Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Challenge Released!  (Read 13057 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Challenge Released!
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:26:37 am »
Now that I got that out of the way...

WE WENT LIVE WITH THE CHALLENGE!

I sent off a couple of emails, did all 560whatever PMs (5 at a time, every 60 seconds), and submitted it to several fan sites.

So far it has been a huge success! At the time of typing this, a thread was organically started on the RP section and already has over 320 posts (33 pages)! The thread is here, but don't post in it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=216980

A bunch of us were on TS and have kept up with the discussion, silently of course. It's been very rewarding so far! As to how far people have gotten after 320 posts, I believe 3-4 people have ACCIDENTALLY gotten past the galaxy viewer and THAT'S IT! Lots of compliments so far - a lot of people thought it was Bioware, etc.

We're going to let this thread run its course and see if other threads get started. Tomorrow evening we'll see where we are and where to go from here. Options including anywhere from creating another thread anonymously to changing our sigs to the cypher and flooding the thread once a majority of people know it is us.

As of now, however, do NOT post anything anywhere. Please let this naturally run its course and don't get involved yet! THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME! And enjoy the read!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Re: DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD I AM LINKING!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 02:20:02 am »
43 pages now. We have one or two who have gotten to the prime pyramid but haven't gotten past it. Pretty good - so far the challenge has held up for 5 hours without anyone cracking. And still no one knows how they can get past the galaxy viewer other than frantically clicking for hours.  This batch is pretty much gone to bed. I expect we'll have a whole new group working on it tomorrow. It does look that by tomorrow night, the cat will be out of the bag and we can start having more fun with the release. We'll see!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 02:41:13 am »
Looks like Frettz was our first to complete it on page 44. Still no one knows about the galaxy viewer. It'll be interesting to see how this manifests tomorrow.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 02:42:28 am »
Page 45. Our name has been mentioned.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 05:37:56 am »
Hopefully this manifests itself in the general discussion; its almost too bad that this ended up in the RP section, only because such a small amount of people see it.

Would it be a bad idea, in the middle of the day Friday, to have FaintSignal post a thread in the main discussion forums if something hasn't already been posted in there?

Fun thing to note: It's the second anniversary of the SWTOR forums today. There may be more traffic today than the usual Friday...

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 06:25:50 am »
50 pages! I have an alt account that I could give tbone or who ever the info  and they could make a thread in general if deemed necessary.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Challenge Released!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 07:24:55 am »
New thread went up in General Discussion this morning, then it got moved to website support and feedback (wth?)

Yotogi, Tbone, You may want to look into this:

"Just a little tid-bit. if you go to google and search for http://followthesignal.net/ then click on the cashed version. there is a contuine to part two button.... my guess is that the clickable console has a code to it (possiable it has to do with TWOEIGHTFOURTHREEONE ) and an order that you click the console in? anyway the cashed version goes on to a
http://followthesignal.net/Phase4BetaEmbedded2.html which is nolonger a valid link "
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Challenge Released!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 08:48:22 am »
Some people are mentioning problems registering an account on the website?

"You are not authorized to carry out this operation"

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Challenge Released!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 08:58:58 am »
Quote from: "Da6onet"
New thread went up in General Discussion this morning, then it got moved to website support and feedback (wth?)

Yotogi, Tbone, You may want to look into this:

"Just a little tid-bit. if you go to google and search for http://followthesignal.net/ then click on the cashed version. there is a contuine to part two button.... my guess is that the clickable console has a code to it (possiable it has to do with TWOEIGHTFOURTHREEONE ) and an order that you click the console in? anyway the cashed version goes on to a
http://followthesignal.net/Phase4BetaEmbedded2.html which is nolonger a valid link "

I just visited the cached version and it looks harmless. You can't actually advance to part 2.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Challenge Released!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 09:09:05 am »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"

I was just going to post this as well. It looked like two registered so it's working for some... not sure if they're doing something wrong? I know Dag tested it before we went live and he registered a new account.

Didn't see Dag post the link to this so here's the second thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=217076&highlight=signal

All in all though, great success so far. Only one guy (kyote) seemed upset about it our of the dozen or so that completed it.  Where do we go now that a thread has all the answers?

PS, Lits owes me $10 because I guessed Frettz would be the first ;) I win

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Challenge Released!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 09:24:06 am »
Some people in the general discussion thread are deeming the Galaxy Map puzzle as a bug because it isn't clickable at all times. Obviously, it isn't, but if we're getting press in the first ten pages of the thread saying its a bug, people might actually assume that it IS a bug.

Are you sure one of us can't post in the thread now, saying that it is, indeed, not a bug? People are definitely linking this to us now, so there's no more need for anonymity. Obviously, I'm not going to post in either thread until we get the OK.

Of course, I unfortunately wasn't at the meeting last night, so I'm not privy to the game plan past the first 18 hours, so if this was discussed, I'll certainly move along.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Challenge Released!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:40:01 am »
People are frustrating to listen too without intervening. They argue its a bug, this whole thing is just an advertisement, that you can sign up without going through it at all, etc etc. Just let it keep playing itself out. I love, though, that in the general discussion thread. People told them where the answers already were (the other thread) and no one listened. They all did it for themselves again.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Challenge Released!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 09:47:38 am »
Quote from: "Adad"
Quote from: "Anamodiel"

I was just going to post this as well. It looked like two registered so it's working for some... not sure if they're doing something wrong? I know Dag tested it before we went live and he registered a new account.

Didn't see Dag post the link to this so here's the second thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=217076&highlight=signal

All in all though, great success so far. Only one guy (kyote) seemed upset about it our of the dozen or so that completed it.  Where do we go now that a thread has all the answers?

PS, Lits owes me $10 because I guessed Frettz would be the first ;) I win

That Kyote guys seems lik a douche anyway.

I say let them marinate in it for a little bit more. It's friday, we might see a lot more going on.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Challenge Released!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 09:59:03 am »
Hehe, some people are pissed that this wasn't some uber reveal from BioWare. Not even 24 hours in and we're already making enemies! :D

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Challenge Released!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 10:01:28 am »
Just spent the last hour and a half reading all the posts on the original swtor thread.  

I can't help but have a constant smile on my face!

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online