[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Legacy  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
Legacy
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:28:17 pm »
The Day 2 Guild Summit NDA was lifted, and Legacy information has been squirting out all over the place.

Source Links:
Legacy:

Species
  • Note: All of the values will likely be retooled or changed before the 1.2 patch roll out. Everything here should be treated as such until the final values are updated. Values with * may be incorrect. All species unlocks can be unlocked by getting to 50 with a character of that species.
  • Chiss - Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8
  • Cyborg - Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8
  • Human - Unlockable for 500,000* credits, legacy level 8
  • Miraluka - Unlockable for 1.5 million credits, legacy level 8
  • Mirialan - Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8
  • Rattataki - Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8
  • Sith Pureblood - Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8
  • Twilek - Unlockable for 1.5 million credits , legacy level 8
  • Zabrak - Unlockable for 500,000* credits , legacy level 8

Alignment:
  • Legacy of Sacrifice - Grants the use of the sacrifice ability to all characters. Injures your companion to instantly heal yourself. Requires level 50, Dark V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10
  • Legacy of Unity - Grants the use of the unity ability to all characters. Unity reduces damage to you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, Light V, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10
  • Legacy of Equilibrium - Grants the use of the equilibrium ability to all characters. Equilibrium increases damage and healing by you and your companion for a short duration. Requires level 50, neutral, 250,000 credits, legacy level 10

Ship Unlocks:
  • Mailbox - Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10
  • Repair Droid - Unlockable for 1 million credits, legacy level 8
  • Operation Training Dummy - Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10
  • Warzone Training Dummy - Unlockable for 250,000 credits, legacy level 10, valor rank required
  • Black Market Trade Terminal - Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 35

Combat:
  • Legacy of Combat: Punch - Unlocks the unarmed combat function. Unlockable for 10,000 credits, legacy level 5, Valor rank level 5
  • Legacy of Combat: Jab - Unlockable for 15,000 credits, legacy level 8, valor rank 10
  • Legacy of Combat: Uppercut - Unlockable for 20,000 credits, legacy level 10,valor rank 15
  • Legacy of Combat: Bash - Unlockable for 25,000 credits, legacy level 15,valor rank 25

Convenience:
  • Legacy Fleet Pass - Cuts down the time of the use of Fleet Pass by increments of one hour for each of the levels. There are three levels to it and are unlockable for increments of 50,000 credits, 5 legacy levels (5, 10, 15)
  • Legacy Quick Travel - Same as the above except that it is cut down by one minute each level instead.
  • Rocket Boost - Short duration speed increase. Unlockable for 5 million credits, legacy level 20

Achievement Mission Terminals :
  • Several Achievement Mission Terminals are located in fleets of the two factions that now unlock achievement rewards for doing certain flashpoints, operations, etc.
  • These feats require boss kills and more to unlock special speeder skins/colors.

Warzone:

Novare Coast
  • Novare Coast is a majority control Warzone that pits two sides against each other
  • In order to win, a team will have to control two of the three turret control panels to damage the shielding opposing side's base
  • If interrupted, players can also continue the progress where they left off if they are able to get back to the panel before the other side proceeds to capture it in the other direction
  • The capture mechanic works almost like a tug of war centered on the points.

Interview with Georg Zoeller:

Operations:
  • We're not completely happy with the speed of some of the Operation's fixes.
  • We know there are a lot of pain points, especially in Eternity Vault with Soa.
  • We now have a very senior team now dedicated specifically to going through all the Operations to make sure that every single report is verified and fixed
  • Bugs: there is a dedicated team now dealing with these things and that should hopefully bring the response times more into a realm that we are happy with.
  • There is a lot more interaction between the core combat, the balance team, and the Operations design team at this point.
  • There are some pain points with area healing in Operations that we are addressing on the class side

Class Balance / Buffs / Nerfs:
  • Bounty Hunter Mercenary healers or Scoundrel healers: we bolstered their area healing capability with some nice quality of life changes to make their healing output more predictable and overall comfortable to play
  • We did some improvement on the Sage and the Sorcerer as well, but we also identified some bugs/exploits that we fixed that caused the class to over-perform.
  • Nerfs: it's obviously controversial if we decide we have to nerf something. I don't expect people to throw us a parade. Ultimately, people are going to be very unhappy.
  • There is the small-minded approach of "so many people play Sorcerer, BioWare is never going to touch them." No, that is not how it works.
  • So we did some changes there to rebalance that particular tree to move a bit out of the Tracer Missile, and require you to be more active in your combat style to achieve that kind of effect. You can call that a nerf. I call that housekeeping.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 12:50:39 pm »
Haha, so glad I didn't waste my time grinding out Legacy.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 12:52:47 pm »
Haha, so glad I won't have to spend millions of credits on any of that. :P

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 01:22:16 pm »
so sared race to 35 to unlock everything

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 01:31:33 pm »
Looks like at my legacy I already get everything but the GTN.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 01:47:00 pm »
Rocket boost is the best imo - especially if usable in pvp. With my force speed I'm looking forward to 10 second huttball scores.

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:03:42 pm »
To me it seems like it would still cost regardless of legacy lvl. I would think that you have to pay that ammount once you hit that legacy level? Cause thats a LOT of free stuff once you hit legacy 15 or so

Offline Ademaro

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 04:10:40 pm »
You're not likely to have any significant legacy levels if you just play characters in the 20 to 30 range. You only unlock legacy levels once you finish chapter 1 ( ~ level 30) with a character in the first place.

And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it).

Disregard my last post  quoted by George Zoeller

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »
Quote from: "ExternalError"
so sared race to 35 to unlock everything

35? Seriously? I thought the Legacy cap was 50 or somesuch?

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 06:29:19 pm »
What? No details on the grav round nerf? uuugh.. time to go browse official forums for any info.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12