Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: The Naruto Thread  (Read 60952 times)

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2005, 02:47:31 am »
It'll pick up the fight on 131; it should at least. In the manga, the flashback actually isnt that long so it's ok calm down. Watching Sasuke makes me sick too Orien. To expand on the summary of him... Sasuke is really too self absorbed and full of so much pity for himself that he refuses himself to see anything other than killing his brother. His brother tells him how to get the improved sharingan, and like the loyal follower, Sasuke follows it. The funny thing is that Sasuke, again, is full of so much self pity that he doesn't see that he is willingly following down the same path as his brother and that by pursuing his useless goal of revenge, he will accomplish nothing but the death of his clan. That is my character analysis of Sasuke and that's why i hate him. I can't stand characters, or people for that matter, that are selfish, self-absorbed, and think their better than everybody else. Neji used to be the same way and I thought he was cool but i thought he was dickhead. I used to like Shino up until the Neji vs Kiddimaro fight. Neji saw the light and the error of his hypocritical ways and started to think of the team, and his friends, over all else(something Sasuke will probably never understand). My favorite trait in a character is selfless sacrifice which is why I love the samurai so much, they are willing to give their lives for any reason if it would serve their clan or friends better. Sasuke on the other hand cannot see that although he may have lost his family, Naruto never had one to begin with. Although Sasuke may have only felt the pain of lonliness since he entered the academy, Naruto has felt it his entire life. Sasuke likes to blame the way he is on the fact that his brother killed his clan and whatever but from situations like that, you allow yourself to succumb to the emotions. Turning the psychology, a person is never completely affected by any event in his outside environment. You only allow yourself to be affected by your own choices. If matix has taught us anything, it is the power of choice. I know i'm paraphrasing but i believe it was Covey who said, "It is in between stimulus and response that humans have the greatest choice, the power to choose that response." Everyone is responsible for their own actions and it pisses me off to see a character so wrapped up in his own life, that he refuses to acknowledge anyone elses life. He chooses to live in lonliness. Unlike Naruto, Sasuke was actually like by many people in the village but he chose not to talk to them or anything; Naruto had no choice of lonliness, eveyone didn't like him. Ok back to my point, we all know the saying, "It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all." That is the premise behind Sasuke and Naruto and Sasuke is so self-absorbed and such a complete jackass, that he doesn't see that Naruto has suffered more so than him; and the sad thing is that Naruto became a better person because of it and Sasuke became a whiny, self-absorbed, pompous dickhead. Revenge is a bullshit motive to begin with, but at least if you're gonna seek revenge, be badass with it like The Punisher. sheesh. Sorry for the essay lol, just my thoughts.

P.S. Sakura is annoying, but I would definitely hit that.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
The Naruto Thread
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2005, 09:05:02 am »
So in a nutshell sasuke just wanted Orochimaru butt sechs?

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 11:18:34 am »
Ouch Xtreem, for the sake of my eyes, use a bit of spacing to divide your thoughts next time you go on a rant like that :)

I think we are knocking Sasuke a little to hard though. In a way he has walked his own path, seperate form his brother. It seems that his time with Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura have served to make him what he is almost as much as his brother did. Him finally snapping is more a culmination of bad luck that started right after the final encounter with Haku and Zabuza.

No matter how hard he worked at something, Naruto always seemed to be the one to win it. Alot of those times it was just Naruto getting lucky, building off of what Sasuke had already done, but Sasuke could never really see that. Every time he would start on a path of acceptance and begin to move on, something would happen to draw him back into that desire for revenge.

And if you have been reading the magna, it gives a strong argument that Sasuke has chosen to walk his own path... Though the whole Orochimaru relationship is kinda... creepy. Even more so when you consider that latest in Japanese anime fangirl crazes... I mean.... wtf?

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2005, 11:26:45 am »
If Sasuke could put his arragent self aside for like two seconds he could be as good if not better than Naruto, but he feels the need to distance himself from everyone including his teacher.  His outlook doesnt seem to happy i have a feeling near the end he will realize what he was loosing and then die.  Its a text book ending, but for some reason as ive started watching the beginning episodes I cant keep that fate of Sasuke out of my head.

