Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Roleplaying in the Furious Angels: Guidelines/Suggestions  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Roleplaying in the Furious Angels: Guidelines/Suggestions
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:27:41 am »
I wanted to talk about how your character can fit into the narrative of the Furious Angels as well as standard roleplaying procedure in and out of game. If you haven't done so yet, read our history and background.

Your Backstory

First of all, I want you to have as much freedom as you can with it without breaking the story we already have. I also don't want to put pressure on anyone to intensely roleplay all the details of the FA backstory or the Star Wars lore in general. We simply have a certain...you could say style about us, and I want to make sure everyone is on board with it.

When coming up with the backstory to your character, I would prefer that anyone who is a "core" member of FA (that is, someone who was there when Tbone arrived) be someone who has been with us all the way back from our Matrix Online days. It's a nice nod to our vets. That being said, it isn't mandatory that you be a core member if you have been with us from MxO.

The story of your character joining the Furious Angels should include some form of following the signal and ascending. You can get creative with this. Perhaps the Angels made a special trip to find you. Perhaps you misinterpreted what the signal was. It doesn't have to be the cut-and-paste version is what I'm saying. From there you can make it your own. Just try to read all the details about our current situation, which is preparing at Iego, waiting for the right time to insert ourselves into the situation.

Roleplaying In Game

Uniform

We typically do light roleplay in game when we are in a large group. We will most likely come up with an FA uniform. It will probably be white. If the game allows us to use this uniform for combat situations, we will wear almost all of the time. If our combat is restricted by it in any way, it will essentially become social gear, used in non-combat situations.

General Vibe

Roleplay typically takes place during recruitment, PvP, guild interactions, and of course RP events. We roleplay as a quiet, secretive cohesive unit. As such, the best roleplay you can do is usually not saying anything at all. There is nothing more effective than 50 people in uniforms in formation and not saying a word. Silent but deadly. We don't respond to any egging on. We don't brag or rub things in others' faces. We want people to say "who the hell were those guys and how do I join??" after we disappear. The group RP comes before the individual RP.

In PvP

PvP with a purpose. We discourage trash talking, and part of the way we do that is by using RP terms in PvP. So instead of "lol newb" you might say "Another Sith finds the Light too bright...". Maybe a bad example, but you get the idea. It's not fantasy, so it's not "Hail good sir" BS. If you're a smuggler, you might be a bit of a wise-ass. Just remember that the group RP comes before your individual RP.

In Recruitment

You want to be secretive with recruitment. You want the conversation to quickly go to "Follow the signal...". Typically you will sense something in them, but you're not sure if they are ready. They have to take the journey alone - you can only show them the door. That kind of stuff. Great potential, but are they ready?

Events and Meetings

Obviously events and meetings will be a case by case basis. We will always wear our uniform and every part of it. If anyone has a different look, it might be Tbone. In MxO he was the only one without a hat. Just something to distinguish him as the speaker, or leader. We usually stand in formation and only speak if we are addressed or perhaps if you have something thoughtful to say. Again it will depend on the situation. The important thing is uniform and formation.

On Your Own and Among Other Angels

Your welcome and encouraged to RP on your own, though it isn't required. You're not expected to always be in character, and in most cases it will just be distracting to gameplay. Not everyone likes to roleplay, and we want you to play the game how you want to play. When group up to do questing and experience game content, we will almost never RP. Maybe if some guy runs up to you and asks you about your guild, you can give him a quick line about the Signal and send him the link. Like I said, light roleplay. Other than that, no one is expecting or even wanting you to be in character while you grind 15 space slugs.

In Teamspeak

You never need to be in character on Teamspeak. That would just be weird, unless it's some new roleplay event that someone is trying I guess...

Questions? Let me know!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: Roleplaying in the Furious Angels: Guidelines/Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:15:16 am »
In regards to the uniform, I know a while back it was noted that the color of your clothing in-game was dependant on the color of your chestpiece.  Or something along those lines?

Is that still how it works?  Will we all have to select a white chestpiece at character creation?

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:25:51 am »
Manic you cant select the color of your chestpiece at character creation. Also yes they still have the option in the  game to have your gear match the colors of your chestpiece.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »
I'm so going to keep my hood down. :)

Good write up, sure fits what we've been doing for years.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: Roleplaying in the Furious Angels: Guidelines/Sugges
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 12:37:51 pm »
Quote from: "Ragnarok"
Manic you can't select the color of your chestpiece at character creation. Also yes they still have the option in the  game to have your gear match the colors of your chestpiece.

I guess I misunderstood.  I thought you picked your chest piece at character creation, then any gear you collected would be automatically altered to match.  Which worried me, because that sounds terrible.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Roleplaying in the Furious Angels: Guidelines/Su
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 01:07:16 pm »
No, that sounds like a super hero MMO. Gear is not part of character creation.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 287
  • Dot Hidden: 0