Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A call for writers  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
A call for writers
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:49:41 pm »
For my movie, I was playing with the idea of someone writing the plot/script for me and I would make it.  I am not much of a writer unless I spend hours and hours on it, and I think the project would be best with the help of someone better at it.  If I chose your's I will of course credit you for the story and screenplay if you write that as well.  

I have a few minor guidlines for it:
1) begins with my character, Daniel Davis, and his daily life working at Metacortex.  He flashes back to the day Thomas Anderson was "arrested" making him think how anyone could be taken at any time or something on those lines...

2)not necessary, but I was toying with a line such as "I always had a hard time waking up..." to play on the whole element of the awakening...

3) continues to the angels finding him, or vice versa, looking for a cool plot on how this happens

4)intro kicks in

5) first assignment with FA, I was thinking some sort of meeting where I am assigned to cover TBone as he meets with a merv or machinist and I end up taking them out before it gets out of hand as I am a sniper (preferably in Debir court as i have ideas for the shot)

6)leads to the climax where I am forced to/chose to stand my ground vs. and agent, preferably on a rooftop, angels come to my aid, ending with me killing the agent (Full Auto Redux) and forever wearing his glasses as a trophy

7) ends with me awakening others, Voltio.  

So, some good places to start I think, but the details need to be filled in...... I want some main characters in there like Dag, Pirus, wood, T, Broin, etc, etc. that are with me often. Perhaps we can attempt a shot including most of the faction...  

SO PLEASE SEND IN YOUR IDEAS.  I'd love to see stories asap, and if I chose you as the author of Adad's Awakening, your story will live on forever in Matrix history!!!  get writing.

Anonymous

Re: A call for writers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:45:01 pm »
I'd be glad to write up something for you. I like to think of myself as a pretty decent writer. I just have a few questions for you and if you want we can discuss the details further. How do you want to handle the script? Do you want it written just a a short story, a screenplay, etc.? How are you going to handle the dialog? ie. Dubbing, subtitles, silent. Is everything going to be filmed in-game? For example Character A sits at a comp screen and is doing something on it... interacting with a hacker or FA. Are you going to use dialog to portray what's going on or while you want to edit in the actual computer screen later on?

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 12:31:19 am »
I will be shooting all in game, but am pretty good with making just about anything work when I need to, ie, you can write anything and I could find a way to try and make it worth (with a few exceptions).  As for the dialogue, I will use recorded voices, so there will be actual dialogue, most likely by those who are in it.  Other characters will be casted out of any other member of FA.  If you know how to write scripts (courier font, layout, etc as any real script would be), that would be best, but you can just write a story and I can alter it i suppose.  My goal is to make one of the most impressive, realistic movies via MxO out there and to leave an impact on the MxO community as well as carve my own name into the Matrix storyline.  I don't quite follow your last question...I would like Voice overs at times of myself like describing elements of Adad's past, but in your computer example if I understand it, I could make the computer look real and show what's on it and all if that's what you're asking.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 01:54:07 am »
If i get some free time (school is hectic atm) I'll try and write some sort of script.

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 05:59:10 am »
I'll be on some tonight and tomorrow night.  But, your best bet since school is back in swing, is going to be over the weekend at night time.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 02:55:41 pm »
you need a debonair brit! every good film has a debonair brit!

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 02:57:33 pm »
/slap

Capitals NoCry!  Capitals!  I demand it, damnit!!

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 12:21:19 pm »
One little thing I just thought of in the story, it doesn't have to go much further than the fact that Adad wears the Agent glasses for more than just a statement that he has beaten one, but perhaps they can allow him to tap into their intel.  In other words, they hear spottings of people they are searching for through them and communicate through them, perhaps a Zionist with a pair of them could warn his friends and such...just a thought

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:44:54 pm »
I'm gonna have some free time this week. With any luck I'll have something by the weekend =p

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 06:01:25 pm »
Thanks a lot man, that would be awesome.  Also, anyone else interested at all, please don't hesitate to still write your version. I'd like some options if possible.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 09:03:21 pm »
Oh btw... if you could Adad... send me ideas you want for the story, etc. If you have a background story for you character that would be good too.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 09:34:41 pm »
Adad.... would you mind posting that background in the thread? Especially the reason you chose the name Adad?

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 10:23:40 pm »
Well i have one, but that's my thing, i dont like it and it should be portrayed in the beginning of my movie.  So I want a better one written that can be depicted where an angel finds me and what not, tied with the fact I saw Thomas Anderson removed from Metacortex etc.  

The one I wrote has Morpheus as the one who wakes me up, but I dont like that, I want it to be FA/Tbone...

Feel free to use parts of it if you want, but as i said, im not a big fan of it, that's why im asking for a writer......the name part is important tho.

"Adad:
Guardian of Heaven; giver and taker of life.

