Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Beta Test Our Challenge! (updated 10/7)  (Read 16256 times)

Offline Anathamas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge! (Phase 2)
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 10:29:43 am »
I have to admit I'm really impressed with what we have here. It is awesome!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 11:40:09 am »
In addition to Adad's bugs. It froze repeatedly on the lightsaber challenge for me; it didn't advance.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 02:25:08 pm »
*New version of Phase 4 available for testing that works in all browsers and has a few fixes.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 02:49:08 pm »
Sometimes when going through Phase 4, I have to refresh the entire page because certain things don't load. I don't know if this is because my internet connection is VERY slow or if this is an actual issue.

The first time it happened was when Iego was introduced. Not all of the sequence loaded (it didn't show all the planets, just the terrain of the moon we're on), and then didn't go on to let me ask a question.

The second time it happened, after I refreshed, happened later in the questioning, after the Angels were defined (and AP28431 laughs).

I assume it's because it's loading slow for me because I'm in Italy, but I figured I should maybe say something.

This is awesome, though.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 03:09:42 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Sometimes when going through Phase 4, I have to refresh the entire page because certain things don't load. I don't know if this is because my internet connection is VERY slow or if this is an actual issue.

The first time it happened was when Iego was introduced. Not all of the sequence loaded (it didn't show all the planets, just the terrain of the moon we're on), and then didn't go on to let me ask a question.

The second time it happened, after I refreshed, happened later in the questioning, after the Angels were defined (and AP28431 laughs).

I assume it's because it's loading slow for me because I'm in Italy, but I figured I should maybe say something.

This is awesome, though.

Sounds like the bug that causes the movies to start halfway through from the beginning rather than starting at the beginning of the movie is also causing the loading issues. Thanks.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2010, 03:24:26 pm »
None of the videos loaded for Ana at all. He thinks it is because of his slow connection.

They load for me, but they all start at the wrong spots.

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2010, 04:29:32 pm »
Wow. You guys are sick at what you do! I'm testing out phase 4 and its awesome. Will let you know if I find any bugs. That is if I can get passed this riddle. I SUCK at riddles.

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:50 pm »
I must say though, all of the phases are very intricate. I am very glad I got into the guild before this all went live. I'd spend hours trying to figure it out.

Offline Ghisteslwchlohm

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 04:48:32 pm »
"Tell me more about the people i am destined to join?" isn't a question, and shouldn't have a question mark...should it?

As for the test in phase 4, the whole thing froze up after the first riddle, but I figured out I could right click and select 'Forward' and make it go past any part I didn't want to wait for or any riddle I didn't like. Also, I know you guys mentioned the videos starting halfway through, but when I got to the first video it started at the end (the words 'end file' were the first thing I saw) and the audio started at the beginning and continued despite the video ending and AP28431 talking on about whatever.

And finally, when I got to the end there were no options and AP28431 stopped talking, and I was pretty confused. I started clicking my mouse on nothing in general and he spoke again as if I had clicked a response, then the flash site loaded. I'm still confused about that one.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 05:15:59 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisteslwchlohm"
"Tell me more about the people I am destined to join?" isn't a question, and shouldn't have a question mark...should it?

As for the test in phase 4, the whole thing froze up after the first riddle, but I figured out I could right click and select 'Forward' and make it go past any part I didn't want to wait for or any riddle I didn't like. Also, I know you guys mentioned the videos starting halfway through, but when I got to the first video it started at the end (the words 'end file' were the first thing I saw) and the audio started at the beginning and continued despite the video ending and AP28431 talking on about whatever.

And finally, when I got to the end there were no options and AP28431 stopped talking, and I was pretty confused. I started clicking my mouse on nothing in general and he spoke again as if I had clicked a response, then the flash site loaded. I'm still confused about that one.

Thanks.

I'll make a note about fixing the typo.

I'm hoping when we fix these other bugs, it'll prevent the freezing/things not loading that's going on right now. But you also shouldn't be able to right click and press Forward, so I'll add that to the list.

I also noticed that each time I go through it, the movie starts further and further away from the beginning. Weird bug.

Most likely you got the invisible text bug at the end. Specifically what part was it? Was it right after the HoloVid played?

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge! (Phase
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2010, 05:20:24 pm »
Apologies if any of these covered before (especially text bug but that is a key one and I wanted to be sure we were talking about the same thing.

1.   loading bar does not show a percentage.
2.   AP is stuttery on the first "hello, welcome you feel sick?" bit; my internet connection is 12 mbps
3.   my screen is not filled up by the rectangles (i.e. background). Resolution is: 1680 x 1050.
4.   the truth behind iego goes much deeper? that the end of it or something? background goes black but hologram remains - only way to proceed was right click and "play2?
5.   second riddle (and others actually)- black on black text? cannot read the text if you miss the speech.
6.   not sure if this already spotted but hitting "play" once right clicked jumps you through the riddles.
7.    not a bug but hooray?
8.   Am using IE 9 Beta (figured some other people would be using it too but understand if this is too much to make it totally compatible)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge! (Ph
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2010, 05:33:27 pm »
Quote from: "NoCry"
Apologies if any of these covered before (especially text bug but that is a key one and I wanted to be sure we were talking about the same thing.

1.   loading bar does not show a percentage.

Told Adad about it but forgot to add it to the public bug list. Thanks.

2.   AP is stuttery on the first "hello, welcome you feel sick?" bit; my internet connection is 12 mbps

First I've heard of that one. We'll look at optimizing for slow connections.

3.   my screen is not filled up by the rectangles (I.e. background). Resolution is: 1680 x 1050.

I'm a little confused by this. If you're asking if it should be full screen, the answer is now. The dimensions are confined to avoid it looking ugly or having things not proportioned right. Any additional room will be taken by just a black background for now.

4.   the truth behind iego goes much deeper? that the end of it or something? background goes black but hologram remains - only way to proceed was right click and "play2?

Sounds like the invisible text bug, which is looking more and more like it has to do with the movies not playing properly.

5.   second riddle (and others actually)- black on black text? cannot read the text if you miss the speech.

Riddle text should be under AP hologram, which is all white space. My best guess is that after the screens faded to black to play the first movie clip, they never faded back to white. Again, bug caused by movie clips not loading correctly, but let me know if you are referring to something else.

6.   not sure if this already spotted but hitting "play" once right clicked jumps you through the riddles.
7.    not a bug but hooray?

Pointed out, thank you. Yes, hooray. Embrace it. :)

Thanks!

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge!
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2010, 09:42:24 pm »
Phase 4

Ok so all I did was repeatedly click and it skipped a ton of the screens also sometimes it would play two different  audio recordings at once.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge!
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 09:11:37 am »
Projected completion date, December 22, 2012

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile