Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Not at Least 30? No Video Game for You!  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
Not at Least 30? No Video Game for You!
« on: January 18, 2007, 12:18:53 pm »

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Not at Least 30? No Video Game for You!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 12:40:27 pm »
yeah i read this at like 7 am well atleast it doesn't effect us here .... that being said 30 is a bit extreme.  I could see 21 but 30?  It just seems like they drew an age out of a hat and thought oh ok 30 works.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:03:40 pm »
Dude, you can run for US Senate before you can buy CounterStrike? That would be awesome.

Just as note: As I dugg deeper into the story, it turns out that no where in the bill does it say 30, it say to a minor and in the state of NY a minor is 18 and down.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 02:37:50 pm »
inquirer is garbage, stick with digg.com

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:32:25 pm »
Quote from: "Eroz"
Just as note: As I dugg deeper into the story, it turns out that no where in the bill does it say 30, it say to a minor and in the state of NY a minor is 18 and down.

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/01/15/ny-bill-limits-racial-religious-violence-in-games/

Yes it does. BTW I understand it will probably never happen but I thought it would make for fun conversation.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 06:49:49 pm »
Quote from: "Lithium"

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/01/15/ny-bill-limits-racial-religious-violence-in-games/

Yes it does. BTW I understand it will probably never happen but I thought it would make for fun conversation.

Just like you would never think they could ban a whole city from using Saturated Fats... but they did

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:51:17 pm »

Where in the bills text does it say 30? And if you look at the second article you posted it say it would only "check" the ID of those who appear under 30, they do the same thing will smoke and drinks today, if you look young they still check see your of age and sell you the item.

Quote from: "Boombye"

Digg isn't any more reliable then Inquirer, the story is inaccurate and it still has 629 diggs. And all it is, is a link to the Inquirer's story.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 10:18:28 pm »

Sorry, I just had to laugh at this.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 10:59:53 pm »
These restrictions are already in place.... you need to be 17 or 18 to buy M rated games? What are they trying to achieve then Eroz?

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 10:20:54 am »
My point was, if you wanna go somewhere to read about anything, from posts like those found on inquirer, to anything that's of any importance to you, digg is a place where you can find yourself addicted to reading crap all day.  

Inquirer is indeed garbage, the people that usually comment on Digg are garbage, but atleast there's a wide variety of BS to legit stuff to read up on.

Anyways, you wouldn't have to be 30 to purchase the games, but if you looked like you were under 30, they'd just card you like they do with cigarettes..

Apparently she was probably paid off by Hillary to pass such a bill because Hillary lost a lot  of support from the younger crowd for her attempt to ban free speech last time, when she was trying to ban violent video games or some crap. I do not support Hillary in any way and really dislike her, she's all about ego, so I think she put this woman up to it, to try and garner support from conservatives while saving face.

Anyways my whole point on that digg thing is that you should really check it out, and you'll find lots of entertaining reads that link back to their sources and what not.. But I usually go on to check out gaming and tech news as I can't keep track of so many different sites.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 12:12:27 pm »
These restrictions are already in place.... you need to be 17 or 18 to buy M rated games? What are they trying to achieve then Eroz?

There is no laws on the book that ban the sell of M rated video games to minors, most companies just respect the M rated and have in-store policies in which they won't sell to minors. By passing this law/other like it, the government would be able to fine the store and the buyer, but generally what happens is the government tries to go too far with it and do more then just ban the sell of M rated games to minors, and go for a full out ban.

Anyways my whole point on that digg thing is that you should really check it out, and you'll find lots of entertaining reads that link back to their sources and what not.. But I usually go on to check out gaming and tech news as I can't keep track of so many different sites.

Oh I agree that you should visit digg on a regular basis, as I do. But don't take Digg to be accurate, but the comment system works really well because it is a place were people can the factual information with link, eg this article with a link to the NY state web site with the bill's text. Time to go check digg now.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 02:50:17 pm »
Yeah lots of morons posting comments there, but it's refreshing to bury their comments or ignore users so I don't have to read their crap. With all my RSS feeds to keep up with, it's just a refreshing one stop place to goto and get entertaining links. I just found this cool site linked to on there today. http://www.smashingmagazine.com/  I just had to subscribe to their RSS feed. Cool stuff there.

oh and how could I forget this... http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/archives/2007/01/011907.html

Zefrank reminds us why we should not trust news off the internet. LOL

Visit this very addicting site when you get a chance, www.zefrank.com

Don't forget to check out the video on the Nintendo Wii:
http://www.zefrank.com/theshow/archives/2007/01/011807.html

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 04:44:16 pm »
"it will mean that you are considered mature enough to smoke, copulate, drink, drive a car, get married, and vote but not buy a copy of Counterstrike."

That'd be really funny if it were true... the someone could argue:

You're considered old enough to join the military and fight a REAL war and possibly die, but you can't buy a copy of fake war game?

lol

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 85
  • Dot Hidden: 0