Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Good bye  (Read 5033 times)

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
Good bye
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:06:42 am »
Well i've had my issues with the guild and frankly do not enjoy being told who I should be playing with combined with a few other issues with leadership and guild priorities toward PVE over PVP, I have come to the decision that this isnt the right guild for me.  

I will miss the following members and hope you will stay in touch:

Faiden
Tecknik
Longboard
Jess
Likwidtek
Sared
Jeyk
Vanhouten
Bridget
Nocry
Sared
Lathazia

As for everyone else I wish you all the best but I either lost respect for you or didnt really know you well enough.

I'm leaving the guild so I can play with who I want to play with and not get crap for it.

Wish you all the best

ExternalError

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Good bye
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:25:42 am »
Take care.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 07:33:43 am »
I'm sad to see this is your final decision, but I guess everyone has to do what they feel is right for themselves.

You're a good player with a easy going attitude, you're a joy to play this game with and you're usually pretty knowledgeable about all things TOR.  FA is losing a valuable resource.

Good luck with whatever is next.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:46:03 am »
Well i hope you can keep in touch but from my personal experiences I know it will probably bring you grief from other members and I dont want you to experience that, I wish FA all the best and hope you go on from strength to strength I will not bad mouth FA even though I am not a part of it out of respect for the Friends I have made who are still members.  Hit me up in game or on Facebook any time if your allowed

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:52:02 am »
I hope you can stick around to read what I post... Because I'm about to tell you how full of shit you are.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Milhouse

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://lancamp.org
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:13:09 am »
Damn it.  You will be sorely missed, my friend.  When the servers come back up I'll make sure you're on my friends list and hope to keep playing with you often.

Offline waz_here

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 08:16:20 am »
No coffee in the system, yet.  Speechless, disappointed, bummed.  I'll watch for you in SWTORland.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Good bye
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 08:27:48 am »
Well let me just start out by saying personally that I think you are full of shit.   No one.  No one ever told you who you could or could not game with (.) <------ PERIOD

The issue that I brought to your attention is that you and others have decided to go off on your own into your personal TS server to pvp in game with members who were no longer in FA (FUSE).

I told you numerous times that gaming with Fuse and others was not the issue.  That I didn't care who you gamed with.  That you could game with anyone.  In fact I think I said that at least 2-3 times if not 3-4 times in our conversation.  However you chose only to hear what you wanted.  I told you that the issue was you were sneaking off and leaving/abandoning numerous other members who were in game on the FA's personal TS server and pvp'n.

(yeah yeah I'll post the screenies as soon as I figure out how to again)

This is something you have been doing on a regular basis.  I don't care if you were excluding people you don't like.  Which you specifically were doing.  The simple fact is it is wrong.  It is not acceptable. And you know it is wrong because you were one of the people joining the chorus complaining about members being left out.  Ironic isn't it.

What is sad for me is the fact that you and others are either dumb enough or ignorant enough to fall for what Fuse is doing.  Anyone with any common sense knows what he is doing.  The older members know what he is doing because we have seen this happen before.  Fuse knows what he is doing because he has seen it happen before and when the rolls were reversed was one of the first people to speak up about how wrong it was.

Fuse decided to leave faction and guild without a word to any in the leadership.  Without a word to any of us who have gamed with him for years and years.  You know I considered him a friend.  I guess he didn't give two shits about that though.    

He chose to leave the guild at a time when he could cause the most commotion.  During one of the Monday night meetings. He just left, without a word, in the middle of the meeting, at a time when everyone could see the little notice "Fuse has left the guild"

He continued to get in our TS server even though he had left faction why?

He refused to talk to any of the leadership about what any of his issues were but turned around and talked with others who were either new to the guild or who he thought he could persuade with what he said.

Oh I know he didn't come right out and say overt things.  What you dolts have fallen for is a soft form of persuasion.  I guarantee I can tell you almost verbatim what he was telling you and others.  

"Oh you know I just needed a break from all the guild drama."  "Needed time to just do my own thing for a bit"  "Things just are a bit out of whack"  "The guild isn't quite what it was you know"  "They've lost a bit of focus on what they want to do, I think"  

You know I'm right.  In fact I bet you spat out some of his garbage at the last Monday night meeting when you asked Tbone whether FA was a PVP guild or a PVE guild.  Be honest that all stemmed from a conversation that originated with Fuse and the other people you've been gaming with on your personal TS server.

Here is the thing.  Leadership isn't easy.  Hell, I don't think you lasted more than a month or so before you decided to quit it.  And the reason you gave if I am not mistaken is so that you could bitch about people who you don't like and not look bad as a leader.  

You know really when you look at it the only issues you've had with FA is when people in the guild as a whole decided not to game the way you wanted them to game.  

You didn't like Requiem and tried to do an ultimatium and quit.  it was either you or him.  Until Tbone told you that he wasn't going to make that kind of choice and you could leave if you wanted.

A few months later almost the exact same thing with the Galactic Trade Network.  People were not doing what you thought they should be doing with it so you go off on who was it?  

