Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: "Heroes"  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: "Heroes"
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 06:20:03 pm »
I like it so far. They have their first famous quote: "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 01:14:15 am »
I am loving this show, and the Matrix reference didn't escape me either ("Suresh?  Must be a common name back where you're from.  Like Smith, or Anderson", he says, paraphrasing).  Anyway yeah all they need to do now is get rid of that man whose only ability is to talk through the side of his mouth like he's constantly cracking jokes.

And is it me, or does everyone have a special power?  I mean, everyone?

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 01:55:18 am »
Ando-kun doesn't, neither does the FBI lady...or the telepath dude's wife...or the guy banging her XD

However...this is all speculation since there seem to be many secrets... *dramatic fanfare*

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 03:42:02 am »
Well that may be true, but Micah didn't until the other day..... DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNH

Edit:// My take on that Side-Mouth-Talking-Power-Guy... he can use other people's powers.  Think about it.  He flew when his brother did.  He draws pictures like that crackhead does.  He's mirroring them, I reckon.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 05:55:31 am »
That's been my theory so far, too, yes. I also think that mister Hindu son-of-mutant-studying-doctor-dude-type-too-long-of-a-name-person has the power of seeing/hearing/speaking with the dead. Pretty interesting.

Now...who's your favorite character? Definitely Hiro for me. He's always so excited about everything, and he has this interesting perspective of the world ever since he discovered his power. He's also funny as hell. And naive.

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 06:29:55 am »
I quite like freaky devil-twin girl because she gave in so easily to the "dark half", that will be an interesting storyline to play out

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 12:09:40 pm »
Hiro is the coolest! On his blog he posted his bio.

Name: Hiro Nakamura
Favorite Manga: Jojo's Bizzare Adventures  
Favorite Comic: X-Men
Favorite TV: Star Trek
Favorite Movie: Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Favorite Singer: Britney Spears
Favorite Game: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Series
Favorite Phrase:一期一会

jojo's bizzare adventure is a long running popular manga series in weekly shonen jump that i read along with naruto,bleach,one piece, dbz, gintama, kenshin, and the list goes on and on.. He has a bad taste in music however, but his favorite games are what caught my attention the most.

http://blogs.nbcuni.com/hiro_blog/2006/09/hi.html

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 12:39:25 pm »
You guys are so far behind if your just now picking up on peter mimicing powers around him.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 12:42:33 pm »
Yeah, angst guy has figured out that he can absorb or reflect the powers of the people around him - I think that's a given at this point.

I'm not so sure that doctor guy has powers to communicate with the dead as much as it is that his sister-he-never-knew-he-had-that-was-special had (or has) powers that relate to her being able to somehow communicate with him. It's obvious that SHE is the one pointing things out to him, so I would guess she would be the one with the power or control. Perhaps she had the power to enter people's dreams and though her physical presense is gone, she lives on in the dream world or something crazy like that.

Interesting title of the last episode - seven minutes until midnight. I believe that was the time that doctor-dude noticed Skylar's watch was frozen at when he dreamed of his dad's death. Other times in the episode they zoomed up on that watch. I'm guessing something happened or happens to Skylar at exactly that time. What's cool about this show is that time really isn't a variable. For all we know, Skylar could be one of our main heroes who takes a turn for the worse and ends up back in time.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 12:43:49 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"
You guys are so far behind if your just now picking up on peter mimicing powers around him.

Haha, I was trying to be nice about it =P

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 01:30:04 pm »
I still have an episode to watch so I'm forgiven :D

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 04:15:20 pm »
the indian dude is mohinder suresh or however you spell it.
and micah always had powers.  how was he fixing his motherboard or whatever?  isn't he like 7?

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2006, 04:22:06 pm »
Okay, ready for the guy who always asks the dumb questions? Well, I'm here! What in the hell are you guys talking about? I've come to the conclusion this is some "uber" show on T.V.? So when you guys read this and say "oh he's a moron" please be kind to lil' ol' Wood :P

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2006, 04:37:43 pm »
NBC Mondays.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2006, 06:05:00 pm »
It's a television show about "ordinary people" suddenly realizing they have unique gifts, the tale of them trying to cope with them, and the epic story of others wanting a slice of the power pie. As it were. Either way, it rocks my socks. I've been watching every single episode, as well as archiving them on my computer. I have episodes 1-8 in HD with Dolby Digital 5.1 preserved in the avi. They're quite big as far as file sizes (considering their only episodes and not whole movies), but I think it's well worth it.

My friends and I always start theorizing what's going on in the story, and whenever we need to double-check something, I just fire up the needed episode, we watch it, and then the debate begins all over again XD

P.S. It rocks my socks.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online