Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: The time is now (Operation Dark Fall)  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
The time is now (Operation Dark Fall)
« on: January 07, 2009, 02:31:56 pm »
Hello Angels,

I hope you've enjoyed your vacation, but it is time to get back to work. Most of you know that we've been following the progress of The Agency, but you may not know that we have also been following a game called Darkfall! We've been registered as a clan with that community since 2005.

Well Darkfall is set to go live in two weeks (January 22nd) and with The Agency still at least a year away, we've decided to focus a good part of our attention towards Darkfall for a while. So why Darkfall?

First of all, check out the site at www.darkfallonline.com. Yes it is in a fantasy setting, but the appeal is the heavy emphasis on clans. Pvp is free for all. The game mechanics work a lot like Oblivion, in that while everything has a cast timer, it goes where you are pointed much like an fps. There is no auto target or even name tags over people's head and 3rd person view is restricted to directly behind the character. This means sneaking and ambushing is basedon your own ability to hide in your surroundings. You can fully loot those you kill, but the game is centered more on skills and less on equipment. There are clan towns, ships, turrets, etc.

Our playstyle will remain the same, relatively. We are an elite force tasked to carry out the dirty work in the name of justice, punishing ganking clans and rivals, which I imagine there will be a lot of. We will also keep that same air of mystery about us, being somewhat aloof.

We have a few recruitment ideas, one that I would like to implement by the end of the week. For now we are not going with the big hacking challenge, but I would like to include the same roleplay mystery atmosphere and you can read up on that on our Darkfall Ideas thread.

With recruitment comes interviews, so I hope to see a lot of you in Teamspeak soon. A few of us have been there the last few weeks just chatting and chillin. Our success or failure with this game depends solely on our hardcore member base being excited, active, and helpful. The poll I took showed almost all of you share an interest in the game and all of you show an interest in regularly gaming as a group again. Well, this is our chance to evolve and have fun together again. To turn heads and impress people. To have those awe inspiring moments in a game. It may not be the Matrix or even The Agency but it is still FA.

If you have not done so already, register at the Darkfall forums and join our clan group. Feel free to get your feet wet with the community. We also need help developing some content for recruitment and site content. I hope to see a lot of you on a regular basis again soon. The time is now! Don't let me down!

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78
  • Dot Hidden: 0