Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Rust Information/Log  (Read 50116 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Rust Information/Log
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2014, 03:13:27 pm »
Broin and I went back to the base to look to see if those guys had rebuilt. We think the guys who chased us off were actually other raiders, because they blew open the front doors and a few walls that didn't really lead anywhere. We blew a few more walls and got to another bedroom with phat loot, including 8 more C4. We spent that exploring the rest of the base, and came out with more guns and ammo and armor for it. I also looted a metal pillar from them!

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2014, 12:49:29 am »
**ALERT**It seems that our bases have been located, both main and west base.  I returned to our west base to find "twopenguins" running around scoping the place out.  I attempted to retreat, hoping he hadn't seen me, but was pursued and lost the firefight.  Upon spawning at the main base, I could hear multiple footsteps outside the base.  I have not yet stepped outside the base, but it does appear that they are building a set of stairs outside the NW corner of the base.  I was able to catch glimpses of at least two people in that general area. 

No one responded via TS at the time this occurred (about 0115 EST).

-update- I stripped down to cloth armor and went up to the roof armed only with a pistol.  I spotted two players who had managed to find their way up on the the rock wall facing our NW corner of the main base.  They were both at a height about equal to the roof of our base.  (if you venture up there for a look, use caution if exiting using the S door.  One of the assailants had a vantage point to cover that door.  Use the E exit).  I exchanged gun fire with one of the players who was armed with an M4.  He was not able to hit me, but I hit him twice with my P250.  The other was armed with a shotgun.  One player had cloth armor and the other kevlar.

They threw a few taunts at me via chat and voice, but I did not engage them.  The one taunting via chat was "twopenguin".   I have not yet been able to ID the other.

-update- I was able to observe that they have now built a shelter or base on the rock ledge facing the W side of our base, level with the roofline.  I was able to observe two individuals in kevlar, randomly popping shots at our base.  I was not able to get a good view of the S, but I could see a flashlight shining from that direction as well.

-Update- At the time I am signing off, (0245 EST) there are at least 3 of them still firing rounds at the base and playing random crap over voice.  It does nto appear they have yet figured out how to actually make entry.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 01:49:16 am by Phienyx »

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2014, 11:20:30 am »
Well I would like to say no harm no foul but WTH!@@#@(*YQ#RE*(Q&@$E!!!

I'm pretty pissed off. 

I don't get it man.  You see them at forward and decide to make a break for it... That's fine make a break for it.  But not back towards our MAIN BASE or even in the direction of our main base!!

Can you tell me what you had on you that is more valuable than what we have at main base?

You lead them right to us. 

We are now currently locked into our base.  They made it all the way up to the 3rd floor, blowing out the doors and replacing them as they went. 

So if we hop down we are locked out. 

I literally do not get it. 

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:26 am »
So there is now movement in the base... I believe they are holed up in the 2nd floor.  There is only one guy that I can hear and I think he keeps logging in and out....

I guess now it is a race to see if we get back online in mass first or they do.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2014, 12:03:35 pm »
Ummm...no.  If you cool your temper and read my report....  They were at our base when I got there.  I did NOT lead them there.  When I saw that they were there, I attempted to remain unseen and retreat back toward the valley.  I did not run toward our main base.  I was killed while retreating out of our area.  If you need clarification on something, I'd appreciate a request for clarification instead of blowing your top and spouting off. I understand you are second in command, but immediately berating a fellow player because you misunderstood the situation is not good leadership.

I apologize if my report was unclear, but I was tired and trying to write my report as things occurred. 

Clarification: I returned from a run and was approaching our west base (the base in the immediate area of our main base, not forward base) when I spotted who I assume to be Twopenguin running around our W base.  I immediately stopped and began to back peddle back out of the area, but I was spotted and killed while retreating back toward the valley.  I then spawned in our main base which they had already discovered. I could already hear footsteps of multiple people outside as soon as I spawned. (they sounded like they were inside, but upon further investigation the base was clear from bottom to top.  No one had made it inside.)  I was able to peek through some of the cracks in the walls and spot at least 3 individuals building a set of stairs mentioned in my first report.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:20:08 pm by Phienyx »

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2014, 02:00:04 pm »
Let's try not to jump down each others' throats when shit goes down.

