Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Ilum PVP nights  (Read 4659 times)

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
Re: Ilum PVP nights
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 03:43:14 am »
Thank you to all the people who came along and special thanks to ana and strod for assisting with co-ordination. We achieved the desired effect now lets make this a regular thing.

Offline Mythrillian

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 06:55:37 am »
Quote from: "ExternalError"
Thank you to all the people who came along and special thanks to ana and strod for assisting with co-ordination. We achieved the desired effect now lets make this a regular thing.

I think the thanks goes to you. I was only there for about an hour but you Broin Mharz and Ana(Still hate you) did a great job getting everyone organized. The other members turned out and listened to directions. More important then the Valor i gained, I had a ton of fun.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:54 am »
After Ana turned the raid group over to me we carried on two more hours making sure every FA in group(Except Lan'obi who didn't say anything when we asked) got their daily and weekly PvP missions finished up.  From all accounts we dominated Illum for nearly 9 hours holding the majority of points.  Most members I spoke to during and after the raid gained 4 or more valor levels as well.

This was a huge success in my opinion and something we need to repeat on a weekly basis.  Great job everyone.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 08:02:24 am »
Thanks Mharz, good to know you guys carried on for another 2 more hours after I went to bed.  As I mentioned before this was a tremendous success and I am very thankful to all our members who showed up.  It was nice to take the fight to the empire for a change instead of fighting stragglers and avoiding the big raid group.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 08:45:05 am »
I'd also like to say thanks to everyone who showed up... There was much discussion on how hard it is for these fights to be effective for melee classes, but eventually we did have a system worked out that was far more effective than past pug illum groups.

Earlier in the day I was in a pug where they would simply hold back and pick off one or two that came close, even though at that time we outnumbered imps 2:1. I tried to tell them we needed to just push as a group and take them (we were "held up" at our base) but they refused, insisting that this was the better way to grind. I told them that FA would be back later int he day and we would not hold back.

We didn't.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 10:06:17 am »
Thumbs up! I was there for the first two hours and then passed out. When I woke up, people were still going at it!

About melee classes, apparently doing your group buff counts as participating, and if you buff up the group, you'll get the credit/valor for any kill made most of the time. I haven't tested this yet, but a few tried it this morning and said it was working.

Offline Amarantus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 10:38:38 am »
10 more levels! God damn can't wait!
I used to think I was perfect. However, thinking ones self perfect is conceit and conceit is a character flaw... I have no character flaws.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 10:51:06 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Thumbs up! I was there for the first two hours and then passed out. When I woke up, people were still going at it!

About melee classes, apparently doing your group buff counts as participating, and if you buff up the group, you'll get the credit/valor for any kill made most of the time. I haven't tested this yet, but a few tried it this morning and said it was working.

Thanks for the info T... This is great to know!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 12:24:32 pm »
I had a ton of fun helping to run this event. I was on for a little under 7 hours, and our group managed to organize all of the PUG's that were raiding along side us, whether they were in our group or not. It was a wonderful site seeing the Republic organized. We ran the battlefield for the entire time I was online, and very few people deviated from our group's direction. Even if people didn't listen sometimes, FA had enough people, healers, and clout to get people to move whenever we wanted them to without too much trouble. People were really appreciative of our efforts in helping the Republic gain the upper-hand for the day, and I'm sure the Empire was very surprised that we were able to route them for so long. The only thing I was disappointed with was the lack of PVP by Jenjidai. At about that 7 hour mark, we were so effective in routing the Empire that we could barely keep people on the point before we pushed them back too far.

This will become a once a week thing, there's no question about it. Good job, EVERYONE!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 12:48:29 pm »
Ana: MOVE FORWARD PEOPLE!
Jerk: No one cares about your damn ops group, or your direction!
Fuse: I do.
Random1: Me too!
Random2: Yeah, we're keeping them at bay
Random3: I care

^^^^
I loved that part of the night.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 01:09:01 pm »
"Sorry for the spam, everyone! I'm just trying to coordinate two different raid groups and not everyone is in mine. I know its kind of annoying when the Republic is actually winning on Ilum! "

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Mythrillian

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 02:31:18 pm »
Why did the Jerk have to be named Mithros? I kept hearing god this "myth" guy is a jerk lol.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 03:22:58 pm »
Not that time. Hate that guy. ugh.

EDIT: actually, it may have been...

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 03:48:36 pm »
Quote from: "Mythrillian"
Why did the Jerk have to be named Mithros? I kept hearing god this "myth" guy is a jerk lol.

He's from MxO days.  Had a bit of jerk in him back then too.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Ilum PVP nights
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 06:29:00 pm »
I believe he was in (La Sombra) near the end there. He was a bit of a prick and liked to crash events with his "better than you attitude".

Furious since 2006.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online