Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Handgun Suggestions...  (Read 10731 times)

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Handgun Suggestions...
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 10:11:56 pm »
Quote from: "Lits"
Desert Eagle, FTW

The Desert Eagle is nice if you're buying a big gun that you really have no intention of shooting. :x

The Desert Eagle is so impractical that it's not even funny.  The Baby Eagle, however, is a different story.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 03:14:50 am »
Oh man... I spent over 3 hours at the range today shooting a 9mm P226, and the 9mm P229 Crimson Trace....  I'm in love with the P229.  The gun fires amazingly, and the laser sight built into the grip is just awesome.

But with a $1200 price tag, it's going to have to wait...  I suppose I could go with the P229 DAK for $850, But then no laser sight. :(

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 04:10:43 am »
My father has the Crimson Trace grips on his 92F. Love them, but you have to keep in mind they shoot a bit low right.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 06:11:59 am »
Quote from: "Fuse"
Quote from: "Subb"
Gah, gun specs... I'm like -_-

Personally, I don't believe in guns. If people didn't buy guns there wouldn't be as high a crime rate :/

Saying that though, as they say 'Guns don't kill people, people do,'

I said I didn;t want a political debate, but here I go.

Lets assume a few things.
1.A gun can kill someone...like a shovel
2a.Guns are devices to do something and on thier own are a paper weight... like a shovel
2b.A gun needs an outside influence by a person to kill...like a shovel
3.Criminals do bad things and get thier hands on devices to do bad things.
4.They do this even if there are laws against it.
5.Bad people do bad things to good, defensless people
6.Bad people are less inclined to do bad thing to people if they perceive there may eb a threat there.

So considering the above assumptions, if you outlaw weapons, the good, innocent, law-abiding citizens will get rid of/not own guns while the criminals will still obtain them the same way they obtain drugs or illegal weapons now, then use them on the innocent people because they know they will not dare break the law.

Fuck that. Give me CCW. I hate living in Illinois.

Even the government has done studies and tried to prove that outlawing guns lowers crime... guess what, it doesn't. You go to vermont where they have an open carry policy and I gaurentee you won't be mugged.

Touche! But, I doubt an open carry policy would work here in Britain! Hell I like to shoot guns, I just don't believe in having one in the house :)

You just can't beat a good olde shotgun/clay pigeon shooting :)

Hell, even air rifles are fun!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 06:29:30 am »
I don't know anything of the culture there. Is there a large violence problem?
While I live in a very good part of a "safe" town, I would still trust my own safety to me and my own hands than just hope for the best.

By the way, I've now narrowed it down to either the Springfield XD9 4", OR the Smith&Wesson M&P9 4", or the Ruger SR9 that I am checking out tomorrow.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 06:44:01 am »
It's starting to get very hairy imo. I live in a village so it's very unlikely that I'll be shot :) I just couldn't trust myself with a gun if some lunatic came into the house; I'd most prob just shoot him/her without question :(

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 10:54:19 am »
I might as well ask here - I plan on becoming licensed to own a firearm, but where do I go and how much does the process cost?

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 12:06:47 pm »
start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_carry
and here: google

CCW is state based. Some states you can walk in, put the gun on your hip and as long as you are not a felon or mentally ill, your ok. Others you need a permit for it. Others, like Illinois, there is absolutly no CCW allowed.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 04:20:46 pm »
My father has the Crimson Trace grips on his 92F. Love them, but you have to keep in mind they shoot a bit low right.

The P229 that I shot yesterday seemed to be dead on.  Lined up with the iron sights well.  I believe I shot the same groups using both laser and iron sights.
Quote from: "Jeyk"
I might as well ask here - I plan on becoming licensed to own a firearm, but where do I go and how much does the process cost?

From what I know, you don't have to be licensed to OWN a firearm.  You must be licensed to CARRY a firearm concealed on your person.

Anyone, except for criminals/convicts, are allowed to own firearms under the Second Amendment.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 04:39:09 pm »
Quote from: "Tecknik"

The P229 that I shot yesterday seemed to be dead on.  Lined up with the iron sights well.  I believe I shot the same groups using both laser and iron sights.
Quote from: "Jeyk"

From what I know, you don't have to be licensed to OWN a firearm.  You must be licensed to CARRY a firearm concealed on your person.

Anyone, except for criminals/convicts, are allowed to own firearms under the Second Amendment.

It's location based. CCW laws are state based, but there are some places where gun ownership can be limited. You want an example? I'm glad you asked.

It is illegal to own a handgun in Chicago city limits. Yes, you will get in trouble if you have one locked in a fort knox protected box unloaded. Illinois also does not allow CCW at all. No allowance. Zip. Nil. Nu-uh. Not gonna happen, period. Meanwhile other state you just have to request it and you get your permit. Wala, cover your shit up and you can keep it on you locked, cocked, and ready to go. I don't know buying laws in other states, but in Illinois you have to have a FOID card. FOID=Firearms Owners IDentification Card. With one you can buy and there are some ranges and store that won't even let you in without presenting it. In Indianna a background check is done to buy in a 3 day waiting period.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 04:55:23 pm »
Yeah, background checks are done for all gun purchases.  Some states will do them faster than others.  Florida used to have a three day wait period, now they are up to a five day wait period.  Some states may take as little as 15 minutes. :x

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 12:50:01 pm »
In Michigan, you are able to request a CCW permit and the burden is on the state to prove why you should not have one.  You'll have to take some classes so they know you are capable of safely handling a firearm, but after you've been approved, you're ready to go.

I told you that Sig was a freakin' beautiful weapon.  Its a bit expensive, but it would definately be worth it.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 01:37:15 am »
Needing some advice here:

I'm planning on purchasing a handgun next month.  I don't want anything fancy or expensive, and I don't know much about various models; I'm simply looking for something to keep away in the house.  Where should I look (pawn shops, buying new, etc.) and what would you recommend based on what I've stated?  Thanks.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 08:11:43 am »
My first suggestion is to always buy a handgun new.  No pawn shops or what not.  Its important to know a weapon's history.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 08:27:08 am »
Smith and Wesson Sigma series is a good gun for not a whole lot of cash. One of my buddied just picked up a 9mm for around $290

* Discord

Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 111
  • Dot Hidden: 0