Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 Tips  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Guild Wars 2 Tips
« on: September 06, 2013, 08:02:00 pm »
Since so many of us are playing it at the moment, I thought I would provide some basic resources with my little knowledge.

Leveling 1-80 - http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/68031-gw2-1-80-dynamic-events-mostly/

There are many methods, but I used this dynamic quest chain guide and it moved pretty quick! I also did my class story whenever I was high enough level for it. You'll notice there's a gap between 60-70 in this guide. By the time I hit level 59, I had enough gold to get cooking 1-400 very quickly, and gained 10 levels doing that.

Level 80 Gearing - http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

Once you hit level 80, you'll want to make sure you gear up as WvW uses that gear. Make sure you figure out what stats are best for your playstyle, and Exotic gear is your ultimate goal. I did this quickly by accumulating gold and just buying the pieces outright. Arch and Setun can also craft a lot of these high end gear if you can buy them the crafting mats. They rarely come on the forums, so your best bet is to catch them in game.

Goooolllllddddd - http://www.almarsguides.com/gw2/farming/

I'm still finding the best way for this, but my best piece of advice is sell everything you can on the trading post - even crafting mats (collectibles). Unless your planning on leveling up all your crafting or collecting them to give to someone else to craft, there's no sense in hoarding them in your inventory when you can be flipping them for the gold that gets you Exotic gear a lot faster.

When there are special events going on, that's usually the best way to get gold fast, but those come and go. It looks like some people do Champion farming, but I haven't tried that myself. I've tried using the Cursed Shore events in the guide posted above, but I think a lot of this has changed since these guides were posted. I'll have to keep looking to see what's most effective. I believe some of the best ways will involve grouping up, but that won't always be possible.

Guild Stuff

We have the guild in game, so make sure you get invited if you're playing. Also make sure you are REPRESENTING the guild, as its the only way we get guild XP that we can use to start doing cool guild things.

As with almost all of our games, we try to have a guild uniform or at least a color scheme - usually white with a little black. The white (Celestial) and black (abyss) dyes in this game are VERY expensive! Never fear! I found two dyes that look almost indistinguishable (depending on the material of your armor) from the contrasting black and white, and they are CHEAP. Make sure you pick up "Sea Ice" and "Midnight Yew". If you find that one seems a little bluish or the other a little greenish, you might want to look through some others to see if someone else works better for your armor. Customize how you see fit.

The guild also has its own "official" uniform that we've unlocked. You can buy it for 1 gold off the guild armor/weapons vendor and put whatever stats you want in it. The medium armor looks awesome (it even has wings on it!). It has our "emblem" - unfortunately not our FA symbol, but a cool look sword with wings coming out of it! At the very least do the color scheme, but if you like the armor look and have the one gold, pick it up!

PvP

There are two different types of PvP - matched PvP and WvW. Matched PvP has its own automatic gear that can't be upgraded. You're basically just playing set matches similar to SWTOR. WvW is an eternal struggle between our server and two other servers for territory. It has its own leveling system and such. Even at a low level, you are bolstered to 80, though being level 80 with all your stats and gear is obviously more effective. I haven't done a LOT of WvW yet, but the potential is there to be a lot of fun if we can get a nice group together.

Dungeons

I don't know much about dungeons. Some people run them for gold. Other people are chasing after Ascended gear, which is slightly better than Exotic gear. Apparently it is a huge grind to get Ascended, though, so I haven't even looked into it too much.

Please add to this if you can. Some of you probably know more than I do about the game!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:10:31 pm by Tbone »

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2 Tips
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 08:58:35 pm »
I still check here relatively often. I'm 400 weapon crafting and cooking (food is an amazing way to bolster stats and get bonuses like magic find to help get better loot or increased xp)

If you guys need anything just let me know. I'm always down to help with any area / dungeon since we scale down anyway. In regards to gold, champion and event farming is one really nice steady way to make gold. Trading post, as Tbone mentioned, is a great way to make money. Especially since there have been an increase in demand for materials with the new increase to some crafting professions and new crafting materials as well. I just recent made 21g on just selling a few ancient wood planks.

If you want to try to gamble and play the flipping game you can always use www.tpcalc.com (automatically figures in the sales tax and shows your profit based of the price you bought something and what you plan to sell it for)  and http://www.gw2spidy.com/ ( shows the history of items on the market place. Show's how many listings, what the price jumps have been, etc.)

WvW is a really decent place to level depending on who's commanding. If a "train" is going on, it's probably one of the easiest and best ways to get xp and gold since 1) you're farming events and champs from taking over towers and keeps and 2) champs drop bags which contain even more money and gear that you can sell.

If you guys ever need anything you can always just /w Archnemesis Velox

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 80