They had to go through our doors to get into the base. They got up to our first level of doors, but only got about a quarter of the way through that level before running out of C4 and giving up. They put up two or three of their own doors which we blew back down and replaced. Our defenses held up very well. Everything is back to normal now, but they could return with a lot more C4 so we should shore up our D when we get a chance.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »
Something tells me they will be back without a doubt.  We have been located and if I were a raider assaulting our base, I'd assume based on the extensive defense that there was a gold mine of loot to be had.  Watch your backs.  It may be good to travel in pairs at minimum from now on.

Offline Ghisteslwchlohm

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2014, 08:09:20 pm »
Has the rustmap been updated?

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2014, 10:36:06 am »
No but the island has moved.  Meaning the sun rises and falls in different places now.  The water level has also been increased.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2014, 12:22:32 pm »
So... I just logged in and heard someone in our base opening doors and walking around.  The only person online right now besides me is Manic.  Every door in our base is open from top to bottom.  Every door...  I mean from almost the top of the roof to the outside of the base.  All except the personal doors.

Is there anyone else on right now not on my friends list?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:32:07 pm by Broin »

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:58 am »
It was me.  I found the base completely by chance.  I didn’t even know it was the FA base when I found it.

I had spent the last few days recording segments for a video in which I walked the entire perimeter of the island.  The idea for the video started when I successfully raided a much smaller base where I found crates of food.  Enough to last me several Rust-days if I was careful.  So I grabbed what I could carry and started walking towards the water.

I turned on Netflix to keep from getting bored, and set up a camp fire when I needed it.  I was making daily video journals of my travels.  I planned to walk until I either ran out of food, or found myself back where I started. 

For hours I saw absolutely nothing of interest except for interesting quirks in the map geometry.  And I managed to summit what is probably the tallest mountain in the game.  I was so far away from everyone that I was able to safely log off many times without worrying about anyone finding my body.  I walked for about seven or eight Rust-days, just making sure to keep the water on my left side.

I was working on my last stack of beans when I saw the familiar rocky mountains that are peppered around the proper playable area.  I ran towards them, hoping to find some boars to kill so that I could survive to continue the video.  As I maneuvered through the rocks I nearly slipped down a cliff.  And that’s when I saw a large tower tucked away at the bottom.

To your guys’ credit, that base is incredibly well hidden.  And again, I had no idea this was the FA base when I saw it.  I went to investigate, hoping to find someone who might be kind enough to get me some food.  I walked around the base and called out on voice chat to see if anyone was around. 

It was getting dark, and I saw the door.  I tried a list of some common four-digit codes, not really expecting any of them to work.  On a whim I tried the code we used on the previous server, and to my shock the door unlocked.

I wandered up the many flights of stairs, using the same code on each door I came across, until I found the stash.  I took some weapons and armor, but mostly food.  That’s what I needed most.  I wanted to quietly walk out and leave no indication that anything had happened, until everyone discovered the missing loot.  I thought it would be interesting to sit back and watch the wave of confusion play out here on the forums, when people started to discover their stuff missing.

I was getting overly excited about my lucky one-man raid, so I rushed out without paying any mind to close the doors.

By the time I got outside I started hearing footsteps.  I figured it was someone else coming to raid the base and found their way inside.  (I turn off player notifications in Steam, so I didn’t know it was Broin that had logged on.)  I huddled outside in the dark, near the water, hoping to avoid the supposed raiders and escape when they were gone.

In an effort to find a suitable hiding spot, I accidentally backed off the ledge and hilariously fell to my death. 

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2014, 10:48:14 am »
Maybe Manic was right and the true path is dicking around making silly videos?  Wipes certainly don't affect him!

That's the way I see it.  It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.  :P

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2014, 12:32:54 pm »
I'm continuing this whole "doors open" conversation in the Staff forums, as I imagine there's a lot people will want to discuss and I don't want to derail this thread too much.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:44 pm »
Now I wanna know the dirty details!  OooOOoo
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »
That's hilarious!  Did you record your "daring" burglary?

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 80
  • Dot Hidden: 0