Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Raid Schedules/Sign-ups (early post)  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Raid Schedules/Sign-ups (early post)
« on: May 20, 2011, 03:28:36 pm »
So I know this is a bit early but for those that are going to be interested in pushing raid content come release I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to start compiling a list. What peoples positions are on raid, availability, and experience. That way we can at least have the list to ease whomever is placed in charge of it organizing the different raid groups. The benefit of having this list is, come time when more content is released on raiding, we will be able to compile proper groups that will mesh well with each other and balance them out as best as we can on paper before release.

I am more than willing to put together the spread sheet and then send it to whichever admin/officer is appointed in charge to delegate. Of course after everyone has filled in what there availability is and at that point they can keep it updated. For those that have no interest what so ever in raiding please reply with a simple 'not raiding'.

For example:

Raid availability:
This is where you will put your availability. Granted it will more than likely change come release but you can personally update it yourself. Having an idea of when you want to raid will definitely make it easier. Along with how many hours a week you would be interested in raiding. If you don't have specific times at this point just say 'not sure at this point'.

Experience:
Whether or not you have lead raids or just been a member in a raid group... how far you progressed and the games you raided in.

Role:
DPS/Tank/Heal -- What role you plan on filling come game release.

Raid group interested in:
Whether you want to be apart of more of the casual or hardcore raid groups within the guild. If you are interested in the hardcore raid group you would be committing 4-5+ nights a week to clear out content as fast as possible and raiding 16-20+ hrs a week. Casual would be based off of popularity of PvE content within the guild and more than likely based off of everyone's schedule

Size of raid interested in:
If it boils down to it and we have to split up into smaller groups for raid content vs bigger raid groups, or if you just prefer to be in smaller raid groups note it here. Going off of WoW rules lets just put in 10/25m for this part and when provided more info on raid content we can switch it to whatever size's are necessary.

PS Tbone or any other officers if you feel this isn't a necessary topic at this point feel free to delete... Got bored while sitting on hold for about 30 minutes lol

Offline Revalis

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
  • The Architect
    • View Profile
    • http://revalis.blogspot.com
Re: Raid Schedules/Sign-ups (early post)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:42:51 pm »
Although I'll certainly want to raid when it comes to end-game, I don't foresee myself rushing through the game's content to get to it.  I will much prefer the Bioware Story (tm) to the inevitable grind of 'dungeon' crawling.  That said, once I DO get to that point, then I am very much open to raiding.  I'll fall into your casual raiding group, though. I was in 2 of Dragonblight's top Horde guilds and part of that hardcore raid mess and neither times did I interpret what was happening as 'fun'. It wasn't until I joined a more casual guild that I actually started LIKING the end game content.

Raid availability:  Generally whenever, so long as it's in the evenings; best times around 7-8ish CST until midnightish. I like to get at least a little sleep before work. x_X

Experience: Been in plenty of raids... involved in raids up through ICC ... Stopped playing WoW before Cata released.

Role: Jedi Guardian (Tank Spec)

Group: Casual

Size: 10/25

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 05:18:02 pm »
Raid availability: most likely 7-11pm FA time as new job ill be getting is third shift

Experience: As normal member then later on raid leader. WoW - pre-bc up to half of Naxx, BC - 10mans, WOTLK - up to Arthas, Cat - just BWD, and BH.

Role: Jedi Guardian - Tank, MT'd / OT'd for guild at various points of content.

Group: Hardcore

Size: 10/25 (altho based on TOR group sizes i'm guessing 8 or 20)
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:30:02 pm »
I don't think this is going to be beneficial until we have a release date and more information on raids.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 12:12:49 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
I don't think this is going to be beneficial until we have a release date and more information on raids.

Agreed. Considering that schedules will/can change drastically between now and release, i think trying to work sometime like this out is way too soon.

As for classes, we all can see our current class / role in the roster anyway.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Raid Schedules/Sign-ups (early post)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 01:50:48 am »
Not to mention a few months after that to get to max level and be "Raid Ready".

Furious since 2006.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online