Last night you brought up that people weren't focusing on PVP the way you thought they should be.  

You know I have to really kick myself in the butt here because I thought you were someone that you obviously aren't.  In the end you turned out to be pretty self centered and all about you.

Enjoy gaming with Fuse and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.  

Now stop lurking around.  You've made your decision to leave.  So leave.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Good bye
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 12:22:38 pm »
Sucks to see you go. I don't necessarily agree with everything Broin said, but it is true that you've had one foot out the door for a few months now. I hate to lose a valuable member, but I also think if someone isn't having fun then they need to try something different. A guild just can't be everything to everybody. Still though, I'm sorry we couldn't make it work.

To briefly respond to the "I can't game with who I want" scenario, I will point out a courtesy that has been in place the entire time FA has existed (8 years). Other guild members get priority in groups - PvP groups, flashpoints, what have you. So if you're queuing with four people and one is not in guild, that's fine. But if a guild member comes online and wants to PvP, then you need to let the fourth person know "Hey, sorry, we need to make room for a guildie." People usually completely understand this as one of the perks to being in the guild instead of out of it.

It gets a little tricky when you have ex members or people you know in RL, but the same principle should apply. If you've got room, then there's no problem, but you should never be ignoring/excluding other guild members to play with non-guildies. There are exclusions to this (if you've already started a flashpoint or raid - basically if you're in the middle of something that you can't get out of), but especially for PvP this should apply.

Unfortunately this is a problem that we consistently had with Ex, even when he was a Master. He just didn't like certain people and refused to game with them. That's part of the reason he stepped down, so that he could be more exclusive without it causing as much attention. With Fuse leaving it got pretty bad, with him abandoning our TS altogether to either queue solo or with Fuse (even when I ran into him in a warzone he did not bother to join our TS). Broin confronted him about it and I guess this is the end result.

With Ex's numerous complaints, this is probably for the best. I know that the weekend raid group and PvP will both take a hit, but I'd rather have people around who are enjoying themselves. I keep this guild going and play the game to have fun, and I hope that the rest of you are having fun as well!

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
Good bye
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 12:38:48 pm »
GL, HF

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Good bye
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 01:21:37 pm »
Sad day for FA. As a newer member, it is tough to see anyone leave the guild, especially someone I consider to be a friend. I don't necessarily think you have made the right decision but I respect it and still look forward to gaming with you in the future.

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
Good bye
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 02:00:59 pm »
That's a classy way to go out. I'll miss the following people. The rest of you are just a waste.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Good bye
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 02:22:52 pm »
This is not directed at anyone nor is it based on any of the above posts, however. I'll ask everyone to make sure to choose your words carefully in this thread and not to turn this into a shit on the leaver bandwagon.  Ex is a really good friend of mine (ours) and no matter what reasons he left, right or wrong, he's still a friend and I know for a fact that I'm not alone when I say that he's really going to be missed and my gaming experience is lessened by his absence.  

Him leaving isn't a surprise but it's still sad and I have a tremendous amount of respect and love for the guy.  So again, please be kind and respectful in this thread.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Good bye
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 02:29:44 pm »
Quote from: "likwidtek"
This is not directed at anyone nor is it based on any of the above posts, however. I'll ask everyone to make sure to choose your words carefully in this thread and not to turn this into a shit on the leaver bandwagon.  Ex is a really good friend of mine (ours) and no matter what reasons he left, right or wrong, he's still a friend and I know for a fact that I'm not alone when I say that he's really going to be missed and my gaming experience is lessened by his absence.  

Him leaving isn't a surprise but it's still sad and I have a tremendous amount of respect and love for the guy.  So again, please be kind and respectful in this thread.

WELL SAID!

Not a good day for the guild!

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Faiden

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Good bye
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »
I sort of feel like crying after reading all of this lol. I know I have not been online a lot lately. My life is probably the worst it has ever been right now, mainly having to do with people close to me. Thing is though, spreading hatred is not the right thing to do. All that has transpired lately has been frustrating I know. If anyone considers anyone else a friend, than something such as this can never end that. There are hard feelings yes but friendship is something that can never be broken.

Fuse has in no way swayed peoples opinions of the guild or anything like that. The actions he took simply brought existing feels forward. He didn't do anything wrong. No one has done anything wrong! Will everyone just stop hating people and blaming them and just....all of this? :'( So many of us point out the faults in one another but don't see the faults in ourselves. Seems like every time someone leaves I always hear "they did not say a word to the leadership" or something like that. I've had a birds eye view of all of these situations. Standing on the outside of them looking in, able to see every angle. It's hard to talk to your leadership about these things because the only response you will get in return is being told how selfish you are and all your faults and how there is nothing wrong with anyone besides you. That's hard to hear.

Ex, just because you are not in the guild. Does not mean we won't que up together, PvE together, talk, or anything! This isn't a goodbye but I'm going to hug you anyways! /hug
Like the blade rushing from my hilt, my blood shall never cool.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 323