I go by the alias Adad for several reasons. He was originally known as the god of rain and thunderstorms. I like to think that, ever since I have been awake, I have the power to give life to those I free as rain helps plants grow and prosper and, in turn, helps give life to all living things. On the other hand, I can bring chaos and wrath upon my enemies with my highly tuned martial arts skills and hacking abilities as a thunderstorm does to those who find themselves trapped in one. That is also why my life as a Furious Angel suits me perfectly. I have the ability to help, protect, and enlighten those around me, and the power to destroy those who cross me with the help of the faction. One last tidbit about my chosen alias is that Adad was chosen to help protect Heaven. Here in FA, I have that responsibility. We protect that which is most important to the human race, our last remaining place on Earth, Zion. I cherish my time here on the ship Libertas, following TBone, but I wasn’t always here.

After a traumatic experience during my childhood, I have always had a bit of a religious streak in me. When I was little, an angel came to me in a dream urging me to wake up from my sound slumber. As I arose, I found my room engulfed in smoke and my home was on fire. I hit the floor and my instincts got me out alive, but my parents were not as lucky. To this day I do not know why the smoke detector didn’t go off or how we didn’t know what was happening until it was too late, but I believed I was supposed to make it out of there for some reason, some purpose. I stood outside the blazing building, waiting for my family to meet me where it was safe, but they never came. The firemen were too late and I just watched in disbelief as everything I ever knew faded away in an uproar of flames and a cloud of smoke. This couldn’t be real, it couldn’t be happening. I refused to accept it, but there was a reason I made it out, there was a reason that angel picked me and I was going to find it.

Hoping to find that reason pushed me, haunted me, drove me to continue my life without my family, without anything. I needed an answer, I needed to know why I was saved when no one else could be. Why that angel picked me, out of everyone else I loved, to make it out. I searched for the answer everywhere, constantly telling myself there was a reason for all this. Trying to live my life and not let the question take over, I went to school where I was always defended myself from the cruel kids who taunted me for my losses. I was always in trouble for fighting, I would never back down, no matter who the opposition. I even took on the authorities at times, even though it never paid to attack my teachers, I wasn’t scared. What did I have left to lose?

I never made many friends there, and took up computers as a hobby when I realized my loneliness. Chat rooms and search engines were my link to the rest of the world while the one I was in was terrible to me. I took on that question again, why was I saved and no one else, and I began searching for things like ‘more to life,’ ‘reasons why I was spared,’ ‘angels,’ ‘dreams,’ trying everything I could to come up with an answer. Then it came…

I was thirteen at the time when I found my first clue. The first link in my Google search on ‘angels’ explained how they represent help from an unknown and unseeable origin to survive a difficult situation. I now had to figure out this origin, where it came from in order to warn me. While looking up the origin of dreams, I found that ancient Greeks thought they were brought by the god Morpheus who could represent human forms within the dreams that he gave to people. None of this made much sense at the time, but I had to find an answer, so I continued with searches on Morpheus. I found that a present-day alleged terrorist was going by that alias, and things began shaping up. He, too, was a computer hacker, and I found all the information I possibly could on him. One day, though, I found out more than I ever thought I would, I got a chance to meet him…

He contacted me with a brief phone call only giving me a location and allusions to angels, truth, and answers. This is what I’ve devoted my life to, so I found a way to meet him there. He offered me a choice. In one hand, I could find out why I was spared, who the angel was that rescued me, and why I didn’t accept my past ‘reality.’ I didn’t even wait to hear what the blue pill meant, I took the red one he held before me. All the other questions in my mind about the situation I was in, the strange man before me, none of them mattered. As long as I would have that one answered, my life would make sense again. I swallowed the pill, and went through the process we all know very well by now, and the rest is history. Here I am, part of the real world, a force to be reckoned with in the Matrix world. He freed me, though he would never take credit for it. The only thing left to figure out was the identity of my angel. Who truly set me free? Morpheus brought me to Zion, where I joined a crew of men when I was ready, most of whom had similar stories to tell of angels in their dreams and wanting to figure them out. The truth would soon come to all of us.

After a little over a year in the matrix, running missions for Zion with my teammates in the Priory of Zion, my hunt was over. Dagonet was the first to find his angel. Dmax and Pirus joined him months later, but I was still without mine. They helped me on my path, and I finally discovered the truth. I worked hard to get there, but I met a man called Tbone, who was one of the most respected commanders in all of Zion. He looked strangely familiar when I was introduced to him and I knew I had seen him somewhere before. Then it hit me. That was him, that was the angel who freed me from my death, he is the reason I am truly alive. He was the answer to the question that haunted me for years. I was finally truly awake and saw what he had intended for me to discover all along, when I was ready to. I was accepted into his crew of Furious Angels and I await the day a new redpill finds me, the man who saved him and set him free. I know where I belong, and my allegiance is forever devoted to Tbone, Zion, and a life as a Furious Angel.

//End transmission
##Transmission Terminated"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 02:57:16 am »
another question... What kind of technological limitations will there be. In terms of camera angels, movements, etc?

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 10:27:24 am »
wow lol this would make a badass movie man too bad we cant put more detail in this... with that basic lay out you could make a feature length film lol I think its good as is but ultimately its your story and your decision.  Seriously though, just reading that makes you wanna jack in and kick some ass.  In any case good job on what you wrote so far and I hope the movie turns out well.  If you need any help just send me email in game or a message here and i'll be there.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 133