Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Our Next MMO (2010?)  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Re: Star wars baby
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 06:56:57 pm »
I would move more towards TOR, as I am a huge SW fan and I agree that SOE has killed off so many of their other MMO's so quickly. They seem to only care about the initial release and then slowly start to decrease the amount of new content and begin permoting whatever they have in development.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 04:47:54 am »
I cant believe no one has mentioned Star Trek Online that game looks pretty good.. maybe its the glory of the newest movie fueling those thoughts though.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 05:41:58 am »
Quote from: "Pirus"
I can't believe no one has mentioned Star Trek Online that game looks pretty good.. maybe its the glory of the newest movie fueling those thoughts though.

I'm skeptical on how they're gonna make this work... plus it's already been cancelled once and have now changed developers.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 07:37:47 am »
I can't believe no one has mentioned Star Trek Online that game looks pretty good.. maybe its the glory of the newest movie fueling those thoughts though.

STO looks like it will be awesome.

I'm also interested in seeing where DCUO goes, even though it is another SOE title.  

It is the game that sealed MXO's fate, after all.  It had better be worth a damn.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 07:11:17 pm »
Quote from: "Tecknik"

STO looks like it will be awesome.

I'm also interested in seeing where DCUO goes, even though it is another SOE title.  

It is the game that sealed MXO's fate, after all.  It had better be worth a damn.

I, for one, am not confident that the Star Trek universe can be supported by the likes of those who play MMOs.  This may have changed, but in the Star Trek Universe, the ship itself was a character and operating the differenet functions of the ship was how the crew interacted with this character.  With ships  being reduced to not much more than mounts with "high tech" armament,  (no interiors, inability for your human crew to man different stations) the Star Trek world loses alot of its best content.

As far as DCUO: SOE will candy coat, cheese up, water down and indumbinate (yes, I said in-dumb-inate) this game also.

Besides, living in a "world" where everyone is a super-hero isn't as cool as it sounds.  The idea of a world where everyone you see is a cheesed out costumed ego-maniac, turns my stomach.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 07:27:25 pm »
I'm with Phienyx on both accounts.  I will still keep an eye on DC from time to time but it is the very corny cartoonish side of these characters, not the dark, moving stories at least I love about them.

Also, I would never step foot in a Star Trek game.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 02:34:13 am »
I would be all over TOR like shit on shit.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 04:39:45 am »
Holy Fucking Shit of Tbone!

Your character gets its own voice during the game! :O

"TOR will be the first fully voiced MMO – Every playable character (male and female) and every non-playable character in the game will be brought to life by voice actors - resulting in several thousand speaking roles and hundreds of thousands of recorded lines of dialogue! This gives players a compelling and immersive story telling experience."

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 12:22:55 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"

"TOR will be the first fully voiced MMO – Every playable character (male and female) and every non-playable character in the game will be brought to life by voice actors - resulting in several thousand speaking roles and hundreds of thousands of recorded lines of dialogue! This gives players a compelling and immersive story telling experience."

This seems odd to me.  I actually prefer it if my character doesn't speak except through the chat window, when I want them to speak.  I don't want the game deciding what my character says.

Maybe it will be tied into the game's emotes, so we can activate them at our choosing.  That way we'll have some control over whether our characters speak or not.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 12:53:39 pm »
Could be good, but could take away from the personalization of the game depending on how they do it. EQ2 implementing that for NPC chars was great, but for PCs? eh...

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Our Next MMO (2010?)
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 01:17:04 pm »
Well, from what I can tell they will have probably five generic voices to choose from at creation.

1. Nerd
2. Thug
3. Hannibal Lecture
4. Jigsaw
5. Bill Cosby

I'm sure you get my meaning, some  games will put in five generic sounding voices and you can pick from one of the five.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 01:24:33 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Quote from: "Subb"

This seems odd to me.  I actually prefer it if my character doesn't speak except through the chat window, when I want them to speak.  I don't want the game deciding what my character says.

Maybe it will be tied into the game's emotes, so we can activate them at our choosing.  That way we'll have some control over whether our characters speak or not.

I dunno - I'd love to have a thugish voice if I was a bounty hunter for example... but I do get whatcha mean :p

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Our Next MMO (2010?)
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 02:00:55 pm »
Some how, "Hold it sucka, I pity the fool who uses the Force" doesn't quite capture the Bounty Hunter presence.

:P :P :P

Furious since 2006.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Our Next MMO (2010?)
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 03:51:13 am »
Quote from: "TheSorrows"
Some how, "Hold it sucka, I pity the fool who uses the Force" doesn't quite capture the Bounty Hunter presence.

:P :P :P

Lol, no not Mistah T The Hutt :p

I meant thuggish like Jango Fett/overall Mandalorian voice. :p

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/816935/bioware-mmo-project/videos/e3live_starwarsoldrepublic.html <<< There are hundreds of voice actors... so HOPEFULLY there will be a multitude of voice options for your characters.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34