Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Vaction time in Florida!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Vaction time in Florida!
« on: June 28, 2005, 12:52:33 pm »
August 4th I'm comming down to FL, Hollywood Area until the 7th. Anyone know any god clubs/bars? Wow, i feel like a moron for asking that about Miami. Can anyone suggest some bars/clubs they like or wanna have a drink at?
Chances are I'll be drunk on the beach for most the time, but the girlfriend wants to go shopping, so I'll have a bit of freetime.

Anonymous

Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 01:16:02 pm »
uhm... it really depends on what kind of music you listen to. if you are an enthusiast of the hard rock variety like myself then i might suggest Sofa King's. if u like anything else, then... uhm... i dunno if liquid's is still around. its ur standard oonz oonz oonz dance/techno/dnb club thing. or at least it used to be, dont really follow that stuff, not sure if its still there under that name.for hip hop/rnb clubs, then im really lost, got no fucking clue there. just listen to the radio and all the hottest clubs advertise. 93.1 FM for Hard Rock. 96.5 FM and 99.1 FM for RnB/hip hop, 96.5 also does some dance/dnb so they might advertise some clubs there too, and 100.7 FM for general teeny pop trendiness. and, 105.9 FM for Classic Rock. but yeah miami has a shitload of clubs, possibly more than any other city in the world. so theres lots to choose from. ask Xtreem, i think he might no more then myself. im something of a shut in. have fun on your Vaction! but i think while ur down here u may also want to go on vacation. oh, and my BDay is the 8th btw, so if while ur down here u want to buy me any presents, then hey that works too ^_^

a few things tho, if you're visiting any clubs in the South Beach area, particularly near Washington avenue or Ocean Drive, i wud suggest actually parking about 2 miles away and walking it if ur visiting on a weekend. Friday and Saturday nights there is about a 2-3 mile strecth of traffic, and i shit you not you will go thru it faster walking. Cabs are NOT an option. you will have to cough up an organ just to pay for the standing time. i dont care what anyone from NY or LA says, you don't know what traffic is til you've run thru Washington Ave/Ocean Drive on a Friday night around midnight.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 01:25:47 pm »
I'll be bringing my laptop so will be able to access this and TS a bit. Anyone else down there up for a few drinks?

Anonymous

Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 01:37:33 pm »
seven is in florida, i'm sure he'll take you clubbing

of course, you'd get kicked out of FA because being in his presence would make you filthy dirty (in the bad kind of way, not like the good kind of way you are now)

so, i guess you'd better not take the chance and just vacay at my place .... :p

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 02:03:38 pm »
Who's seven?

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 02:42:50 pm »
dude youve been around longer than me and I know who he is.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 02:54:27 pm »
I was just kidding.... The boss guy in downtown, right?

I've seen him around, but never had any interaction or talked with him before.

Anonymous

Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 05:05:53 pm »
lmao

if you don't remember him, it's OKAY!!!! he's FORGETABLE ...

wait ... who?

Anonymous

Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 08:11:35 am »
Ill be down in Miami working that time.  Let me know if you want to do something, I know most of the techno clubs.

Anonymous

Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 05:26:15 pm »
I'm gonna steal away fuse's thread :)

I'm most likely going to be in Washington DC from July 25 to Aug 5 and yes while it is a business trip...well I still need to have fun. So anybody live around that area that could possibly show me around or tell me some good places to hit up while I'm down there?

*and yes this is why i have been so busy lately...I'm moving up in the world and damnit I can't seem to fit in my game time I miss my 2 months off so horribly...but its nice to have money again* :)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 07:51:43 pm »
ok, I'm actually going to be staying on the beach in Hollywood, not  Miami, but I will be down there a little bit.

Archon, PM me youre email again, so maybe we could hit up a club or something.
Also I want to take my girls aunt and uncle out for a nice dinner one night - they're in miami, near  Ft.L. - know any nice places we could take them to?

Anonymous

Vaction time in Florida!
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 05:37:20 am »
well... everyone has different opinions, but if you're really looking to wow em, I LOVE the Melting Pot. it's a pure Fondu place. they bring u all kinds of bad ass raw fish, shrimp, lobster, chicken, choice meats, stuffed pasta, and u dip it and cook it on the spot in fondu pots. i dunno what it is, but the food there just tastes 5times better than anywhere else i eat. it can get a little expensive, around $90-100 a couple for a 3 course meal, not including drinks, but the food doesnt get any better and the atmosphere is real nice too. P.F. Chang's, never eaten there but im pretty sure its Chinese food, but REAL chinese food, not pork fried rice and shit like that as i understand, around the same price range, but ive heard a lot of good things. a little cheaper than that wud be Don Shula's Steakhouse, but still a VERY nice place... and anything cheaper then... you're talking like the Olive Garden or something... just do a google search on Melting Pot Miami or P.F. Chang's Miami or whatever and u'll get more info and adresses.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 18