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2005, 06:57:53 pm »
Quote from: "ProfessorL"

No matter how hard he worked at something, Naruto always seemed to be the one to win it. Alot of those times it was just Naruto getting lucky, building off of what Sasuke had already done, but Sasuke could never really see that.

Actually, it's just because Naruto has the Kyuubi inside him and knows how to tap its power. That gives him a huge fucking advantage.

I mean, come on, try to imagine Naruto if he didn't have that insane power to save his ass every time. Do you have any idea how boned he would be?

He has a huge, unfair advantage over Sasuke that he really takes for granted.
Without it, he'd be a mediocre ninja at best.

(Yes, I know, the Sharingan is insanely strong if used right. Maybe Sasuke would be more 1337 if he got his act together and figured out how to pwn with it, but the Sharingan really can't do much compared to a huge, raw, seemingly limitless source of chakra that can be tapped at will.)

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2005, 11:42:42 pm »
Wow great news i can get 1-80 in a flash now narutochaos.com uped their speed drasticly on Media Server 1 and now im getting the episodes at my regular speed.  1-80 here i come!!!

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2005, 04:36:57 pm »
Hey Midnight before i buy Hero 2 are there any voice work in the game or is it strictly text.  And if so is it the voice actors from the show?  Where do you buy your Imports from im skeptical of Buyrite and Lik-sang as ive seen some negative reviews about how long it takes to get them.

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2005, 06:02:35 pm »
All the games I've payed for I've gotten from www.playasia.com
They're very reliable, legitimate, and nice, it just takeas a little while (unless you want to pay a small fortune for shipping) to get it here.

I also found a place called www.estarland.com that has all of the games, but for some reason I didn't feel like ordering from them. I think their prices were a bit higher or something. They seem pretty legit too.

I think in most of the games there are voiceovers, and there are voice actors.
If I remember correctly, in Narutimett Hero 2 there is a lot more new original dialogue (since it's a new side-story and not just a re-hash of the series story) and they accompany it with those scrolling text bubbles.

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2005, 06:07:06 pm »
I do feel kinda scared about using my slide card is it pretty easy to use?  And thanks for the sites il check em out. Watched some videos of Hero 2 today and was blown away.  It looks awesome.

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2005, 06:16:40 pm »
Once you've got everything set up, the SlideCard is cake to use. It's a bit creepy at first because you're not too sure if you're doing stuff right, but the instructions they give you make it insanely simple.

I'd say the only tricky part of the process is having to take off the little piece of plastic that's attached to the front of your disc-tray (because you can risk breaking a little clip that won't let you put it back on--if you ever want to).

(edit: I found that modchip site I was talking about earlier: www.modchipstore.com)

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2005, 01:06:27 pm »
Ok, first of all. Ive really been thinking about getting Narutimate Hero 2 for PS2 and modding it out just for that game. The thing is that I know the PS3 is gonna come out sometime next year and I dont know if itll really be worth it to mod out my PS2. Any opinions?

Secondly, my thoughts are rarely organized, ask Arch. I have so much shit running through my head at once that sometimes I just zone out and have to think about wtf Im thinking about. At the time, those were just my thoughts in a nutshell on how Sasuke was. If hed be more like Neji and learn from his experiences with Naruto instead of seeing himself as a loser and thinking so negatively, maybe he could come back and be cool. But that won't happen for a while.

P.S. Ive been reading the mangas a lot now and ive almost caught up to the end right now, and I must say, I like where the new series is going.

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2005, 01:09:40 pm »
Speaking of Neji. Damnit he died!  I was just getting used to his brilliant tactics in the field of battle.  He is a kickass character.  Although he appeared dead i find it hard to believe that the most powerful person from his clan dies like that. boooo

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2005, 09:00:04 pm »
What makes you think he's dead?

Anonymous

The Naruto Thread
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2005, 12:29:58 am »
Hush Midnight! Thats a bad, bad Midnight!

And wait until you get to the latest issue Xtreem, you are going to love it. Arch, same goes for you if you have been reading the magna. You get to see your favorite characters do their thing, against that crazy Akatuksi(sp?) with the giant creepy sword.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 242