Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Rust
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2014, 01:43:32 pm »
shit.  I'm sorry man.  Has it killed morale for you a bit?  Or was it not that huge of a loss?  Did they grief at all?
If they had kept the base I'd just switch servers. Or wait until they patched the game to have better defenses. But we did manage to get the base back, so we haven't lost our progress there.

Yeah, they were griefing the whole time. Playing techno music in the chat, putting barricades over beds, placing down doors as they went.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2014, 02:23:06 pm »
So, how do we get revenge?
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 02:30:51 pm »
So, how do we get revenge?

This... this really should be obvious. 

Switching servers would be admitting defeat.  "Ok, you win.  Enjoy the spoils of our fort.  We're moving elsewhere." 

No... We need to revive the FA Pain Train.  Hunting down other players and taking their camps sounds a hell of a lot more fun than constantly working to maintain our own camp.  I don't care if we're all naked and wielding a basic rock.  Let's get out there and get in people's faces.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2014, 03:38:16 pm »
WANT MORE KILLING PLZ 

CHOO CHOO MOTHER FUCKERS

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2014, 06:40:31 pm »
This....I like the sound of this. A lot.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »
Thanks to the miracle of technology, I just bought the game on my phone and it is already downloading and installing on my computer at home!

On the downside, I may be losing sleep tonight, but given the people  I'll be playing with i couldn't give less of a fuck.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2014, 07:02:27 pm »
fuck yes, I'm logging on tonight!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2014, 07:17:37 pm »
We need a balance of offense and defense. I've tried both at various times. The problem is there's a pretty large disparity between fully armored and naked. If you don't have a base, or your base gets raided, the next time you die, you have nothing. You need to be able to have a stockpile large enough to gear back up fast if it's a raid or a battle of attrition.

There's also the targets. We have to find out where they live. They're also much more skilled than us. They known the terrain, they know the cheats, they know the gear. Most of our guys wouldn't know how to even get back to our base if they got killed.

The immediate things we need to do is shore up our defenses again and gather intel. Running around with our remaining C4 in tow without knowing where we're going is a bad idea. On that note, we can't burn through C4 because we need enough to reclaim our own base if we get raided again.

As much as I know you guys want to run around and shoot things, someone has to farm the resources to build the guns and armor to do so. My suggestion right now is to gather a lot and use a little bit of it to craft yourself a Kevlar suit and a gun of your choice. Throw the rest towards defense at the moment. We're almost done with the build, and I'd really like to not leave us this exposed for much longer. Just know that if you die, all that Kevlar and the guns are gone, so you have to start the process all over.

Once the defense is complete, we'll switch to offense and start making guns, ammo, C4, armor, etc. By then our intel should be good enough that we know where to hit these guys. After that, it's relentless onslaught. Don't let them build up anything and show no mercy.

Just know that our targets are West coast. When I logged out around 5 a.m. EST they were still online. A majority of you guys logged off last night before things even got started. If you're going to start a fight, prepare to finish it. Too often some of you have logged on to stir up a hive just to log off when all the bees come out!

TLDR: Build your own offensive stuff for now - we have the research kits and recipes to do so. Help finish the defense so that ALL of our resources can start going towards the good stuff.

Edit: Also there was a patch today and Rust++ is currently off.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:20:29 pm by Tbone »

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2014, 07:34:41 pm »
Oh hell yeah!  Another Rusty scoundrel, and this time it's mother fuckin' Sared!

As for intel-gathering, I've been intentionally far-ranging in my mining (getting slightly less metal for my time, granted) as to acquaint myself with the terrain as well as scout out building locations.

Would it be a good idea to start marking all potential enemy bases on the map, and start color-coding things to make it less confusing?

Also, to those who don't know the lay of the land and have a habit of getting lost, it's imperative that YOU are out exploring/mining.  Carry minimal gear  and don't be afraid to wander.  Use /location and Rustmap to gather your bearings, and make runs between our multiple bases at various times of day/night.

I've gotten to the point where I can travel throughout the entire southern coastal mountain range between the metal fortress and my seaside base at midnight guided purely by muscle memory and the rock silhouettes against the sky.  Now, I certainly don't expect any of you to get to THAT level of familiarity, but being able to navigate those mountains is imperative to our base defense.  Last night, our ONLY weapon later on was distraction and leading them around all willy-nilly.  Hell, I (and Zero!) were able to use the terrain to sneak close enough to melee those bastards on a couple occasions.

Really, find something you enjoy and get great at it (exploring, shooting, sneaking, gathering, building, etc.).  But don't neglect the boring bits, because they lead to greater fun down the road!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Rust
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »
Making some dinner with the wife, then I'm logging in. My goal tonight is to convince someone to sing "Wrecking Ball" on voicechat. I'll be frapsing.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »
I've played enough Minecraft that I have no problem with resource collection. :D

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 07:59:37 pm »
I've moved our storage/crafting station up to the second floor. Please don't use the bottom floor anymore. For now, it's basically just a floor of doors that raiders will have to get through.

I also need to put codes on all the doors since Rust++ isn't working. THAT'S going to be a pain. Right now we need to put doors on the rest of the second floor! I also need to check some of the outside foundations...

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 12:54:14 am »
I jumped over to a more populated server and kept suiciding until I was able to meet up with someone. A few people killed me on sight, but most people were really cool. I wound up having an extended improv session with a couple guys after they refused to sing for me. It was insanely fun, and I have plenty of footage to put together.

At the end of the night I did get one guy to sing Wrecking Ball for me. Totally worth it.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2014, 01:50:19 am »
2/6

-A very productive day. Thanks to most everyone pitching in with metal, I was able to finish the doors on the second floor, get all the walls and most of the doors on the third floor set up (which will be our barracks), and put up outer walls, pillars, and half the ceiling of the final floor.
-I'll be busy most of the day and evening tomorrow and may not be able to log on. When I do, hopefully we'll have mined enough metal to finish the base and start building our arsenal!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2014, 04:02:59 am »
Well, they reset the server so now's the time to look for a different server. I'm sorry everyone for wasting our time on that base.

Non Rust++?

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 90