03:58:53 am »
bought the bit from marketplace manic; given the threads on recurssion i got a good price. as to loadouts i will have my hybrid heal and will be using heals. We really really need more than one healer however or else ana is truly dead and only healing one team.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 05:44:18 am »
I'll e-mail you the loadouts today, Destyn.

NoCry, as long as you keep your heals going (and as long as I keep Sweep Party on), we should be OK. We'll have a lot of people guarding us, as well.

I'll be in-game today farming for Antibiotics. I'll hand some out, as well, to those who come, in case you can't get in game to farm them for yourselves.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 07:01:37 am »
I say we should have one recaller and one healer per team. I don't have a very good healing loadout but I could be a recaller.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 01:20:21 pm »
The healer can be the recaller as well. Like I said in my post, both of my loadouts have Recall and Rez. I'm not going to have someone waste 32 memory slots just so we can get recall. It isn't happening.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 7