Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Bioware Accidentally Sends Game Testing Email  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Bioware Accidentally Sends Game Testing Email
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 05:13:59 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"
I did not recieve an email... So does that mean that I am fucked?

Not anymore than the rest of us non beta sods.

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 07:55:25 pm »
I posted this on the SWOTR forums and the moderators shut the thread down.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I have a theory. (Sorry Broin, my theory does not work in your favor)

I was reading the apology letter that was posted on the SWTOR forums in regards to "Beta Survey" emails. It clearly states that some members of the community received the email and some did not. That leads me to believe that the ones that did get the email are part of the "overall beta queue" to be in beta at some point before the end of beta. Think about it, why would some get it and some not?

You would think that these big developers have some type of beta system in place to randomly pick testers, I highly doubt someone is sitting behind a desk doing, any mini miny moe. With that being said, I highly believe that if you received an email to take the survey, your email was part of the queue to be in beta.

I know they stated that these emails did not mean you were getting into beta, to me that is Bioware just doing the CYA drill. Which brings me back to why some did and didn't get the email.

Just a thought.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 08:14:49 pm »
Quote from: "Maglorius"
I posted this on the SWOTR forums and the moderators shut the thread down.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I have a theory. (Sorry Broin, my theory does not work in your favor)

I was reading the apology letter that was posted on the SWTOR forums in regards to "Beta Survey" emails. It clearly states that some members of the community received the email and some did not. That leads me to believe that the ones that did get the email are part of the "overall beta queue" to be in beta at some point before the end of beta. Think about it, why would some get it and some not?

You would think that these big developers have some type of beta system in place to randomly pick testers, I highly doubt someone is sitting behind a desk doing, any mini miny moe. With that being said, I highly believe that if you received an email to take the survey, your email was part of the queue to be in beta.

I know they stated that these emails did not mean you were getting into beta, to me that is Bioware just doing the CYA drill. Which brings me back to why some did and didn't get the email.

Just a thought.

Im in beta and didnt get one while other testers did how do you explain that?

I'm pretty sure it just went out to a chunk of their mailing list on accident.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 06:34:31 am »
They probably had some type of email scheduler that would send a bulk email to 1000 people under Beta Test Group Queue 1 A at 1:00, Group 1 B at 2:00 etc. Once they figured out the mistake, the scheduler was stopped before everyone received the email. Now my numbers are hypothetical and my theory is pure speculation.

This could explain why you didn’t get the email.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 06:43:54 am »
I got the emails. I was excited. Then I cried.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 09:31:40 am »
Quote from: "Maglorius"
They probably had some type of email scheduler that would send a bulk email to 1000 people under Beta Test Group Queue 1 A at 1:00, Group 1 B at 2:00 etc. Once they figured out the mistake, the scheduler was stopped before everyone received the email. Now my numbers are hypothetical and my theory is pure speculation.

This could explain why you didn’t get the email.

This is probably the most probable explanation.  Rather than send hundreds of thousands of emails out at once, they would reduce strain on their servers by sending batches of emails at scheduled intervals.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 238