Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New Smuggler Secrets  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
New Smuggler Secrets
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:48:39 pm »
New Smuggler Secrets
Friday, September 24, 2010 at 11:54am

No two Smugglers are exactly alike, and you’ll be able to customize your character to fit your play style. You’ll face many choices in how your Smuggler develops as you explore the Old Republic galaxy. One of the most important decisions will be which Advanced Class to pursue—whether you want to become the fastest draw in the Outer Rim as a Gunslinger, or whether you prefer to specialize in some of the Smuggler’s more cunning tactics as a Scoundrel. Both paths have their own rewards and more choices within their various disciplines, but you’ll have to choose what style suits you best—or better yet, maybe you’ll want to try them both!

If you’re interested in playing something just a little more exotic than human, you might want create a Twi’lek Smuggler. Learn more about this species and get a closer look on the Twi’lek Inhabitants page.

No Smuggler would be complete without a Wookiee companion, so we’d like to introduce you to Bowdaar, the mighty Wookiee warrior. You can learn more about this known associate on the Smuggler page or by accessing Bowdaar’s biography.

A Wookiee’s not the only necessity. A Smuggler wouldn’t be able to do much smuggling without a personal starship. Check out the new Starship section of the HoloNet, and make sure to look at the Smuggler’s Corellian XS Stock Light Freighter. It’s the ship that can make the “Balmorra run” in just a handful of parsecs, and if you choose to play the Smuggler, it will be yours.

Finally, if you love the Smuggler as much as we do, we can guarantee you’ll enjoy the new Smuggler Class Gameplay Video. This video captures the spirit of how the Smuggler plays in the game, and if you look carefully, you might even see something you’ve never seen before.

Enjoy!

Thanks Adad for the original post

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: New Smuggler Secrets
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:31:55 pm »
I feel sorry for all of you who are going to roll a Jedi.  All those rules and structures, traditions and orders.  No freedom or individuality.  No sense of adventure.

Space pirates ftmfw.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:59:52 pm »
I don't like that you get a Wookiee, too cliche. I thought that's what made Han unique, he freed Chewie, even though smugglers tend not to care about other people or beings, thus showing the good within him, in turn leading to his rise in the ranks of the rebellion.

It wasn't all about credits to him in the end, and Chewie was an early hint to that.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 02:23:51 pm »
Oh smuggler how you tempt me so.

Adad I'm pretty sure Bowdaar wont be the only companion option for the smuggler.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 02:24:38 pm »
Yeah, I'm concerned that the companions are what's really going to break the immersion. When all smugglers have the exact same wookie, all JKs have the exact same droid, etc., it's going to be really hard to feel like you're unique. I'm afraid I'll just get the feeling "oh, I'm playing a single player game where I can see everyone else playing the same game as me".

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 07:14:22 pm »
Quote from: "Adad"
I don't like that you get a Wookiee, too cliche.

"Hey guys! Remember Han Solo and Chewbacca? This is a Star Wars game, and everybody knows Han Solo and Chewbacca! Ever wanted to be Han Solo and Chewbacca? This is just like Han Solo and Chewbacca!" -Bioware

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 07:19:04 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Yeah, I'm concerned that the companions are what's really going to break the immersion. When all smugglers have the exact same wookie, all JKs have the exact same droid, etc., it's going to be really hard to feel like you're unique. I'm afraid I'll just get the feeling "oh, I'm playing a single player game where I can see everyone else playing the same game as me".

Bioware have said they're releasing loads of customization packages for your companions. I wonder if they'll let you change hair style, colour etc.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 07:29:47 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"

Bioware have said they're releasing loads of customization packages for your companions. I wonder if they'll let you change hair style, colour etc.

But they named the companions.

So my guy is Bowdaar with the funky shoes and your guy is Bowdaar with the funky hat. But they're both still Bowdaar.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 02:07:44 am »
Quote from: "Subb"

But they named the companions.

So my guy is Bowdaar with the funky shoes and your guy is Bowdaar with the funky hat. But they're both still Bowdaar.

Ah, I see whatcha getting at. I will be using my companions for my solo missioning, but hardly for my group sessions (unless needed).

Offline Anathamas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 02:26:49 am »
I don't know, I'm digging the idea of a Twi'lek Scoundrel personally.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 120